Electric Bills

I'm actually curious on to what a typical Sup Forums electric bill looks like. Location? Do you always have your Computer on 24/7? How bad/good do you have it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photophobia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>implying Sup Forums doesn't have 3 computers on 24/7

collectively?

>implying I pay the electric bill

I usually have my computer on 24/7, don't use the heater or AC so I typically pay $60. I'm in northern california.

Roughly $850 a month here in Australia. Electricity is expensive here though and I also have a server and main desktop that run 24/7 along with six large freezers full of meat.

$82/month.

Serial killer detected.

>six large freezers full of meat

how many dead hookers do you think would fit in there?

112 with two PHEVs and an always-on 6-bay QNAP in the US.

(almost no heating/cooling this month, EV charging plan also took my bill down a ton)

$20/mo

I basically live in a tiny cell with a low-power laptop

>six large freezers full of meat

australian hookers are literally not attractive enough to be worth killing. i just don't see what thrill anyone would get out of it. that's just being honest with you.

if you want to kill hookers, australia is last on your list of places to visit.

holy shit, it must be nice being rich

sounds like you've already made a list of "people worth killing"

I'm with

like this guy I'm a loser living at home who isn't paying for electricity, but I imagine if I had to pay for electricity I would be an autistic bitch about it who would toggle off the power switch on surge protectors and actually shut off electricity to the entire house if I went on a vacation away from the house from a few days.

Filthy second worlder. Equivalent of $25 / month. Single room flat, single workstation + accessories, cooking, warm water.

Same here, huge loser living at home, but I went through the trouble of putting everything on surge protectors that are off when I'm not using them because I'm not a huge asshole that likes wasting other people's money for no reason.

You're misunderstanding. In most parts of the world, the disease ridden paint thinner sniffing vaguely female looking creature willing to take virtually anything up its bodily orifices in exchange for food, money or more paint thinner would be considered hooker past her prime. In Australia though it's so called aboriginal.

if you stockpile meat you probably isnt rich.if you're rich you shop meat when you need it. Its not like it's cheaper to buy in bulk or anything.....

$150/ Mo

Because my fucking fiance likes to have all the lights on all the time.

It's been a bit higher lately because summer heat and AC. It will probably go up in the winter because heating.

We both have low power laptops and live in a three bedroom apt.

150-180$
Live in the southern us. Air conditioner runs as much as i want it, life would be unbearable without it. 1400sqft house with 2 pcs running 24/7.

Get solar powered lights that charge up during the day and then just run all night off of their battery reserve.

300ish a month on average. My AC is on 24/7 sue to Florida south Florida is all swamp. I have a 2500k old one as a home server. Might get a xeon at some point. I run all or services and streaming needs through there.

Oh i should've mentioned that have large family so hot water heater is on all the time. Washer and dryer always on. We do about two loads of laundry per day or more.

I don't pay for anything. Also, I'm an intelligent beautiful woman.

Wew, I have one desktop and three laptops, a 24/7 server and one freezer full of meat and I average $150

£120 a month roughly.

i have a datacentre in the spare room so it gets pretty bad

luckily i share the electric with the people upstairs so they pay half

$23 a month. Me and the wife work a lot, so we dont use a bunch

>neet
>fridge, microwave, electric dryer/washer, coffepot, some lamps
>pc on all day

$30-40 if I don't use the air conditioner or additional electric convection heaters

About $40 a month. My roommate has a pc that's always on, and I have a low power laptop that's always on. Obviously the fridge, stovetop and lights included.

Included in the rent, which itself is only 246€ a month.
>Includes water and internet too

Here's what I pay : 0,1150 € / kWh

90€ / year

don't get mad Sup Forums

I didn't pay anything this month because of commie credits, but I would have paid ~$30.

CARE is the rate for poorfags in case you're wondering.

What country?

France

With electricity that cheap I can't imagine why the country of your hasn't wired the borders yet.

get LEDs

I have my computer and TV on almost 24/7 and live is a mid-size house.

about 40$ a month. Feels good man.

Don't worry user, I'm not going to steal your turf

100% cucked

$35 a month.
$10 of that is administrative fees.
I never turn off my computer.

Last month I paid just over $100 for 1000kw including the $20 service fee. My lab pulls 300w constant and I don't leave my desktop or anything else on when I'm not using it. Now that I don't have to run my a/c at night my next bill should be about half

~90 on average, my pc in on for at least 16 hours a day every day,

wi

$60-70/month in SE New Hampshire

I leave my desktop on nowadays.

>Last month I paid just over $100 for 1000kw
What energy company do you have to get plan where you pay for a draw cap instead of energy use?

0,0408€/kWh, but the taxes and transfer fees bring the total to around 0,1017€/kWh.

The electricity company also charges me a baseline 16€a month just because they can, the bastards.

>Do you always have your Computer on 24/7?
Yes also my TV is plasma and sucks power like no tomorrow and my frigde is like 1991 and its a monster on power as well, my wife and I really do need something better.

$90 a month
better than most folks around my area
I have 2 PC's so its not like i'm not expecting it not to be high or anything.

12$, turning on water heater once in two days, turning off everything except freezer during night.

Your French ?

Because if you are the rate doesn't match the electricity cost fixed by EDF.

What's your power subscription (in KVA) ?

40 EUR / month
at a rate of 0.20 EUR / kWh
in Germany

您確定嗎?

Electric bill is merged with gas and water as well though. I have the Optical Network Terminal, router and one i3 2120 desktop on 24/7.

I live in an apartment in Arizona with 2 people that can't in2powersaving. So we play like 150ish for now. It's finally starting to cool down, so it'll get better soon.

>Live in Idaho
>cheapest power on this half of the world
>only costs 95% of salmon population

The electric bill here (Argentina) is bimonthly (one bill every two months). The last two months I paid with all taxes included $16.87, so about 8 dollars a month. This comes to $0.0359 per kW/h.

high 200-close to 300, small apartment with 2 br, 3 computers on most of the time

that fucking stupid price comes from the air conditioning not working properly and the retarded maintenance here not wanting to do jack shit despite us badgering them for years

A little obsessed about power bill here

So I live in Kentucky, had a one bedroom place, I don't like lights in general and everything with the exception of water heater, fridge and stove was kept unplugged. I cook using the stove and oven everyday and have my x220 that I use everyday, don't watch the TV much.

Out of those totals on my picture, count around $13 as a meter fee, and remainder for usage. People I know always claim the power company "makes the numbers up", they quit bringing that up when I show them my power bill.

Reality is people love having shit on they don't need, specially women, those "candle warmers" shit, those christmas lights that look so good and got the idea from pintrest shit, plus leaving every god damn light in the house on along with heat on all the time, that shit costs money yo so don't be surprised when you get a $300 electric bill in November and a $550 in January.

People pay over 100 USD a month for electricity? I thought electricity was cheap

Well yeah. A family of four in a apartment in Europe with gas stove and gas water heater and no heat or ac, will pay less than $50 a month for electricity.

But a detached house that is wood frame built, poorly insulated/built, with electric water heater, electric stove and electric central heat and air conditioner, will obviously run a much higher electric bill. It's common sense.

Wait, houses don't have gas in America? Not the guy you just answered btw.

Yes houses have gas in America.

Wood frame doesn't have poor thermal proprieties.

The "poorly insulated/built" was sufficient.

Depends on where you live. Like I said, I live in Kentucky, and here gas is seen as a "poor people" choice, even though it is the cheapest way to heat your home. It is also seen as dangerous by a lot of people. I have seen on some TV shows here up north they use many other different types of heating systems like boilers which can run on multitude of fuels, some other places use some sort of heating oil to heat with.

Gas appliances are usually seen as "expensive" because of the regulatory overhead to have them, they usually require you to run pipes because houses are not ready for that, houses are built to be as cheap as possible with the highest profit margin as possible, so in general they will not have extra pipes that the home owner may never use. So you'd require a licensed plumber to come in do the pipe installation, then you'd need it inspected by the local authorities, you may even need plans drafted in some places to have all this done, and then you need the appliance itself. So the upfront cost of all that is going to be three maybe four times higher than just shoving a electric unit in and plugging it in.

What's that? A gas tank outside a house? I meant gas as in gas connection, like water or electricity.

Germany, 35€/month

computer on for 8 hours a day or so, maybe up to 16 hours on the weekends

one room apartment

That is true, I'm sorry user.
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Oh, I see. Thanks.

The cheapest way to heat your home is wood pellets boiler

Power companies have daily minimum rates so it doesn't really mater if you get super low in usage.

Yes that is a gas tank outside the house. You will only have gas connections be mainstream in cities. And as I mentioend here if the building/house doesn't have it already piped in, unless you own the building, you're not going to have it installed. Majority of the USA is rural so if you live in flyover land, you'd have to have a tank because more likely there is no service provider

That will depend on the power company. Mine didn't have daily minimum rate, it had a meter fee per month.

So you're not counting the cost of transporting and storing your fuel? If you're using wood pellets to begin with you probably live in a rural setting, plus the cost of premium increases on your insurance for running a wood pellet stove in your house. And not to mention it isn't a good choice if you are disabled/old/incapacitated in anyway to carry the fuel in. Everything has costs user, just because the fuel is cheap doesn't make it a cheaper solution.

Thermal conductivity of the Western Red Cedar : 0,11 W / m.K

Thermal conductivity Cellular concrete (density : 300 < ρ ≤ 400) : 0,13 W / m. k

I could use no power at all and my bill would still be higher than yours :(

I have a house in France, I've compared the cost and wood pellets is a cheaper solution.

I heat my house 3 month in a year, I buy 10 15kg bags and it last for the 3 month.

I have a (in a thermal point of view) passive house. So I don't need to heat it a lot. (passive means : heating needs

I don't know enough to understand those numbers.

But when building a wood frame house, your entire house isn't wooden, the frame of it is. A concrete block building is nicely thermally insulated with no added insulation, but so is a log house with no insulation.

I think his main point was that a pooly built wood frame house (read as not insulated) is shit thermally but not because it's wood frame.

I pay like ten bucks every month, but that's because the only things that are always on are the fridge and my laptop. I don't even turn on the lights.

Well if you don't insulate a wooden frame house then

1 : The house isn't finished
2 : There's no wall

So what the point of this comparison ?

> I don't even turn on the lights.
I don't either, they totally flood my senses. I'm curious as to why you don't use lights.

Last month was $38 with heat/AC off and 1 desktop on mostly in sleep mode. Chicago suburbs

flat rate of 30 dollars a month in a 70's era commie block, very inefficient, but most of our power generation is nuclear so it doesn't matter

I live alone in a small apartment, I don't need to see

Do you have photophobia by any chance?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photophobia

Yes it is, it's actually really cheap to buy a cow and get it butchered compared to buying it off the shelves. I'm sure that's what he's doing

He was obviously being sarcastic.

The wood frame houses I have lived in and seen being built are always done to be as cheap as possible. When I say poorly built(read as not insulated) what I am trying to convey is how shoddy houses in anytown, usa are built.

>Why use 2x6 for the exterior walls when you can use 2x4?
>Why use 3/4" plywood when you can use 1/4 plywood for exterior walls.
>Why wrap tyvek around the house when you can not wrap anything?
>Why seal cracks and crevices that let wind and air in/out when no one is going to see them?
>Why use exterior insulation when you can use interior insulation for the exterior walls?

Things like that and others add up to very poorly insulated houses where you can feel the wind coming through the cracks around the walls.

Okay, thanks for clarifying. Then I agree with you.

> discomfort or pain to the eyes due to light exposure

that describes me, not pain though, I been wondering if I'm autistic, and light sensitivity seems to be a symptom.

$400
Live in a large house that has 2 central ACs.
Catch shit because im the only roommate that uses a computer for any length of time.

Paid $77 last month, but thats because ive had the A/C on. I'll usually pay $45 or so. (pop. 4,000 town in kansas btw)
>optiplex SFF used as media server
>2 monitors, either on or in sleep mode
>1 gayming console and tv
>docked laptop (pretty much always plugged in)
>lights (though most are LED bulbs now)
>fridge
>general phone chargers and routers and such

I have gas heat/water heater/oven/dryer etc and its cheap as fuck.

$63

I use my computer everyday, nearly 10-12 hours a day. On top of that, room mate uses about 5-8 hours a day as well.

Also I use my tablet in bed. There's an additional guest computer as well.

what the fuck are you talking about?

i pay about $.08 per kwh and it is not tiered

For €30/m I run a dual-Xeon at 92% load 24/7, including gas bill for boiler. I also use candles for light.

>$25/m
>can't get water past warm
>calling another world "filthy"

So is this a fair example of "Californian legislation" in practice?

About $50AUD a month with 4 computers almost always on.

40€ a month here

triple monitor desktop gayman computa running 24/7, one room apartment

Why do you have 240V service?

>Californian legislation
Yes?

Electric clothes dryer in the garage.

>Americans use 110/120 V instead of the superior 220/240 V

My electric bill last month was $28, that's with my desktop and 2 monitors running about 40-50 hours a week.

Water heater and heater are natural gas, so my electricity isn't much. Plus I live in an area with lots of power generation.

Australia, it varies, but around only $50 so far this year, usually turn my PC off at night

solar panels are pretty nice

Utilities are free with my rent.
I take 30 minute hot showers, and leave my computer on all the time.

I have more electronics than everyone in my complex because I chose a cheap ghetto place that actually isn't that bad and have a decent paying job. People here are poor though.