IPhones don't have a notification LED

>iPhones don't have a notification LED

wtf I hate iPhones now

Seriously, I'm surprised because everything else is pretty much perfect hardware wise.

If you must have such thing, you can set it so the flash light acts as one. It's pretty damn annoying though.

Just switched after seven years of only owning Nexus devices with RGB LEDs.

It's not ideal. But it's worth the compromise to have a small phone again.

Does that actually blink indefinitely for missed calls/messages or just in the moment when they're received?

It seems like a bit of a hack anyway, many people complain that it doesn't work as well as a dedicated LED.

Yeah I'd like a smaller phone too. That's why I'm eyeing the Xperia X Compact. Not quite as small/thin as the SE, but maybe it's good enough.

It only blinks when you first get the notification.

that has to be the most retarded and annoying thing normalfags enable on their mobile jew

You can make it flash when you get notification. also make sounds and also vibrate all at same time !

That's useless then.
The notification LEDs are mostly for missed calls/messages/emails.

Why the fuck would you want that?
During normal circumstances, sound/vibration is enough.

During meetings etc. you should only have vibration (if that) since checking your phone's LED all the time is rude as fuck.

see It's useful if your phone is laying on the table and you want to see if you have new notifications without touching the phone and turning on the screen.

Pretty much every decent phone has that, I'm surprised iPhone users are so clueless.

Applefags don't care since they are always on their phones anyway so no missed notifications.
If they were to add one, it'd be cool if they made it a ring of light around the home button.
>Instead they will make you shill for an apple watch

>notification LED

Glanceable information. You can disable it if you don't like it.

this
hell just a dimly lit the led for whenever you get a notification.

O shit, i forgot. It'll kill the battery too.

t, actual SE user pleased with it.

>O shit, i forgot. It'll kill the battery too.

You know what kills the battery more than a tiny blinking LED?
Waking up your phone and turning on the entire screen several times a day just to check for notifications.

They're useful as fuck. How else can you look at your phone for a split second and know whether you have notifications, and for which apps in an instant?

He's right you know

I fucking hate people who have that enabled

Depends on use case, but typically no.
Especially if the LED only blinks for notifications (missed calls/messages) and not all the time.

Notf LED nearly not using energy comparing to rest of phone. Also who the fuck care about this "feature" to die?

>iphones are small
I just got one and what

That was the first thing I disabled when I got a Nexus 7. Fucking annoying having that light blinking all the time, I'm not a goddamn babysitter.

it'll take years before even an iphone battery is drained by a LED

OP's image is an iPhone SE. Which has a four inch screen. It's basically a 6s in the body of the 5/5s.

i wish it had one, but it's not a huge deal to me, maybe because i was accustomed to the one on my old phone being undependable in its later life.

I've always thought it would be nice if a notification light could be implemented as the ring around the home button.

Also, I've recently been thinking the iPhone with a 4.7" display is the worst form factor. It's too big for one handed use, but too small to allow a much larger capacity battery.