Does Sup Forums find this humorous?

Does Sup Forums find this humorous?

I do, but most autistic shits here have no sense of humor.

Id rate it 6/10
5 would have been neutral
But then again Im german

/thread

it's okay

BAZINGA! I HAZ FUNNIES!

I don't recall xkcd strips ever making me chuckle, but they're extremely clever at times and that in itself is entertaining enough.

the writer has dabbled in a lot of subjects and seems to not only grasp them fairly well, but is also acutely aware of that and thus never comes across as a pedant or know-it-all. I think that's impressive.

This

Some of them are good

It's all wrong wtf. If you're laughing at that you're gonna love the big bang theory.

>comparing satire with shitty writing
KYS my man

XKCD is not a "comic". These are not "strips". it's a blog in psuedo-comic format. Riding off of basement dwellers who think they're intelligent for pretending to laugh and "get it" when it's wikipedia information pasted on stick figures. Wouldn't make it 5 minutes into an entry level code monkey job. Meme hit the high point when he won internet awards for his psuedo animation. spergs sat around waiting for updates of one frame. memes at their very worst

I've learned more about my world both directly and indirectly from Randall than any single other human being probably.
The guy's brilliant and has an unparalleled ability to covey ideas.
People who don't like or are too cool for xkcd I've found are usually retarded and narrow sighted/minded.
There're plenty of idiots who like it because they think it makes them look `nerdy' or something, but at least these people are usually nice and mostly harmless.

The only thing funny about XKCD is that he constantly makes the female stick figure knowledgeable about everything.

>it's all wrong

That's the joke pajeet

well in this case it kind of makes sense because the first programmers were girls basically sliding punchcards into giant room sized computers.

But there was so much more they could have done with this theme while making it still historically accurate, instead of half true/half retarded and not really funny

He uses humor and satire to share what he knows without ever saying a word. I had a uni lecturer who taught in a similar but unique way. The only thing pretentious about XKCD is black hat guy.

Too weak. Maybe I'm not fat enough.

Honest question: Is xkcd supposed to be funny? I've never laughed, but I appreciate the satire.

Assuming the male figure is basically his self-insert, it makes sense that he wouldn't pick him as the know-it-all.

What?

>well in this case it kind of makes sense because the first programmers were girls basically sliding punchcards into giant room sized computers.
>this meme

>but is also acutely aware of that and thus never comes across as a pedant or know-it-all. I think that's impressive.
>never comes across as a pedant or know-it-all

It's supposed to be entertaining. Occasional chuckles or "hah that's nice" are the reaction you're supposed to have, not knee slapping "HOLY SHIT LMAO THAT IS FUCKING GOLD I LITERALLY CANNOT BREATHE". Think about it, it's a long-running comic with well over a thousand strips.

QUITE THE ARGUMENT, RANDY

It's supposed to be "...hah." funny.

>it's not shit because it's as funny as the newspaper comics
Your standards are so low you've turned your mother into a whore by osmosis.

Sorry?

Only problem with him is that he's a white knight cuck.

Only few of them can actually make me laugh, but a lot of them are brilliant

The first 300 or so XKCDs were pretty good and not as safe.

I think the official term is "Randall Munroe's Illustrated Picto-Blog".

>still more accurate than how school books portray history up to WW2 (including)

If you see an i/o shield, or a zip disquette, would you cal it "programmer" too? Women were not programmers, the were doing the routine work serving the punchcards and typing on teletypes. There were few actual male programmers, on or two for 10 women.

>i/o shield
"Human assemblers" would be more accurate. Software ate their jobs.

Did you just assume their genders?

t. autist

The ENIAC wasn't a stored-program machine so it had to be manually wired to program it. The 5 women assigned to it had to know how the machine worked internally before inputting some data or plugging the components to do certain operation. They literally programmed the machine.

>You had to pick a compact font, or you'd only fit a few characters per card
what the fuck

t. autist

The only """"tech"""" comic that I find even remotely funny is dilbert

Females were chosen as programmers, because it was essentially knitting or weaving. Woman's work.

It's some kind of Dumb Comedy that may or may not work with some people, depending from their humour at the moment.

Doesn't work most of the time but it's easier to make one and can guarantee at least a good smile.

>well in this case it kind of makes sense because the first programmers were girls basically sliding punchcards into giant room sized computers.
I think they were really just the operators, the actual program planning was usually done by men, the women were responsible for translating it into punched card format and feeding it to the computer, basically the same kind of work women were already doing a lot of at the time. Though upon seeing this particularly comic I thought the female character was maybe a reference to Grace Hopper, who unlike most women in the early days of computer, did have a major role in software planning (I think she was leader of the committee that designed COBOL, and also implemented the first compiler for any language).

>They literally programmed the machine.
It was very low-level programming, the stuff that the compiler would do for you these days. I think the actual algorithmic design was done by someone else.

LOL SO FUNNY AHAHAHAHAH

This and the fans.