/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News
Xiaomi unveils Redmi 4A, Redmi 4 Standard, and Redmi 4 Prime
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_unveils_redmi_4a_redmi_4_standard_and_redmi_4_prime-news-21458.php

Huawei unveils the Mate 9 with dual Leica camera, Kirin 960 chipset, EMUI 5.0
gsmarena.com/huawei_unveils_the_mate_9_with_dual_leica_camera_kirin_960_chipset-news-21436.php

LeEco Le X850 with Snapdragon 821 SoC, QHD display, and 16MP front camera clears TENAA
gsmarena.com/leeco_le_x850_with_qhd_display_16mp_front_camera_and_3900mah_battery_clears_tenaa-news-21408.php

OnePlus 3T to become official on November 14th?
phonearena.com/news/OnePlus-3T-to-become-official-on-November-14th_id87393

Next LeEco U.S. flash sale will be held on November 9th
phonearena.com/news/Next-LeEco-U.S.-flash-sale-will-be-held-on-November-9th_id87372

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

sim-unlock.net/simlock/LG/K7/
support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30625
youtube.com/watch?v=VzkGm3VmlTg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>fell for the pixel meme

first for heres to hoping that the redmi 4 prime will get decent dev support.

Wileyfox has released a swift 2 and the swift 2 plus btw.

What are the battery sins to avoid?

Cracked my Galaxy Note 4's screen but the digitizer and LCD seem to be fine. Are those $20 screen repair kits worth a shit or are they just chink garbage?

anyone?

Who here has an S7/S7 Edge?

Do you like it? Are you using the American version or the international version?

What kind of case do you have?

Just ordered redmeme note 3 professional did I
chinkstered?

Did you even try to google it?

sim-unlock.net/simlock/LG/K7/

support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30625

youtube.com/watch?v=VzkGm3VmlTg

Burger king hands here.

Sony Z5C or X compact?

Finally have money to replace my failing old phone and the OP3 is just not in stock (Ireland).
Might as well wait for the alleged unveiling on the 14th.

What should I upgrade to once I'm done paying off my S5? In the U.S. using AT&T, would want something about the same size but with a 32GB capacity. 16GB just doesn't cut it for me.

What phone cases do you folk use for iphone?

Yes and I got those same results. The Tmobile one doesn't work and gives me an error, as I said. The next solution is to pay for a code, which the other site and video are offering. Just don't want to get scammed for $10 bucks from a site I've never heard of. Figured I should ask here before taking the risk. Guess I'll just go for it.

> because Tmobile sent her an extra one for some reason.
Sure thing Tyrone. it's $10 for a phone you stole, be grateful.

lol I knew that was coming. you guys always same the same shit.

USA, T-Mobile
Have an HTC One M9 that I failed to use the free replacement for to get one with a decent battery after the first year

What's a phone that's similarly spec'd but without a retarded 500+ price tag

hows the LG Tribute HD fare among other cheap lower end phones?

>Qualcomm Snapdragon 212
>1.5 GB RAM
>2100 mAh
Disgusting. get a job pleb.

Go for a blu one I think.

Any way to get data off of an s6 just by recovery mode or download mode? I ended up with a frp lock, and now I can't really do anything to get back into it. Any help, please.

will the HTC 10 be cheaper on black friday or should I just pull the trigger now before the sale ends?

There are 3 options here.

They put it on sale for a dramatic amount.
They put it on sale for the (current) amount.
There is no sale.

Take your chances.

i think recov mode should be able to access data, could look on xda's s6 forums for anything if that route doesnt work

Well, the recovery mode I have only has one option related to accessing files and it's a /mount system option, which shows nothing in windows because I figure that either my drivers are fucked or I don't understand what it means by mounting /system
I figured I would flash twrp to it using Odin. I read a few guides, downloaded Odin and the twrp for my model. I open Odin and none of the com's have anything in them. My phone isn't recognized, so I can't flash anything to it in Download mode. I'm starting to figure it's my drivers but I've installed the ones the guide tells me to and still nothing.

Would it be a downgrade to go from the snapdragon 810 to the snapdragon 625?

Should I get a pixel or s7 (normal or edge) for $550 or go with the moto z play verizon for ~$200?

a blu one? you mean the LG Tribute 2 with the blue back? or some other phone entirely? I should mention the phone is on sale for 40 bucks and Im trying to get the best phone I can for that price.

why can't memes be good? I love my pixel it works perfectly
>iphone with android
>just werks
>silky smooth

Running gaps.

Find a flaw

>protip, u can't

>deprecated OS
only problem really, if only they just updated the internals and stuck android on it it would be perfect

Nigger get a fucking job. Even poo in loo can afford a better midrange than that shit you tryna buy.

Redmi note 4 or redmi note 3?

m8

Real answer. Redmi note 3 snapdragon.

Yes. 810 is comparable to 650, and the 650 is a big step over the 625.

This is true. But 625 is great on battery life while not sacrificing day to day usage and performance.

iOS more like, fuck android tbhfam

Avoid anything from cheetah mobile. No ram cleaning app, no shady chink root like kingoroot. If you're rooted check your usage with wakelock detector. That's about it I guess.

but why?

I'm not rooting my phone
I heard that if the phone gets low on battery that can hurt its life?

so my current phone got fucking obliterated while I was working on my truck. its a straight talk phone, and I was wondering if I could use the MiniSIM that's in it instead of having to buy a whole new plan with a different number and whatnot. googles not giving me any straight answers.

Guy with the FRP lock on his s6
I did a full factory reset and still get the error. What the fuck do I do.

BS.

buy unlocked phone.

kys.

Sure as long as your new phone uses miniSim
I had a mini sim in my old phone, but my new phone was nano but the sim couldn't get broken down into a nano so I had to go buy a new pack (tmobile, they would charge 20$ I got it from best buy for 5$), broke the first one trying to do it myself, took the second one I bought to tmobile and had them break it down and then transfer my account data to new sim.

Which chink phone has the best camera right now that's Sup Forumsapproved?

>Blackberry

DO NOT ROUTINELY QUIT YOUR APPS
FFS THERES A REASON WE HAVE 3GB+ PHONES NOW, KEEP THE APPS OPEN & LET ANDROID DO ITS JOB

Note 3 pro brah

Constantly closing the apps and reopening them costs more battery than letting android let it manage it in the background?

MI 5 or mi5s

Huawei P9 or Honor 8.
Xioami is useless in the U.S.

Yes. Unless your autism flaring when you see your ram went below 1gb then there's no helping you.

basically
and this isn't a myth both apple and android are in agreement on this 2bh

all you have to be aware of is what your apps are using and to disable that if it's not needed (ie like you never use location in facebook so disabling that goes a long way).

android still has problems with wakelocks tho

Why the fuck is is the pixel xl still out of stock and why does it have ridiculous shipping dates? Get fucked google.

Nexus 6p is a good phone to buy now?

if it's 399
maybe
if not, no

why is Xioami useless in the U.S.

band support mainly but if you find one that supports your band go for it m8ty

Moto Z play or Nexus 6p?

Almost none of their phones have U.S banding, because they dont have anything released for the U.S yet. They exclusively have chinese bands.

6p unless you seriously value battery life over software support and a nice camera

What's a good ROM for a G3?
I'm tired of random shit killing the battery and the shit responsiveness

>They exclusively have chinese bands.
Incorrect, they always have bands 1,3,5 and 7 which will give you LTE coverage in almost every major city in the world. For my country it's only missing one band (28) that is not very widely used (at least in the part where I live).

Blame your retarded signals agencies for having to be special snowflakes.

Oh. Well they are missing out 2/4/12 which are tmobiles necessary bands which is one of the biggest players in the unkeked phone market.

I actually have a good job that pays well, but I have so many expenses and things I have to save for that I cant justify paying hundreds of dollars on a fucking phone at this point in time.

How do I install system updates for a rooted Moto G2
pls halp I am 2 dum

If battery life is your god, then the Moto A Play is the phone for you.

If you want a dumbphone so much then buy one. If not for media consumption then get the one with the biggest battery. Redmi 3s,moto z play, redmi note 3,Lenovo phab, zenfone 3 Max. List goes on and on. Don't gimp yourself just to save a few bucks. That isn't a wise investment and you know that.

best chinkphone for tmobile with good rom support?

htc 10 or op3?

Same question but with the 6P and OP3. Prices here are fucked and I don't think I've seen other "flagships" dip as low as the 6P/OP3.

i was considering the 6p too but i dont like on screen buttons so its a no for me.

Switched back to my note 4 running cyogenmod cause my note 7 has to go back.

Was just about to install google play and wonder if I can get by without it? I want to be able to install nova launcher and customize the fuck out of this thing for a new experience.

Can I go about this without the play store? Can I use the play store without giving google more of a chance to spy on my phone?

Also what do I need to get to make my note 4 wireless charge off the stand I got for my note 7?

OP3.

CM.

Why is Nougat taking so long for the S7 Edge? My S4 was perfectly fine with the Nougat hacked together by chinks, neckbeards, and pajeets.
Why even bother buying flagships

Neither, OP3.

Leather case

>buying a touchjizz phone
kek

Bought a refurbished S7 edge for $500. Its in seemingly perfect condition but the edge and to a leser extent the overall screen seems just slightly not sensitive enough. I dont know if that's the screen protector or a shitty non OEM digitizer, or if all S7 Edge are like that.

My Mom wants me to buy her a new smartphone. The only requirements are that it runs whatsapp and Facebook and that it has decent life.

Budget is 200€, I live in Portugal and the network is Vodafone

My Redmeme has an SD650 and I always get 10 hours SoT. This is enough.

If RN3P works there, get one and also install CM.

Cant it be replaced with google now launcher?

Dont do this unless you hate your mother

How does it do that? Even with 625 thats impressive. Is it because it's so thick they could put in a non shit battery?

So Greenify should be avoided now?

Redmi 3s,small enough and fast enough for daily usage.

I dont know what greenify does.

Guess Im really out of date

Or maybe I am, who knows these days.

Any advice for a mid-to-high-range phone with fast autofocus and good camera in low light? Ideally Android, not chink shit.

Hey /spg/ is there a way make my lock screen clock line up perfectly with a clock on my homescreen?

chink shit is android
the galaxies or op3

Moto G4. keep it simple. she doesn't need RN3P lmao.

if you've bought a phone from geekbuying, how long was the processing time for you? I ordered the rn3p on the 25th and its still processing even though the PayPal payment cleared on the 25th

Busted my nexus 6 this morning and it isn't charging properly anymore. I loved this thing so I haven't kept up with smartphones recently, am clueless. What are some good comparable options as a replacement? I'm perfectly fine going down in size too. Front facing speakers are a big plus for me.

I'm just really bummed out cuz I really liked my phone.

6P probably