Is anyone still using a VGA connection?

Is anyone still using a VGA connection?

What makes you do it?

Being a poor-fag who can't get a new monitor.

Because VGA is a Very Good Adapter

Me, because it's god's will.

Because it's still supported through adapters.

Projectors.

it still works

old monitor just works

my plasma still has a VGA and it works well on old PC's
its still better than RCA.

Because it's all that my monitor supports

as other have said I use because that's the only thing my monitor supports.My previous monitor broke and I'm using an old shitty one that's not even 1080p

Because my other computer is already using the DVI ports on my monitors.

>image of a wiener and a dongle

my primary monitors are DVI, but I have a spare one hooked up by VGA. I had the monitor and a port to plug it into, so why not use it?

VGA in comparison to display port is shit tier. However my office hasn't bought new monitors in years and years so I have to use VGA for just about every computer here.

quick question: is hdmi better than dvi? can you actually tell the difference?

CRT

favourite notebook is my old x61s, its still fine for the things I do at home and I have a dock for it that only supports vga

Laptop has VGA and HDMI
Monitor has VGA and Displayport

HDMI is exactly the same as DVI, but with sound.

ok

>so why not use it?

Fucking peasant! In all of my family estates, we use only the finest HDMI that money can buy, and we forbid the help from using such extremely outdated things as VGA. We'll let DVI slide, but if they are caught using VGA it's automatic termination. The butler checks their quarters daily, and we have own a security firm, and have them monitor all the cameras full time. You can never be too careful when dealing with the working class, because they are all inherently dishonest and lack morals. If word got out that our servants used old fashioned devices like VGA, I could be expelled from the yacht club that my great, great, great, great grandfather helped establish, once the liberals outlawed the Atlantic slave trade, and he had all those boats just sitting there all useless, and slowly rotting away.

Working in a new Company.
Being there for a week , i have my own desk but i bring my own laptop.
I found an old Monitor 19" 1280x1024 in the office laying around ...

Having an extra monitor is always better.

Yes, on my server display. It's all I need and at 10$ a piece, I'm not complaining.

heh

Ebin meme! XD

I use an HDMI->VGA converter for my raspberry pi, have a monitor that's still in good condition that's vga only so I see no reason not to use it for something.

I have a monitor with vga and hdmi. I plug my desktop into the hdmi and the (old) laptop into the vga. That way I can switch between them more easily. Not super useful but not bad.

my 3rd monitor uses vga, got the monitor for 15 bucks so im not going to spend money on a displayport cable wich it supports. it just werks. usually just have ip cameras or radio on it anyway so who cares.

Why would I use anything more for the 1024x768 display on my rack?

DVI master race

My CRT only has a VGA connector

Laptop has hdmi and vga. Hdmi goes to TV, vga goes to second monitor. Werks

it's for my second monitor

>75Hz
Enjoy that flickering in your peripheral vision. 1920x1200@85Hz master race.

>projecting this hard

I like subtle noise.

>His CRT flickers at more than 60hz
HAHA

Using VGA since the HDMI port on my monitor let out the magic smoke during a thunderstorm.

Waiting on a DisplayPort cable and a 4K monitor.

It's called one graphics card and three monitors

I use an old 1024x768 monitor as a secondary with my laptop sometimes. I'll have a game on my laptop display and cmus or some other shit on the secondary.

DVI actually does have sound but it's not implemented.

Yes.

VGA is the only common port between my computer and my monitor.

Can't argue with that

so you use dp?