Bose is just a meme right?

Bose is just a meme right?
>at best buy with gf and her dad
>notice a marshall woburn Bluetooth speaker
>really like how powerful it is and it sounds good to me
>gf and dad tell me that its nothong compared to bose
>directs me to bose soundcolor 30 that is not as powerful, has no eq, and costs more
>"there is nothing better than bose user you have to get it"
I didnt want to argue with them but there is no way similarly priced items as bose can be worse.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3KPYIaks1UY
youtube.com/watch?v=wR_WcIEpR-I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I heard the thing with bose is they put all sorts of fancy processing in everything to achieve their sound, personally I just want neutral sound and not some stupid multiband compression or whatever it is they do

But does it really make a difference? Or is it just a placebo effect for rich dumbasses that dont want to take the time to explore other possibilities?

Bose is absolute meme status and even Normie's know that. That being said I had a free Bose stereo that I used for a bit and it was pretty good, but I eventually sold it on Craigslist to an old lady and upgraded. My used car also has upgraded Bose speakers and they're alright for factory sound.

I would describe Bose as very similar to Apple. Slightly above average, drastically overpriced.

fucking boss shit just get a Marshall

Bose is Beats for the elderly.

Yeah Bose in cars is actually decent. My dads old Audi had Bose speakers and they were fantastic compared to mine or any other car I've been in, minus his new one lel

Those Marshall speakers are even more memetier.

No highs? No lows? It must be Bose

I was thinking about this
>Bose
>Marshall doing random speakers
are meme tier to say the least.
Just get any studio monitor, even the cheaper will have better sound than that crap.

One thing will be guaranteed, the perforated steel speaker cover will be as close to perfect as possible.

I know this because I used to work at Ferguson Perforating, in Providence RI.

Bose is fucking picky. They pay extra for it though, so it's all good.

As far as speaker *sound* quality, they are meme-tier. The only advantage to bose is the sound for the size of the unit. You usually need a larger diameter speaker to get better sound without having to do weird ducting and processing that bose does.

I don't think it's worth it.

>gf
jej

Music producer here. Bose does sound fairly nice for a small unit but I always tell people looking for a good stereo to just buy low-end studio monitors for typically around half the price of a bose system.

Bose charges you lots of money for ok stuff so they can fund projects like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=3KPYIaks1UY

youtube.com/watch?v=wR_WcIEpR-I

i prefer jbl

Bose used to be great but they went to complete shit sometime in the 90's

Yeah I agree. My Subaru has Bose in it and it's pleasurable AF.

Bose is meme tier. Just fancy cabinet designs with cardboard drivers.

>that jump
what the fuck man

Where was this when I was trucking? Can confirm standard seats are comfortable as seats but don't do much for bumps.

This

Bose is the epitome of style over substance.

No highs, no lows - must be Bose

Truckers are generally huge luddites.

Only one product worth buying:

Noise cancelling headphones

Bose copied Bang&Olufsens marketing model, without the quality

trucker here. Can confirm

I have the speaker in OPs pic, and it sounds pretty good
disclaimer: I'm not an audiophile and actually my hearing is pretty fucked

No midrange. Look at the size of the speakers, and you have to realize their were some major compromises to have such a compact size. Some of the car audio stuff might be ok, along with traditional sized speakers, but I really don't have enough knowledge to comment on those.

bose can be decent
when it comes down to it, their quality is too fucking variable for them to have the reputation they do, though

parents got me a pair of wireless headphones from them for my birthday a while back
we had to take them back because they sounded appalling and even my parents agreed

had a big Bose Lifestyle stereo system and it sounded fairly nice, probably a bit overpriced but whatever, it was good
my parents have had two Bose FM radios, and they're definitely way overpriced, but still pretty okay sounding (the older one sounded better)
and then my mom's car has a Bose stereo system in it (ridiculous bass -- it'd be quite nice if it wasn't for that, the in car EQ doesn't do shit about it)

HI, IT'S LOU SERRANO FROM LOU SERRANO'S ONE-OF-A-KIND AUDIO

I have yet to find noise cancelling headphones that work as well as the QC models. The sound isn't great, but the noise cancelling is phenomenal.

The stereo in my car is also a Bose system that adjusts the volume with the speed I'm driving, which is great because I have a convertible, so the wind noise would make a certain volume inaudible at high speeds.