There are people who don't use KDE

>there are people who don't use KDE
Do you hate features?

No, I hate bugs and ugly UI decisions like using a fucking gaming mouse for the mouse settings.

>not using comfy MATE

>uses a GTK-based DE
>says KDE has ugly UI decisions
GTK needs to die

I'm not in the market for a cheap shitty clone of Windows 10.

KDE 5 came out before Windows 10

While we are at it, any KDE fags have a suggestion for a good tiling window manager script? They all seem broken.

I use MATE on my laptop, KDE on my desktop. Pretty comfy desu. MATE is the best GTK DE by far

to be fair, GTK needs to die but I don't think KDE5 is the DE to do it. LXQT could though, it's looking fucking great.

Gnome 3 has a far more consistent UI design than KDE. I want to like KDE, but it's buggy as shit and has so much shit that makes it clear it's done by amateurs.

But I am OP!
KDE Neon is maximum comfy

KDE tiling works fine out of the box, if you want full control over the window tiling then you wouldn't use a DE anyway
I would rather have a UI that's actually made for computers than a UI that's made for mobile devices. I personally think KDE looks better anyway, but I can understand why people prefer the GNOME look. But even when you're considering this, I still think KDE is far superior in terms of usability.

So I see you're running Gnome...

>While we are at it, any KDE fags have a suggestion for a good tiling window manager script?
Write your own, takes like 100 lines.

Kek (no)

>I still think KDE is far superior in terms of usability.
Only if you heavily use the mouse.

>So I see you're running Gnome...
said noone ever

I can't program all that well though, is it that easy?

Most DE's are really mouse friendly in general. If you're interested in keyboard navigation, that's when you use a window manager like i3 or awesome.

how's Wayland support on KDE? Last time I checked it was garbage.

KDE makes my computer die
>inb4 get better hardware
GUI isn't the thing computer must spend their resources for.

KDE is literally the only DE that doesn't look like shit and is actually usable out of the box

It's getting there.

>Only if you heavily use the mouse.
GNOME actually isn't the only DE that has keyboard shortcuts.

Gnome and KDE are both great looking and have effectively everything you need in a nicer package out of the box.

should i get kubuntu?

>bloat is now features

>KDE doesn't look like shit
Oh no, you're right. Tacky gamershit for icons is the height of aesthetic pleasure.

Try KDE Neon
Enjoy >no thumbnails and your shitty settings menu

if you want a pleasant experience without doing much, yes

>actually modern and clean UI that's efficient and can compete with other operating systems
>"it's gamer shit because of one mouse icon"

My old as shit laptop runs KDE5 just fine and it has a crappy A64400M. If you can't run KDE5 you need better hardware urgently.

No, but I do hate lag

>Not using i3

No. If you must use an Ubuntu derivative, get KDE Neon. If not, OpenSUSE goes way out of its way to integrate KDE nicely into their distro.

I hate bloated and unstable shit.

Your reading comprehension is poor, but I guess that fits since only retards can think KDE is actually good as it stands.

features that i dont need are bloat.

>itt: a bunch of autists discussing opinions without doing anything valuable with their time

Hello newfriend, welcome to Sup Forums

Why would I if it perfectly fulfills my needs?

Solus + Budgie

It couldn't even hide the panel last time I checked.

said the person posting on Sup Forums

>Do you hate features?
No, but I like features that work.

>features
>kde
call me when it has proper high dpi scaling^

stop chilling kevin

I'm just chill man

>Not using openbox with tint2 with dmenu for programs
It's like you hate yourself.

Plus, one can change kde to look nothing like stock if they wanted.

>using menus for configs
Not using the superior config files.

This is why Linux will never make it in the consumer market.

>all this fucking minimalistic flatness bullshit everywhere
>KDE still has fully KDE5 updated Oxygen icons and theme available

thank you Jesus

>B-But I like to edit config files just to disable mouse acceleration! It's not like my DE is shit and doesn't have many useful features, it's *better* that way!

>Making things easier is BLOAT