On the matter of soundcards

First of all, I'm an idiot when it comes to hardware.

Second: I've been gifted a bretty cool mic, and the quality sounds great, but when I try to push the audio quality beyond 48 000hz, the quality improves, but there's a very loud background noise, like of a plane engine. I know for sure that it's not an actual real noise, it's not coming from anywhere.
Would adding a soundcard fix this problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cIQ9IXSUzuM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You should add a rope instead.

Thats from all the interference from inside the computer. Get a dac, a usb dac. Then kys

Sound cards are placebo.

/thread

Already working on that.
Didn't even know they were a thing. Thanks, any specific model or something? Would that let me put my mic on anything higher than 48khz?
Considering modern pcs aren't exactly toasters, I'm actually inclined to believe you.

Why do I need a Sega Mega Drive inside my computer? Painted red no less.

This never made any sense to me. If interference in the audio circuitry is such a big deal, why don't they simply put the DAC as close as possible to the actual sound-producing device?

Why should one's fucking computer have a DAC at all? It should be inside the goddamn mic/headphone. Why have analog lines running all over the place when you can just convert to analog as late as you possibly can, namely just before you actually USE the analog data to drive the device?

This single change would fix the entire million-dollar japanese cable autism

Because dacs cost money and it makes more sense to get one good one than 10 shitty ones

What kind of usb dac should I be getting? All reviews are saying that they're okay for laptops, but I have a fairly powerful computer, one would think that my mobo's integrated soundcard would be more powerful than these 30€ external soundcards.

Maybe I should get one of these, pic related?

Shit look at how much of a difference it makes to the faggots who actually care about audio technology and pay thousands of dollars on good headphones only to get analog bullshit with a million devices in-between.

Get a xonar or an ht omega why the fuck would you get anything made by shit blaster.

I'm checking the Xonar U7 but according to one review you can't record shit if you have your mic plugged in there, only using the default windows recorder (so no audacity or whatever).
Is he right? Is the u7 shit and should I look for another one?

>Load an equalizer.
>Turn down the frequency where the static occurs.
MAGIC!

Any recommended software that could do the trick?

i knew you were retarded, but you're outdoing yourself here

static is aperiodic random noise. it's literally at all frequencies

really depends on your price range and goals. is this for headphones?

if you just want to see if a cheap dac will help some noise problem, then behringer uca202 is the cheapest dac that's not a piece of shit

it's not interference in the circuitry that's the problem, it's the circuitry itself. in theory most dacs are "good enough" but in implementation they're sodered to the shittiest transistors you could possibly imagine. what you're paying for in an "audiophile" dac is the build, and sometimes an amplifier

all software is crap, outboard that to a nice craigslist hardware unit

I just want to plug this fancy microphone they gifted me and be able to record shit at a higher quality than 48000hz.
I don't even care about any "improved audio quality" coming from my speakers, I'm not an audiophile.

Depends on what sound card, what audio equipment you're running, and what setup you have.

Generally the answer is no, built-in audio chipsets do the job pretty well these days.

So why do people throw shittons of money on superior cables?

because the market exploits ignorance

Shielded cables are a thing even in digital applications in order to reduce packet loss. I figure there must be a reason why people would use analog data transmission over digital, where such interference would simply prompt retransmission of data instead of actually fucking it up

I have a fairly powerful pc, my mobo is an Asus X99-A.
I'm using one of these typical studio-looking mics, with a pop filter and everything. I only know that the brand is Tonor, but I know nothing about the model or anything, the box doesn't say anything.

digital audio signals aren't retransmitted in normal protocol setups

>get a DAC
>I've been gifted a bretty cool mic
>mic

You guys are fucking retarded.

He needs an audio interface, not that he should be using a shitty PC mic if he wants quality.

Why not? Music is stored in digital format now. Might as well transmit that and let the DAC deal with it as late as possible as close to the phone as it can

to elaborate: to make retransmission work you would need buffering, sequencing, and a greater throughput than the real-time rate. it's easier to just buffer the last sample and replay it if a sample is dropped

That sounds too expensive and complicated, I just want to use my mic at >48khz without that loud noise in the background [spoiler];_;[/spoiler]

Creative soundcards are memetech cancer
Anybody who has bought anything from memeative should kill themselves, you bought the baby boomer audiophile equivalent of gamer gear

Please bear in mind that almost the entirety of Sup Forums, including Sup Forums, is full of 0-30k/yr poorfags and all responses about anything that costs money is colored thusly. These fucksticks listen to nothing but chinkpop on 20 dollar cans, and their best mic has electrical tape on it.

A decent USB DAC/Soundcard isn't a bad long term investment for better recording SNR and a more powerful headphone amp. I'd look at the Asus Xonar U5 or U7 (50-80 bux).

Thanks. But
Can you tell me if this is true? Can I not record in audacity using that dac thingy? I don't even care if it doesn't work in skype/discord since I wouldn't use it for those purposes.

>but when I try to push the audio quality beyond 48 000hz, the quality improves
sample rate does not mean quality user, going above 48khz makes no sense and will give you nothing.
youtube.com/watch?v=cIQ9IXSUzuM

>according to one review you can't record shit if you have your mic plugged in there

I don't even know wtf this means, you probably read the review of a retard sperg. Theres only one combination Mic/Line-In port on the front of the U7 if thats what you're asking. When you plug in the jack sensing prompt will ask you if you connected a Mic (to be amplified) or a Line-In (to not be amplified). You wouldn't have any trouble recording in any program unless you left your motherboard sound still enabled and its still set as the default recording device. If you use a USB DAC you just want to go in the bios and turn off the motherboard sound for good.

> you probably read the review of a retard sperg
Thank you, that's what I thought.

>projecting this hard
8/10 would reply again

don't you have some scuffed up chinkpad with arch you should be setting to have a taiwanese cartoon girl background?