Is it even a competition anymore?

investors.com/news/technology/click/apple-iphone-grabs-104-of-smartphone-industry-profit-in-q3/

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=IPhone explodes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>sell cheap products at premium prices
>make more profit than people that sell cheap products at lower prices
idk why this is surprising

Was there ever any competition?

Samesung but they BLEW it.

>apple takes 13.2% in number of sold phones
>more than 100% of total profits, up from 90%

Really makes you think how inflated the pricing is

R&D

Oh user

They don't spend as much on R&D as samsung. Look it up, they spend like 10% of what samsung does.

All that money goes into apple's coffers.
It's kinda funny, but apple is draining the entire world of a massive quantity of wealth.

kek

well yeah but you make it sound like apple does this to people when in fact people choose to give apple a massive quantity of their money in exchange for a status symbol
a fool and his money are easily parted

How much of that is India phones and shitty Walmart straight talk Android phones? If you reduce that to the amount of Android phones you'd actually want to use it would plummet. If you reduce that to the number of devices running 7.0 it would barely be visible.

I switched from a 6P to an iPhone 7 perfectly knowing that the 6P is better on paper in a lot of respects. But the 7 is just a better phone.

Apple has it's own issues for sure, but Android phones are fucking garbage for poor people

Yes, if you remove Android phones from your statistics, the market share of Android phones will plummet.

>I flooded the market with $50 pieces of shit, but I have the highest market share!

Took me a bit but kekked well

>muh r&d
fuck off

you're really not getting it are you?
you must be some special kind of special to not understand how this works, especially considering it has already been done before by microsoft
applel makes both hardware and software
google just makes the software and gives it to everyone out there to do with as they please
this means that you have an OS for one type of phone and you have an OS for all types of phones
which one do you think will win?

apple is just riding a wave of popularity, masterfully sustained, i might add, by their marketing division

but when that's over and the dust clears, apple will fall again just as it did before microsoft the first time

Interesting that Google is adopting Apple's model for the Pixel and many are hailing it as the best Android phone yet, hmm.

Not to mention this "free and open" model leads to all kinds of management and quality control issues. I've lost count how many "flagships" got left in the dust by updates.

Pixel is overpriced garbage. Have fun with that 2 years maximum of software support

This, apple saw an opportunity to make mad dosh and took it, and no matter how you look at it, it was well played. It would never fly if buyers were smart enough to not buy overpriced products, but we all know the average consumer is a dumbfuck.

so what's your point?
microsoft also makes the surface but that doesn't stop them from dominating the market with windows

>overpriced
Expensive != overpriced.

>le esploshun meme
Fuck off, iPhones are just ad bad

but iphone is cheaper than a Samsung or a Pixel

did you fail kindergarten math?

>I can't spell monosyllabic words
>I can't tell the difference between exploding phone recalls and my own bad personal taste

hahaha oh wow....

Serious: how much better is iPhone in terms of security? I am fiddling with the idea to switch to iPhone considering my P9 is shit, but I need hard-on encryption.

>Apple uses nCipher HSMs to store passwords, basically a digital Fort Knox that can't be cracked.

>Google uses, well, nothing.

As far as taking your data and privacy seriously, Apple would be worlds better. Google has bent over backwards for the FBI multiple times and their whole business model is using you for ad revenue.

>>I can't spell monosyllabic words
Oh wow, sure got me there
>>whatever you wrote after
lmgtfy.com/?q=IPhone explodes

Stupid faggot

>Google X explodes
>I win!!!!

Thanks a lot for the info. I was expecting to be called names even on this board but you guys seem more sane.

That's what you'll notice about Apple fanboys vs Android fanboys. Android fanboys tend to be underage and throw around insults and memes instead of anything useful.

But that is literally what you did before shitting the note 7 meme out of your brain.
Or did it actually explode on you and you were left mentally retarded forever?

No? Ive only ever owned iPhones. Not dumb enough to buy a ticking chink time bomb.

Oh so you were born mentally retarded. Good to know

Nice argument.

Nice cherry picking

The Pixel has only been hailed by the same people who always hail the latest iPhone, pretty much nothing but paid """""journalists"""""

God, I hate shills
If you want security you don't want a phone, unless your only adversary is a shit tier third world LEA or some niggers
Apple has cooperated with the FBI (despite the whole San Bernardino shitfest), Wikileaks showed how they cooperate regularly with them to decrypt their phones
Also
>closed source security
Google has been using dm-crypt based encryption since Android 3, back in 2010
Manufacturers have copied the current Apple scheme in various ways, Samsung has their Knox thinge for example
Apple is literally just as bad as Google you fucking shill, they also had bended to the FBI just like Google has, if not more times
You're getting nothing but lies and retardation from both sides, just like you're doing right now

It's not surprising honestly

Android OEMs are literally doing nothing but copying apple, there's no reason to just not buy apple now

Poorfag detected.

wew lad great way to start calling names like some Android fanboy

Only tens of dollars cheaper. They're all in the 250$ cost of production per phone for both Pixel iPhone and S7

While the iPhone is off the security is god tier.
While it is on, practically every version of iOS gets hacked to allow jailbreak through the browser, which can be done automatically. Which means that malware websites could undermine your phone's security just by visiting them.