The success of Google Chrome is proof that performance most definitely matters

The success of Google Chrome is proof that performance most definitely matters.

Other urls found in this thread:

w3counter.com/globalstats.php
w3schools.com/browsers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

google chrome's "success" comes from aggressively bundling itself with other software

???
You're legit retarded as fuck. I'm not the OP but all the normies use Google Chrome because they like how fast it is. That's literally the only reason why people use Chrome.

I would use Firefox, but it lags like shit even on a PC with a 6950X, 128GB of RAM, and a 1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD.

i use chrome for youtube magic options and thats it. the firefox add-on for it sucks

This.

Normies don't even know what a web browser is. They just open whatever gets them to google.

s/performance/advertising/

>I would use Firefox, but it lags like shit
sounds like you're a normie who doesn't know how to configure software

enjoys your rootkit

I think it's a little weird that Safari is so low, given how ubiquitious iOS devices / Mac products are.

>chrome
>performacne
kek

Macs are popular but most people can't actually afford them.

>install chrome
>install every single adblock/privacy extension in the extension store, check every box, download every blocklist
>complain about reduced performance
>shitpost all over Sup Forums out of spite

I use chrome on my iOS devices.

Most everyone I've seen with a Mac uses chrome too.

The reason chrome is so successful is because Google advertised it all over their site and it was legitimately faster then everything else. Once it became popular they started bloating it to hell but people continue to use it as they see it as being fast and blame their devices for speed problems.

For years it has been my preference not primarily for performance, but for security. They took that extremely seriously from day 1, innovating:
Forced updates
Sandboxing everything
Doing their own flash so they can better sandbox & secure it
Telling java to go fuck themselves
Better restrictions on bad pki
Aggressively pushing the world into better pki & ssl standards by increasing their messaging standards over time
Internally pinned certs for certain big things
That forced ssl thing (hsts? Forget exaclty the name)

Yes there are drawbacks to these things and the other browsers have tried and somewhat successfully followed suit, but the bottom line is, chrome has been way more committed to security and continues to lead in that area.

>The success of Google Chrome is proof that performance* most definitely matters.
*marketing

I mostly started using Safari because of longer battery life. I would preffer to use Firefox by all means tho. Since the last update it started being laggy like shit.

the success of windows is proof that performance doesn't matter
except that it's not, because correlation does not imply causation

The success of Google Chrome is proof that the general populous is fucking retarded. If you use it, so are you.

Getting a 1.2tb 750 was actually what made it stop lagging.

WHERE THE FUCK IS EDGE

Are you fucking blind? Look at the date.

>chrome
reliable
fast
simple

>firefox
slow
unreliable
complicated
customize

>interet explorer
buggy
complicated

guess who the people will choose

>chorme at 72% now

it's basically over

>be normie
>need a browser for new PC
>better use google to find a download
>HEY MR NORMIE USE THIS BROWSER WE ADVERTISE DIRECTLY ON THE GOOGLE FRONT PAGE
>ok

>muh performance

How autistic do you have to be to care about fractions of a second loading times?

>2013
Pic related.
>72%
where'd you get that from?

>where'd you get that from?
w3

That slow decline on firefox
That rapid decline on IE&Edge

In 2018, it'll literally just be chrome and Safari, and I'm not even so sure about Safari.

w3counter.com/globalstats.php

Forgot to mention, look at trends.
Hasn't been above 60% for chrome ever.

w3schools.com/browsers/

>chrome
You misspelled Opera here

enjoy your denial and SJW shovelware

is it actually better on battery life than chrome? I've always used chrome on macs

opera is a buggy mess. chrome is the "it just werks" browser

>slow
>unreliable

what df is wrong with your computers? It works perfectly fine on mine

i've been on the internet since 1996, used every browser, used Firefox as my main for YEARS

switched to chrome for the reason that IT'S FASTER, SMOOTHER, and BETTER than firefox

i don't care about google, best search engine great maps, i use gmail

people trying to call it a normie browser have transcended to new levels of stupidity. it was one thing to make fun of people who used Internet Explorer because it sucked. Chrome is the best browser right now, if you don't use it you're the idiot

no worries about le botnet, not a pedo and everything good on the internet tracks you anyways

>works on my machine
well if the only thing you "duckduckgo" is gay pron, then probably it will work.
But you can't deny that chrome is faster and more reliable in real world use.

Hilarious. Truly hilarious. I stopped using Google Chrome because it became a laggy mess.

Google Chrome being slow is hardly limited to my own computer, and I have witnessed it doing the same thing on other computers. It is a beast that is hell-bent on eating all of your memory.

Wow, you really are daft. GMAIL literally uses your emails to "personalize" advertisements for you. Get rekt.

A lot of people forget this but Firefox was dominating until they fired their own fucking CEO for donating to an anti-gay marriage cause. I remember the backlash was so bad to this anti-free speech issue and that is why its down 20% market share.

I guess this is a old chart but I know that a million geeks probably gave it up because of the bending to SJW will. Its probably even lower now like 15%.

Safari should be higher and now Safari and Firefox are probably tied.

>I'M AN OLD MAN ON THE INTERNET AND THAT MAKES ME AN EXPERT ON WHAT'S GOOD
My father is sixty-four, worked at Digital Equipment Corporation, Kodak, Nortel, Lucent Technologies and a host of other corporations that pioneered the technology we have now. He stopped using Google Chrome because of how much it lags his computer. He is now a Firefox user.

>inb4 too little RAM, too little processing power
He's got an intel i7and eight gigabytes of RAM. Get rekt space faggot.

One of the biggest reasons they climbed to fast is because they pushed Chrome like crazy on google.com for years.

>Firing a CEO for being a bad boy is why market share is lower
He was fired because, as the image of the company, he would have tarnished it.

The market share is lower because Mozilla is less able to market like Goog.

This is why normies use chrome.

I predict that Microsoft Edge will overtake Google Chrome in the amount of normie users. It is a concentrated effort by Microsoft.

>Firefox went to complete shit
>IE lol
>Safari lol
>Opera went to shit
>I remember Palemoon having issues

I use Chromium only because it's literally the only viable browser. I can't even use regular Chrome because they prevent non-appstore extensions even if you enable developer mode, among other issues.

I wanted Edge to be good so I could have an alternative. There are things I don't like about it, but it seems like they're being worked on so I'll give it a try eventually (uBlock when?).

Firefox dominated because it came out well before Chrome, and the only other options at the time were IE (which was shit beyond belief) and Opera (which you needed to config to be usable). At the time, Firefox had the best mix of features and stability, so people who knew half a shit about browsers were picking it up.

Then Chrome came around and integrated most of Firefox's features into a sleeker package, while combining it with the myriad of other services, and people latched onto it. It has nothing to do with muh SJW boogeyman bullshit.

Chrome often outperforms Firefox because it starts another thread for each tab, utilizing multi core/thread processors. It also helps with sand boxing threads/processes. Firefox just lumps shit into one big ass thread.

If chrome is using too much memory then just use the -process-per-site flag, so tabs on the same domain use the same thread/memory. Do not set the -single-process flag, only a retard would let yourbank.com and bigtits.com share/access the same memory pool.

I'd probably move to Chrome if it's user interface was any good and if it worked well with a ton of tabs open.

As it stands, I'm stuck with Firefox, even if it does perform like shit on Linux.

lq b8
(you)

People hate change. They got Internet Explorer with their computers right from the box, and they didn't care about it. Firefox felt pretty shitty and stuck at version 3 for god knows how long.
Chrome came out and it was leagues faster and more visually appealing than anything in the common market at the time. It was fast enough to push people beyond their initial stubbornness and actually do the switch.
And that was that. Chrome dominated the market, and every other relevant browser caught up. Microsoft began dropping its IE coding and got more into the standardized internet, Mozilla boosted FF's speed. But people don't care for change. They don't care if other browsers surpass Chrome, because Chrome was a considerable improvement when they changed to it, so why wouldn't it suffice now?

I switched from Chrome to Firefox only because it kept fucking my New Tab page, and it started to push the "apps" way too hard into the interface, to the point it actually got in the way of actual bookmarks and stuff. Firefox opens a new tab when clicking with the mousewheel on the tab bar, which is great, but I think Chrome's tabs' detachment and animations are superior.

replace "chrome" with "firefox"...
same story. yet, chrome lovers like you keep throwing shit at firefox

Firefox finally surpassed IE. Great success.

>make browser
>buy mobile operating system
>make browser default browser for mobile operating system
>shill the fuck out of os so that 3/4 of every phone and mobile device in existence is using your browser by default
>post HURR MUH SUCESSFUL BWOSER.jpg
???

Chrome used to be the fastest indeed, now I'd say it's the slowest and most bloated, shame

>no worries about le botnet, not a pedo and everything good on the internet tracks you anyways

Google scares the fuck out of me. I went on my google Photos and it was literally plastered with naked pictures of my sister. I had used a cheap Android phone for a while and she ended up using it after I got a new phone. It ended up backing up photos to the "cloud". I'm lucky the FBI hasn't stomped down my door after having this shit in plain view on my Google page for almost a year. I don't think anyone IRL knows my google account, but holy shit, they probably could have accessed it from my new phone if they wanted to. I had to delete the photos myself, one by one. I'm pretty desensitized but nothing prepared me for that. Let this be a warning that even if you THINK you have nothing to hide, you never know what is lurking in the "cloud". What would convince them such a feature would be okay?

>not using k-meleon.

/thread

post sister pictures obviously

Bad news.
The day mozilla kills firefox, Google will ban all adblocking extensions for chrome.

We're talking about opera not chropera.

i'm the old man. Average computer, i5, 8 gigs of ram

i literally have both firefox and chrome's newest versions installed and their is a noticeable difference in speed and performance

chrome does use more ram, but it's a negligible difference and worth the better performance to me

maybe your old man has a bunch of bullshit running in the background?

Firefox lags like shit because Google has shit tier javascript running on almost every website on earth.

>google will ban all adblocking

and then we stop using Chrome, it's really simple.

use whatever is the best. I used firefox for years, chrome got better, switched to chrome.

if Firefox comes out with a better version I'll happily jump ship. If Opera does, same thing

I actually am rooting for Firefox to come out with a better version.

Stupid things like this: for years firefox in Cinnamon environments doesn't have the functionality it does in Windows, where the title bar is merged with the tabs and saves you desktop space.

google (or duckduckgo LOL) this problem, people have been bitching about this for literally YEARS

chrome? chrome functions just as it does in Windows on my computer. I don't have a title bar above the tabs, it's integrated.

people will try to defend Firefox, "that's on the OS man" well fuck it, Chrome did it why can't they?

How many more years do we have to wait?

Mac basically doesn't exist outside of America.
t. yurp

*and China

Holy fuck

>trusting trackers and analytic grabbers that are blocked by (proper) ad blocking addons/lists/rules
you sure are a shitty shilling faggot, op

this image is 3 years old

Google always wins, baby.

You literally can't go to ANY Google site without them spamming you about how Chrome is amazing and will cure testicular cancer so download nao!

Then it comes bundled by default with Android.

Chrome is literally the new Internet Explorer.

IE is bundled with every Windows distribution
Safari with every OSX
Firefox with some of the most popular Linux distributions
Chrome is only one that is not shilled down your throat

Why is your sister taking naked pictures of herself?

I don't know. I was a chrome user for as long as I can remember up until this year, when the RAM consumption started getting too high. Switched to Firefox clones and never had an issue again

Chrome is the least bundled browser in that chart.

Seriously user?
It is mostly a good marketing and it is more comfy to normies. I'm literally the only person in my school using Firefox.
Everybody just knows what Chrome is. Even my grandma has it installed because Google is suggesting to install it when on IE.

everybody knows what firefox is too dipshit

this is like arguing Beatles vs Rolling Stones quit acting like you're some kinda rebel for using fucking Firefox

Nope. Most of YOUNG population know what Firefox is. And also, they don't give FF a chance because normies are less adaptable. They stumbled upon Chrome when Google was shilling it so hard and that's it.

It'd be more like Beatles vs Ghost.

I used opera 12 for years, I know what I'm talking about.

>people who used to use IE switched to Chrome
I guess this means something.

There a billion lagdroid smartphone bundle with chrome

how old are you? I'm in my late 30's and back in the day there were two: Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator. Netscape was out before IE and Microsoft got into some shit for bundling IE with windows and tricking lots of new users into using it. There used to be websites that would block you if you used IE.

EVERYONE who knew anything about computers used Netscape and that's the browser that Firefox evolved from. Then everyone switched to Firefox. Chrome isn't even a thing when this happened btw

So having some 16 year old idiot on Sup Forums tell me, an old guy, that only young people know about Firefox is a joke

Guess what: I use chrome. Not because I'm old or stupid, but because it's a better web browser as of 11/4/2016

I hate to tell you that the reason it seems more people are using it is that it's better. It just is. Sure, if you have 1 gig of ram you might give a shit about 'muh resources' but most people who are into computers have machines that aren't obsolete and can run today's software

>11/4/2016
why this particular date?
What happened in April?

Dunno m80 Haven't used in a long time because botnet.
Also, Chrome is bundled on Android. People don't know of other alternatives.
You underestimate the ignorance of normies.

Because she is a whore.

>android

i'm talking about computers, not cell phones. good luck avoiding the botnet using a cell phone

as for the botnet, I was using Google search back when Yahoo was the number one browser. It was Yahoo! (powered by Google)

they already know my dirtiest secrets. There's nothing I could do today to further tarnish my internet history.

I am also a realist when it comes to the botnet and understand that Google analytics and sites that participate in it (like Sup Forums) is all they need to successfully track anybody.

I never had a myspace, facebook or any of that shit so I'm better off than most of you in that regard.

JEB SURGE

>He doesn't use the normal way to list dates

6/10 b8, got me to reply

Civilised world lists the day first. Both ways are wrong though.

>Civilised world lists the day first. Both wa

Civilized world spells things correctly, invents personal computers and the internet, lands men on the moon etc

>lands men on the moonlands men on the moon
Lmao.

> anti-free speech issue

Free speech protects the right to say things, it doesn't protect you from any consequence except legal you fuckin meme

Yes, OS X Chrome tends to be a huge power hog.

underrated post

Success of Google Chrome is proof that Google is our overlord and we can't do shit about it.

>security
>happily ships your data off to the Googleplex

Civilized worlds would know that that's stupid because the day doesn't denote the season like the month being first probably would assuming you woke up in roughly the same geographic area

People use chrome because Google shills it whenever you use their search engine. I hope they get anti trusted and broken up

I wish people would just use YYYY-MM-DD since it would satisfy both habits

AYYY-LM-AO

No, user. You're the retard. Normies dont care if things are fast or not. They care if they can use it to access facebook and twitter.

Given that chrome is built into every major android phones, they'll be the leading browser guaranteed. Chrome is what Internet Explorer was before they were served anti-trust.