The RX 480 continues to BTFO of the GTX 1060. How many new games has that been now...

The RX 480 continues to BTFO of the GTX 1060. How many new games has that been now? Nvidiots will still defend this ('Oh! But Nvidia is still the top x GPU's in that chart'). I can't wait to see the butthurt when Vega finally drops.

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/articles_pages/call_of_duty_infinite_warfare_pc_graphics_benchmark_review,9.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeSync#List_of_FreeSync_monitors
ebay.co.uk/itm/142130877540?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>call of dudebro
into the garbage

>implying whether the game is good or not makes a difference to the fact that the GTX 1060 is still gonna get gimped as time progresses.

meanwhile gtx1060 often has 30 fps advantage in non-dx12

>Outdated shit that will eventually die out.

Infinite Warfare isn't DX12. Feel free to post all these games where the 1060 has a 30fps advantage too. :^)

that's because amd paid. they needed that money because they knew their new game is total shit and nobody is gonna buy it.
yeah, less than a year old and outdated.

if you want to future proof dont buy the entry card.

>that's because amd paid

Infinite Warfare is in no way associated with AMD. Feel free to post your evidence otherwise. :^)

>card with more vram beats another card with less vram

am i missing something? is this bait?

You're missing the fact that the 4GB 470 is on par with the 6GB 1060, you tech-illiterate retard.

Are you blind, retarded or being stupid on purpose?

People still play cod?

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

AYYNVIDYA EXPLOSIONS

The fact that the 1060 is a piece of shit isn't some amazing revelation. Its lack of CUDA cores and memory bandwidth are going to have it age like milk.

> CUDA cores
> using this term unironically

>all those under 144Hz

What's the point lmao? Might as well run it at 1440p 60Hz.

>if it wasn't for amd still going full retard with power consumption on multimonitor and video playback, I would have got one instead of grabbing another nvidia

Oh well, you can't have your cake and eat it too I guess

480 owners still in lala land. Fucking hell you poorfaggots will do anything to justify buying poor

good goyim

>that's because amd paid
>implying AMD can afford to pay anything
I'm not even sure they still can afford to pay their employers.

How are those stuttery frametimes doing?

Very well thanks. Digital Foundry will have a video up soon I would guess anyhow. Stop falling for the frame times meme.

Bad frametimes can fuck things immensely. Ever played pretty much anything based on UE3? Feels like playing in an old 60hz monitor with those frametimes.

is the 480 the best value?
the 4gb is going for 199 right now

guru3d.com/articles_pages/call_of_duty_infinite_warfare_pc_graphics_benchmark_review,9.html

>The RX 400 series actually managed to impress as it seems far better optimized compared to say a Furu, R390 or R380.
>Nvidia scores properly well throughout the book on everything that starts at Maxwell.

>Call of Duty Infinite Warfare will NOT very likele make it into our regular benchmark suite for videocards. In the past we run into this as well, but there are things odd and off. As such we recommend you to look at the performance benchmarks as indicative performance. At one point the result set would be 50 FPS, and on the second similar path and execution 42 FPS and another 56 FPS. This means that the results shown today are indicative, not a precise measurement. Another problem was that some levels average out at say 40 FPS, yet there are a handful of scenes where the framerate will crumble down to say 25 FPS or where running a luxurious 60 FPS all of the sudden. That is the reality of this game engine.

When Nvidia does it, it's gimping. When AMD does it, it's "optimized drivers".
Y'all be dumb

you mad because your gpu exploded?

>paying more for less vram

Pascal cards are all running way too hot

Nvidia is gonna have another recall to pay out for pretty soon

SO HOT!

Are you retarded? The fact that the 480 is performing REALLY well in this title doesn't mean the other cards aren't performing as they should be. The 390X and Nano are alongside the 980, where they've always been. The 390 is now massively ahead of the 970, whereas they were once on par. You literally can't claim any form of gimping when the cards are performing exactly how they always have.

In fact, if you want to talk about gimping (at both a software and a hardware level), perhaps we should discuss the 970 being on par with a fucking 380X now, when it used to compete with the 390. I guess 3.5GB just doesn't cut it any more. :^)

Pic related is me btw

>He thinks that is the VRM heat that can only be measured with heat imaging hardware and is breaking the 115 degree thermal limit.
Snigger.

Oh and suck my balls

AMD games
>Microsoft Store only botnet10 game
>Cawadooty and Buttfield
>Deus Ex:Microtransaction Evolution
>"We were too poor to license anything good so here's this bullshit nobody cares about" - ie. Ashes of Singularity

Nvidia games
>Witcher 3:Motherfucking GOTY 2015 edition
>Overwatch, Fallout 4, Tomb Raider, basically any huge AAA game people actually care about
>Anything on a PS2/Gamecube/Wii emulator because AMD can't into OpenGL

This should say enough.
Inb4 some autistic hipster calls the games I listed shit.

>Tomb Raider, Fallout 4
Could you have picked two more shittier titles? I don't think so. Also. Goyworks.

>He thinks a single manufacturer fucking up represents an entire architecture of cards

>inb4 some autistic hipster calls the games I listed shit

Shouldn't you be complaining about dumb shit on Sup Forums?

We shall see...time will tell. Enjoy your house burning down :)

Then fuck off to Sup Forums gayman

>Shit company doesn't put a thermal solution on the fucking VRMs to save $0.02 in costs
>surprised when they burn up

Fuck, I CANT DECIDE.

Would have been easy decision to go for the GTX 1070, however.....the G-Sync monitors are a complete rip-off.
It's ridiculous to demand 500€ for a TN panel shit.

On the other hand, if I go for a adaptive/freesync monitor, I will be restricted with AMD cards only.

And future cannot tell us whether AMD has a future in the videocards sector and produce decent cards.

>And future cannot tell us whether AMD has a future in the videocards sector and produce decent cards.
>Literally the only company that benefits from newer APIs and have an arguably superior architecture for a lower price than Nvidia
>New processors coming out that rival Intel HEDT performance for a fraction of the price

Yeah, no future there, nope :^)

IW engine uses a modified Quake Engine. Carmak developed that engine. He also has ties to the new Doom.

They're both very optimized engine designed to maximize all GPU.

I might go for AMD.

I want that Samsung C24FG70 with 125% sRGB colour monitor.

Can you force freesync to work with 30fps onwards with any monitor?
Because this one only starts at 70hz(62hz via HDMI).

Those are all marketing stuff.

No hard facts until now.
AMD still lacks far behind Nvidia due to lack of efficient highend graphic cards.

>AMD still lacks far behind Nvidia due to lack of efficient highend graphic cards

They're just waiting to release Vega and kill off Nvidia at the proper moment

You just sound like somebody from the marketing branch.

Just advertising with no hard facts.
I hope it will come true, but I am somwhat sceptical, because the Fury series was a failure, the Polaris cards they have now are rather mediocre, the jump to 14nm didn't help much with the performance/efficiency ratio.

dumb fucks on Sup Forums dont know whats popular at the moment

>Titanfall 2
480 still beats gtx1060 6GB though
so you got that going for ya

>freesync meme
Freesync is flickering stuttering garbage with no quality control.
Gsync is the way it's meant to be played.

I still find it odd that the 480 has a lower 'lowest' fps than the 1060.

>The way you're meant to be played
FTFY

Any proof for your claim?

theres some truth in it, but of course its blown up by a simple loser retard roaming the webs

since freesync is a free standard any half retard manufacturer on shittiest hardware can go and claim its freesync monitor by just doing very basic shit

so read your reviews before buying freesync monitor

>almost same price as 1060
>le poor xD
kys

>no arguments
At least make a better shitpost

>even the 4GB 470 beats the 1060
topkek

Except the same thing happened in BO3, NVIDIA just performs like shit in COD games thanks to console arch and Activision not paying for optimization on PC.

But enjoy one of the four games you can win in AMDrone. :^)

>producing for EVERY console this generation
>no future
is this kid retarded, or retarded?

The faggortry in this thread is unreal. You guys are worse than /o/.

fag

Meh, I will wait until the end of this month for Black Friday and so on.

I could get a RX480 8GB from XFX for 240€, but I am unsure because of the monitor that I will also get.

Monitor will decide your future upgrade options too, if you want to use either sync-feature.

On the other hand I could get the Dell S2417DG for 430€.

It's a good under the circumstance that it has a TN panel.

Why are games fucking benchmarks now?!
"hurr dahurr id has ma fbs in badlfild 67, derefor id beda" is all I ever hear in these shit threads. Games are when drivers and porting matter a shitton, they are horrible comparisons.

>4CU more than the original Tahiti
>performing near the Fury Nano and Fury X in new release titles

Either Fiji got shafted in driver support or the IPC uplift in Polaris was higher than we've previously seen. Computerbase showed a 7%-10% per clock uplift, but I think it might be closer to 15% in the right scenario.

Because synthetic benchmarks are not indicative of real world performance, that`s why.

>real world performance
Do you know that you can use a gpu for more than gayming?

Ayyymd just released driver updates today, specifically addressing this game. Something about being able to use more cache on the memory or something. And it added frame pacing something or other, so your criticisms are moot at this point.

Someone's mad

Just keep buying the most expensive option with daddy's money. I'll be here to laugh as you cry

is there are reason for somebody only running 1080p to get anything stronger than a 470?

Nope

480 can be found for only $20 more in many cases

>290≈1060 6gb
>mfw a $400CAD card based on new architecture with 50% more VRAM is barely faster than a 4 year old card that you can buy used for $150

i dont know if freesync works over hdmi in that monitor but youll find that 30Hz freesync isnt very common. usually they start at 35Hz or so which is unfortunate
i use NX-VUE24A because i knew it had a 30Hz to 144Hz freesync range so youll have to look harder to see if you can find other models with the specs you want
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeSync#List_of_FreeSync_monitors

Is it really worth it? From what Ive seen the 470 runs everything just fine?

Why wouldn't you want a little extra performance buffer if you can afford it?

ebay.co.uk/itm/142130877540?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Bought one of these to go with my RX 470, I'm not expecting 144hz all the time but I can change the refresh rate a little.

I'm bored and experimenting with various bullshit.

I dont think I will need it to be honest, and I would like to save what I can

So when the OP said 480, they really meant 470?

>cheapest rx470 4gb $174
>cheapest rx480 8gb $235
>$60 difference for for twice the VRAM and overall better performance
>the cost of groceries for a week
I think you'll regret not getting the better card after 3-4 months

In total? 1 game now. Congrats, Another Massive Disappointment!

>$60 worth of grocery per week
The fuck? I live downtown, where everything is overpriced to shit, and I average $15/w, and I do a lot of cooking every day.

I think I already am, but in the uK price fluctuations of the MSI RX 480 8gb were mental.

fine, groceries plus eating out once. plus, that's comparing the cheapest 4gb 470 with the cheapest 8gb 480. the 4gb cards are much closer in price

honestly, it's one of those cases where both sides are fine
>why would I buy a 480 when a 470 is nearly as good for less money?
>why would I buy a 470 when a 480 is only a few dollars more but better performance?
the difference in fps is probably turning a setting from Ultra to High/Medium

I thought VRMs were generally perfectly fine up to 140 degrees.

>Have 280X
>480 and 1060 still aren't powerful enough to justify an upgrade
>1070 is way too expensive and overkill
>Still no 480X or 1060Ti to fit in that massive $150 gap.

>getting this excited over AMD's top class competing against nVidia's literal third tier leavings.

How beta can one get?

In terms of fps/dollar the 470 is the best value, the 480 is a bit below that but obviously more powerful, followed by the 1060. The 480 and 1060 trade blows depending on the game though in performance

Where do you eat out for $40 once? Even high end restaurant, alcohol included, should keep you around $30 per person.

The 8gb rx 470 cost me £190, the MSI RX 480 that week was £269, next week it was £244.

I bought 8gb due to some games squeaking past 4gb, I know it'll never get to the full 8.

I know with 144hz it'll only reach usage in e sports stuff or a few online fps's but that's alright.

Won't the same happen with the higher tier ones? I thought 1060 was mid?

G-guys h-how does my GTX 960M hold up?

:)

1060 is low-tier, 1070 is mid-tier, 1080 is high-tier. 1050/1050ti is entry-level.

>eating alone

>high end restaurant, alcohol included, should keep you around $30 per person.
I don't know US food prices well, but in Canada, $25 is about the norm for an average restaurant, and that's if you're only having a single drink

my point was that $50 isn't very much

an rx485 might come out, but it won't be for a few months if it does

>I know it'll never get to the full 8

Some current games like Shadow of Mordor already use upwards of 6gb when it's available, and it'll only increase with future games. 4gb 470/480 or 6gb 1060 should be fine for all current games but having 8gb will definitely be useful in the future

>good goy $60 is just a week's worth of groceries!
>ok fine goy, a week's worth and a meal
>goy, my point is that $50 isn't very much.
>it's only $40 goy why don't you buy it?

>Buying a GPU for gaymes

lul, I guess I should thank you virgins for subsidizing my hardware though.

>Next gen AMD get BTFO by last gen Nvidia.

LEL.

Let's trigger AMD Pajeets.

Then I think I'll stick with my own stingy definitions.

SoM was one of those asshole blips that got a lot of people scared of VRAM usage in 2014, but genuinely now things are pushing 4gb.

Not him but piss taking aside if I'd have known the MSI RX 480 would fluctuate a whole £25 cheaper I'd have got it, even if £50 more

Still sitting comfy with my 980TI classified. Glad to see AMD cards coming into their own with various game release. Driver optimization. DX12 starting to surface here and there. I'm just waiting on AMD to launch their latest and greatest. I had an r9 390X that was a SHIT SHOW because drivers were garbage on release. Games crashed, artifacts at idle etc.

If AMD can release a top tier (think a 1080 or Titan X competitor) that actually functions without a problem, they got me back.