X220 appreciation thread

Post pictures of your X220s

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdb7TjJPbFZz3a2J6OPLNZno85KRwkckdPfxW5xc7TOkO2gDQ/viewform?c=0&w=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

X201 is better fampai

I bought a used x220 from Germany for 200€ but After a month the battery died and i don't know how to choose another one, could someone help me ?

P50 here

Hello

Overrated piece of shit.

X200 is where it's at.

This

Is there really a reason to use a x200 instead of a x201?

X220t reporting. 2 SSDs installed.

If you don't want the trackpad, then use a x200

ok

Absolutely terrible machines deliberately meme'd on Sup Forums so autists with 0 knowledge or opinion buy into this bull.

>Using 8 year old hardware

Ew, no thanks

t. numale apple fag

x201 master rice

absolute freedom aka libre/coreboot with no blobs

Kek I bought a used x230 for 170€ and the battery also died after a month.

Tablet version. Use it for shitposting, programming, light photoshopping, 3D design, and drawing.

Heavy though, and fans sound like jet engines.

Hackintosh x220t checking in.

i5, 8gb ram, dual ssds. 4h battery. Favorite laptop of all time

About to get one of these great devices ...
any advice you veterans can give me on what to look out for ?

x201t master race
i like the keyboard on this better than x220

No, if you don't want the trackpad you just buy a x200 palm rest and put it on the x201.

Ah, I thought they both could use either but it seems only coreboot supports x201.

if you intend on installing Linux and want to use a WWAN modem, make sure to get the Ericsson one.
Gobi ones require you to extract the windows driver from the installer and then utilise it via wrappers.
Sierra ones, no clue.
Ericsson modem works out of the box with ModemManager.

Any computer with Intel i* CPU has Management Engine. Nasty shit.

How does full disk encryption work on those?
Does it work pretty much without performance penalty?
Do you need a compatible SSD for it to work?

Has anyone, by chance, tried running VMs, and if so, did that work well ?

reporting in

I'm on X200, and it's unnoticeable. It should be even better with hardware AES acceleration on newer CPUs. No special hardware needed for LUKS (Linux) or TrueCrypt (Windows).
Should be good, I run WinXP in VirtualBox sometimes.

I have a nice SSD in here too.

Thinking about getting a new battery because it doesn't charge past 78%.

Have had for a couple years now. Bought one for my gf as well, but doesn't have webcam and is an i5.

I run windows 7 in a VM from time to time. works fine, but I only do it for some random times I need MS office or software for school that doesn't work on Linux.

Using my trusty x201. Thinking of buying a x220 in order to future-proof. Any thoughts?

am i doing it right

>not using glorious x61s

>tfw too greedy to finally upgrade to SSD and IPS

I bought my T420 specifically because of Sup Forums. I never regretted it, be it only for the keyboard and for the excellent drivers compatibility.

Also pic related.

Too bad the screen ratio is shit in this.

hello new thinkpad owner here
got my hands on a mint x230, it'll be here in 4 days. what do i do to prepare myself for it?

build a shrine for your thinkpad ?

Order an LP125WH2-SLT1 so you don't have to look at the revolting stock TN display for too long.

Looking into buying an X220
Is 1600x900 at 12.5" comfortable to read?

i'm already working on it :) just need to figure out where to buy a decent table.
i'm assuming you've done this before, any tips?
and thank you, i will get working on that once i do more research.

Why is X220>X230?

The fuck is this

well do you like it

charge your phone

Keyboard, otherwise they're practically the same build. X230 with the **20 keyboard implanted is best tho

So should I just get an X220, then?

Yeah, there's not much of a difference between them.

Ivy bridge x220 here

What?

>circlejerking over old business machines which at the time of actual use none of the actual users raved about

Kys yourselves you bunch of poorfag 'le retro nerdy stuff xD' hipsters.

x230 motherboard in x220 shell.

how? when? explain me please?

x320 master race

>systemd

Do you know where I can get one?

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdb7TjJPbFZz3a2J6OPLNZno85KRwkckdPfxW5xc7TOkO2gDQ/viewform?c=0&w=1

muh dick

Step one, Buy a x220 off ebay. ~140
Step two, Buy a x230 motherboard ~$90
Step three, Wait for delivery.
Step four, Open x220, take put motherboard.
Step five, Put in x230 motherboard.
Step six, Install modified EC firmware
Step seven, put x220 back together.
?????

I recently got mine. Is it normal for the trackpoint to move a bit on its own after I let go?

Newegg's selling x200 tablets for 124 right now, this thing isn't half bad. I actually enjoy using one note with it.

You'll need to buy a 44++ battery too because the X230 will not power on and charge simultaneously with the standard 29++ battery in the X220.

Show us the displayport hole.

yes

AW SHIT NIGGA ARE THOSE PISTACHIOS

Add an SSD and they are much better.

I like my t520 and a x201t, I like my t520 a lot but I barely use it ever since I got a thinkpad Yoga 14.

X250 checking in.
Upgraded from an X200. Nicer display is nice. Trackpad is useless. Chiclet keys are ok.
The main thing I miss is the blue enter key

>tfw too greedy to finally upgrade to SSD

SSD can move forward to other computers. I don't upgrade screens tho since at home I use an external monitor, keyboard and mouse connected to muh Ultrabase. Every Padder should have a dock. Holds another hard drive in a caddy if want.

X230s complete cost around that much, but if you get the parts cheaper might as well do the swap.

Two thinkpad threads? I'll support this one. Fuck those 400 series plebs with their beefy arms and bad eyesight.

200 series until China finally nationalizes lenovo and uses old stock for tank armor

>>circlejerking over old business machines which at the time of actual use none of the actual users raved about

They paid retail. OTOH used Pads are often spectacular deals and tend to be very, very easy to work on. I can afford any notebook I want, but prefer what Pads and their docks and caddies enable me to to, and I can scatter notebooks about my home and shops without worrying if they get damaged or stolen or come to harm. For heavier work I have desktops.

>TN panel

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

What's a fair price for one of these badboys? The tablet one, specifically

No hole, my motherboard came with a base.

x220t here

linux support?

Just got a used one, best way to clean keyboard and screen?

I too have the X220t.
This shit is a tid bit noisy on Winblows but SILENT as fuck on Debian.

Also wtf is up with this website nowadays
>error: you are banned
>This Pass is already in use by another IP. Please wait 08 minutes and re-authorize by visiting this page again to change IPs.

Honestly all I can say is FUCK YOU HIRO for shitting all over Sup Forums.
I'm still getting fucking stupid error messages while posting with a fucking pass.

I don't see why it wouldn't

so it's just 1080 on an x220 with a new cpu?

Its just a x220 or x230 with a 1080p screen and a custom made bezel

The x62 does a new cpu

damn, the cheapest one was 500 dollars
do they sell a kit?

X230 here. Had it for four years soon to be five years. Still works, but it sometimes turns off by itself with no warning. Not sure if it's time to buy a new laptop.

So they're basically disposable cheap light load workhorses that nobody wants to steal. As I thought.

at some point I think

>light load.
More like medium load faggot

Can you post wallpaper?

2nding dis

>old TwinkPad
>anything more than document writing and 480p YouTube videos

Ok buddy.

Have you ever used one? X200 works fine with windows 10, and youtube runs 720p streams as well as netflix just fine. Things get a bit better under linux.

X230 works just as well as any modern laptop for day-to-day tasks. I even game on it (Mostly strategy and indie games). Once again linux helps.

Either you don't know what you are talking about, or we have differing definitions of "old"

you're being played faggot

>jokes
>on Sup Forums
not fucking likely my man. Not fucking likely.

>X200 works fine with windows 10
But why would you do that when it supports libreboot? Also, the latest version of libreboot makes video performance and battery life better than stock, by improving CPU state support and allocating more vram.

>But why would you do that when it supports libreboot?

To run Windows applications. I'm not only not paranoid, I would like the NSA to have my metada because it will look fine in any security clearance investigation and I may renew mine someday depending on employment.

libreboot should exist, but running it to no purpose on a PC not used as a classified workstation doesn' t add useful function.

Booting for over half an hour now, from time to time bar moves one pixel forward. I think i fucked something up.

I'll post in here because noone answered me in the thinkpad general:

I have a x220. How do I make it so that i can use the trackpoint left handed and the pad right handed? Sounds stupid but it just works for me

why can't I get an x200s with a decent screen. Would be perfect

sent from my x200s

Such a comfy device. I use it mainly for work at uni. Coupled with an external screen and a mouse it really serves as a decent workstation. Also, the keyboard is godlike.