How old is your current laptop?

How old is your current laptop?

Mine is 6 years now and still rocking.

5. It was made this month too actually.

Still works awesome. Going to be getting new maxed out 13" pro tho. Plan to transfer files over winter break.

i feel you brother.

Funny how only mac users have computers lasting 5+ years... hmm

My current laptop is 4 months old but my MBP 15 inch is pushing 5 years and all I had to do was replace the HDD with an SSD after it failed.
My little sister uses it to play minecraft now :P

2 years.
Oldest working one? 24 years.

7.5 years

if it ain't broke i ain't replacin it

Just gave my mid-2009 to my brother-in-law

He's loving it

Funny how only mac users cannot afford to upgrade... hmm

>Funny how only mac users don't need to upgrade... hmm
Fixed.
What's it like living with planned obsolescence?

2006 T60.

absolutely no reason to cover SN

NaN
i have no laptop

whats their use?

build wall edition.

About 2 months old. The laptop was manufactured in like April though

Funny how I kept my last laptop for 10 years

X61s , nearly 8 years old

When people go outside, they sometimes like to bring a computer with them, for various reasons.

This doesn't apply to you, so it would be used for comfy bed computing instead.

I have merged my powerful computer with my bed.

Also i have one outside - my phone!

I have a laptop from early 2000s. Threw pfSense on it and it is now my router.

You don't need to upgrade because you're in a walled garden, and it wouldn't make a difference.

its a catch-22

4 years? I bought it just after Windows 8 came out ... my last laptop was when Vista came out. I have the worst timing.

After years of bouncing off my lower back, the whole left side of the case is fucked up; bezel cracked, fan vent fins gone. If I jostle it or put pressure in certain ways on that side (drop something on it, hit the shift key too hard) something shorts outs and the thing goes nuts. Sometimes it's just the video that goes nuts and I can blindly shut it down. Can no longer comfystation and type in bed.

Been wondering if I got a replacement shell if that will remedy the situation, I'm assuming the laptop is flexing since all the support structures on the left is busted. Really should start looking for a new one, but this one keeps hanging on. ;_; Even survived a partial water splash the other week.

Around 6 years old. Battery is in good shape but the chipset is so power hungry that I might as well never take it off the charger.

Comfiest keyboard ever though so I'll have a hard time ever getting rid of it

8 or 9 years now I believe.
>7200 RPM drive
>Dedicated graphics
>Hyperthreaded dual core CPU
Works great. My only complaints are heat issues (the fan is almost always on) and the battery lasts maybe an hour and a half (I should probably get it replaced though)

What is a walled garden?

Closed environment, so with macs they've locked down their package manager so it by default will only install approved packages from Apple. That way Apple have ensured their users are "safe". It's a walled garden because it's great on the inside but you can't get out of it to explore other things

Thinkpad t430 from 2012

I upgraded to 8GB of RAM and an SSD, and unless it breaks I can't see myself needing to upgrade for years. Literally the perfect computer.

you're wrong.

Is the 2012 Macbook Pro the best Macbook Apple has made? You can modify the majority of it with relative ease.

9, it broke a few months ago and I'm replacing it with the same thing till I have the money to upgrade to a Let's Note

Shitty 6 year old Acer currently running Mint

Got it for $400, and I'll probably only replace it when every last part goes belly up.

That's the thing though, you can get out. OS X is like finding yourself unrestrained in an unlocked padded room. You start in babby land, but you're only there for as long as you choose to be.

>t. never used a Mac

June 2011, ThinkPad T420.
Core i5-2520M, upgraded to 8GB RAM (dual channel) and some cheap SanDisk 128GB SSD.

€40 for the RAM, €50 for the SSD, €180 for the Laptop itself (came with 4GB RAM and 160GB HDD).

Everything bought in 2015. I will use it for years.

9 months

whoops. that one is 3.5 years old

this is 9 months

5 years. Use as a pseudo desktop now. Monitor + peripherals set up.

>T61 from 2007
>literally 10 years old
>14" 1024 x 768
>2 GB of memory
>60 GB of HDD
>can't even run XFCE
>can only run i3
>no more than 3 tabs with firefox

>buying a new let's note
Just use a yahoo auctions proxy service and get a haswell gen second hand if you need the battery life

I want a new laptop

Will serve me well for the next 2 years. Then I'll just buy a new one because I'll feel the itch to upgrade.

>Can't even run XFCE
Christ has it really gotten that bloated?
Or do you mean Xubuntu?

3rd Gen X1 Carbon. So like a year old or something

>MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

I was going to upgrade this year but Apple's new MacBook Pro didn't convince me to buy.
Hopefully they'll fix some of my problems with it next year.

About 6 years.

kek

>Settings
>Safetey
>Allow apps from everywhere
lrn2google

4 year retina macbook pro still going strong

i've been converted

like new, not even joking. battery and everything

>owning a fruity toddler toy

6 years as well

close to 10 years old HP nx9420 - still running strong, except for the old battery that doesnt even last 8 minutes anymore

worked as a freelance layouter back in the day, why should i trash this machine? i use it for internet stuff now and it works just perfectly fine.

If it was made this month then how on earth is 5 years old?

>mfw this is the last piece of hardware i own and will ever own that steve gave his approval to ;_;

it does what i need it for. why should i upgrade? if you wanna pay for it, i'm all yours!

nigga, we're talking laptops, not iphones.

This
Mine is 9 years old and doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Thanks based XFCE.

fuck sierra, fuck the new macbooks, fuck tim cook's wild ride, i'm getting a dell latitude by the end of the year and triple booting

What Latitude model will you be getting?

Either an e5470 or e7470, depends on the prices I can find (budget is only about $500-600 since it's a secondary machine).

Sure wish those new Pros didn't get a price increase

user do you even math?

>what is five years ago this month
shigeru

3 years, it's an asus leltop after few months intel release new haswell cpu i'm acuck desu.

>"It was made this month too actually"
It should be "It was made IN THE SAME MONTH as tomonth"

not laptop but my 2600k rig is still running well

oh so you do understand what he meant you're just being pedantic, at least you're just autistic and not a proper retard

Be specific faggot or you'll end up getting buttfucked by german jews.

nice meme dude!!! heres one from reddit, my favorite website :)

1 year old and I got it for "free"

Looser thread?

Ordered chinkpad x1 yoga oled 3 months ago but Lenovo won't fucking deliver it, maybe the animal they make the organic screens with went extinct.
Nice try NSA

Have you replaced the HDD on that thing?

4 years. It's doing okay with a few hiccups here and there

ye, an ssd to speed it up, old hdd wasn't broken. Got 16k hours on the SSD.
I did have to replace the battery thought, was inflating and malfunctioning.

r8 my server
posting from HP ml350 g5 :dD
>inb4 5gb ram

Yeah. I replaced the SSD and upgraded the ram on mine too. This thing came with 2gb's! The machine would be slow as fuck without those upgrades.

And I need a new battery, but I will just buy a new laptop instead of upgrading this.

didn't really count the years but not so old

What the fuck, am I in topsy-turvy world

>macbook
>You can modify the majority of it with relative ease.

Same, except mine runs at a 100 degrees an the fan sounds like a jet engine taking off
Thanks HP

>Upgrading to shitpost on Sup Forums

please do note that this machine is atleast 8 or more years old
This processor by it self is 9 years old

redo the thermal paste faggot

nice suggestion user but you don't have to be a dick about it

3.5 (primary) and 7 years (Win XP, running offline, I keep it for compatibility with my 10 years old laser printer).

>>no more than 3 tabs with firefox
So it's on tier with present day builds?

It's a T420s so 5 years or something?