Whichever one of you recommended Slackware to me, you're an asshole

Whichever one of you recommended Slackware to me, you're an asshole

Stick to windows 10, Pajeet,

>Slackware
That's a stupid and useless distro. Get Xubuntu

The only reason I'm even installing it is because a guy told me you don't need an internet connection to get it the required packages.

I'd rather get raped by a bus transformer than looking at this atrocious GNU abortion

The problem is that you're trying to install slackware?

Works perfect for me and it's really comfy. I'm typing this on slackware right now.

dude, go to xubuntu or antergos, yuo can get a computer running with everything working in like 10 minutes.

Yes. It simply will not load the initial ramdisk, nor will it boot from GRUB. I've tried disabling UEFI, I've tried commanding it to turn off acpi, none of the shit fucking works. And I'm honestly about to ragequit and just give the Archlinux installation another go.

Well this is very unusual. Slackware uses the vanilla linux kernel and pure vanilla software and it works perfectly for me. Absolutely none of that happens for me. Did you verify the ISO before burning it?

Verify the installation disc(s) after you burn them, and burn at a low speed. If it's not disc corruption, then you probably didn't prepare your partition table correctly during format. Have you ever manually partitioned a drive before?

Takes me less than 10 minutes to install Slackware. OP is doing something wrong.

Meant to

Are you really all too stupid to recognize a bad cdrom?

You're damn skippy I ran a checksum on it. CRC is just fine.

>Verify the installation disc(s) after you burn them

Did that

>burn at a low speed

Burned it at the highest possible speed, I'll try this.

>failure reading sector 0x13f120 from
>cd0

CD 0

Compact Disc, ZERO.

Failure reading the disk you are using. Blame slackware, the oldest distro currently maintained with like 23 years experience.

tard pls go back to the pajeet.in

Just out of curiosity, did you use the installation CDs or the DVD image? I would probably go with the DVD image.

I'm also curious if you may be installing from an external device rather than an internal optical drive. I've worked on smaller form laptops in the past that didn't include optical drives, and I always had issues trying to install GNU/Linux from external devices instead.

Before you burned it, did you check the hashes and GPG? You probably have a bad ISO.

I've used this disc and the reader for many other things, in fact I'm using it to listen to Yes right now.

ISO image, then burned it to CD. Also I'm using an internal SATA disc drive. A high quality one too.

>he fell for memes from Sup Forums

OP has no idea what he's doing. This is not slackwares fault.

I suppose it's possible the image you downloaded was corrupt, but probably unlikely since the developer would have been made aware of the issue already. I haven't had any issues with the releases on slackware.com

Alternatively, you could play around with any distributions based on Slackware, like Salix OS or Zenwalk. They're generally designed for a bit more ease of use.

Slackware is total shit op. Go with Mint or Ubuntu and enjoy a distro that just works. This is coming from someone who first installed Slackware in 1995.

keep away from muh sekret club distro you fucking moron

Elaborate on why you feel this way and what you dont like about Slackware

>Elaborate on why you feel this way

Don't feed the trolls.

That says it cant read the cd. Either your reader is bad or your burner is bad.