It’s done for Microsoft. The brilliance has diminished from a once thriving company...

It’s done for Microsoft. The brilliance has diminished from a once thriving company. They’re currently living on life support, cashing in on patents they procured decades ago to keep the doors open, or moving to any 3rd world slave labor market they can find.

Windows 10 is a disgusting mutant of once excellent programming, and now has devolved into a poorly patched pile of crapware.

"Windows 10 only managed to make a 0.06-percent increase over the course of a calendar month. In that same span of time, the years-old Windows 7 jumped from a 48.27 percent share to a 48.38 share"

digitaltrends.com/computing/windows-10-market-share-slows/

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You best be joking. Windows 7 is now being adopted by government office buildings and hospitals. Bulk buying by businesses and the government are a majority of their sales, consumers have actually adopted Windows 10 really well, due to their aggressive force upgrading.

Pleasde delete this, or i wont get rupees

I'd imagine the win 7 shit is coming from hospitals and businesses. Just last year at the hospital I saw a tower running Vista. My latest stop just two weeks ago I saw them running Windows 7.

Windows 10 has a single feature that would make my experience better, individual monitor DPI scaling. And I'm incredibly conflicted right now. I don't want Windows 10

I can understand private computers running Windows because gaems but I seriously don't understand why anyone would want to put that shit on their work machine.

This
They are all finally making the switch from XP

Widespread support and familiarity. A lot of businesses use programs that only work on Windows 7.

that makes it so much better

>people that actually use their computers: windows 7, debian and RH based linux, OS X (yes)
>facebook browsing faggots that could be banned from the internet with little consequence for their personal lives, doing shit over the phone was never that hard: windows 10

Because windows 7 is the minimal for almost all commonly used programs. Once firefox drops XP and Vista, there won't be any modern browsers left that support XP or Vista.

Too bad one of the autist DE developers along with the kernel maintainers won't capitalize on this.

>microsoft is dying
>while launching several new surface products

if they where close to death they wouldnt be launching a $3000 plus computer aimed at artists

Not MS is dieing, only Win10
Not that it matters, people will be forced to win10 when their hardware becomes incompatible with 7

>brilliance
7 is just Vista with a bigger task bar.

They're trying an Apple approach to business, as a last ditch effort to bolster sales.

It will fail. Just like their original line of tablets, Zune, Xbox, Windows phone, etc...

>he believes this
>meanwhile apple themselves is making some absolutely idiotic decisions

>one microsoft product is getting more new users than another microsoft product
>microsoft is dead

are applefags really this stupid ? is it because they're trained to think everything last year should be replaced by everything this year ?

>7 is just Vista with a bigger task bar
except it is functional, unlike vista

it's exactly the same as functional.
By that I mean, they`re both shit. Or if you are using 7, Vista is good i guess.

Why don't they just remove the botnet and let people install updates when they want?

Windows 10 is superior than Windows 7 in every way, shape & form, only autists that get triggered by tiles will say otherwise.

Vista SP2 is pretty much Windows 7

THE BIG SWITCH FROM ONE DEPRECIATED OS TO ANOTHER OS WITHOUT MAINSTREAM SUPPORT ALREADY IS FINALLY HAPPENING GUISE!

>Want a Surface Pro
>Don't want to spend 1500 dollars

Fug

M$ Finished and bankrupt
>except for that whole giant patent troll thing.

weak bait mate

im still on xp
should i upgrade?

>tfw I have to use 7 becuase it can HW accelerate videos and firefox

Idiot
Government organizations always switched the latest
If even GOVERNMENT switches, it's a sign it's really deprecated.

No, unless you absolutely need software that needs a newer OS.

if they switch they should switch to something newer. 8.1 will be supported 3 years longer than 7. This is almost double the time. Since switching often is costly you can guess they would save cash that way.
>inb4 win 8.1 interface is meme
A decent IT guy can set it up to work familiar to 7, and usually PCs are set up and supported by proper people. I doubt there would be any more problems with a xp - 8/1 switch than with xp-7 software/hardware compatibility wise.

>Government
>Switching to the latest

Cute.

This is not shilling. This is a disgruntled ex-shill trying like hell to overcome habit. What happened Gupar, did you get fired for sucking even more than normal for your kind? Yea, that was probably it.

Hourly reminder

So much this

not to defend him, but he said "the latest", and i think that in a retarded way he meant to say that the government is always the last organization to switch, which is kind of right

you don't use anything important or worth caring about so might as well go to arch.

It's because most people (generally younger people) are tired of having ads and Metro-themed shit shoved down their throats. Windows 7 is just as good as Windows 10, except without all the ad bullshit.

1 billion isn't all that impressive anymore. Not when you consider just how many fucking devices are out there. I mean more people in the world have access to a smart phone than running water. A billion isn't shit, and MS can't even manage that.

the relative trajectory of 10's market share growth compared to vista, 7, & 8 is not that unique just yet, but I think it's too early to tell

Literally all they had to do was call it "Windows 9" to have a decent OS. But they had to temp the MS curse by making it an even number.

sage

yeah but a lot of programs only look for the '9' string in the os and it'd fuck things up

>Windows 10 only managed to make a 0.06-percent increase over the course of a calendar month. In that same span of time, the years-old Windows 7 jumped from a 48.27 percent share to a 48.38 share

All it takes is more people that run Windows 10 leaving the house and/or not browsing as much to push the netmarkshet number down enough that it would seem like 7 gained users when it in fact cold have lost them and 10 had gained.

>lincucks
>attempting basic math
not even once.

>sage
>posts image of Chinese cartoon

>Microsoft is dying because a certain amount of users switched from their new operating system to their older operating system

Alrighty then.

>cashing in on patents they procured decades ago and moving to any 3rd world slave labor market they can find.

You just described every major tech company currently in existence.

me too
wat do

what is their desktop now. is it still "metro"

was in tesco (UKs biggest supermarket chain), yesterday .. saw they're running XP

why change? what 7 provide over and above XP?

they have a mouse, windows, they get to run their crappy programs

there is no reason -- microsoft provided nothing but GUI/filing system/basic networking - all most businesses need, frontline

Anyone got a link for free windblows 10?

>0.06-percent increase
>jumped from a 48.27 percent share to a 48.38 share
What editor thought that this was acceptable? Why would you use two fucking different scales to compare these? Journalism is dead.

For people that are not plebs with computers Win10 just keeps growing

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

>people that actually use their computers: windows 7, debian and RH based linux, OS X (yes)
I know plenty of people who actually use their computers and use Arch and Ubuntu.

I use Debian, myself, but Arch has its advantages if you don't want your packages to be 2 years out of date, and Ubuntu has its advantages if you have absolutely no idea what you're doing or love proprietary software, yet use Linux for some reason.

>Steam
Nothing new there, they think they need the newest everything to play their CSGO at 144fps.

>tfw being the 0.12% W8.0

8.1 is comfy. several improvements over 7, no win 10 bullshit.

My only problem with 8.1 is that it's allergic to MIDI input. Otherwise, it's pretty solid.

how am i supposed to read these rock bed graphs

>doing steam surveys
>steam in general
>not plebs with computers

steam literally does not let you see an ass ton of links because people were so stupid they got their shit stolen

God, isn't that the truth? The last match of CS:GO I played (I'm a filthy casual who only plays comp when he's bored) everyone got into a conversation about what they had to run the game.

Basically, the people who were bitching about how their computers weren't good enough to run CS:GO properly were people with GTX 980s, an RX 480, and one guy asking advice on if the GTX 1070 would be good for CS:GO

I don't remember what I run CS:GO at, but it's way over 60fps and I can run new games like Overwatch or GTA V at high settings with no problem. I understand that if they've got 144 monitors they may need a little more power, but it's COUNTER-STRIKE.

It's not exactly the most graphically intense game in the world.

>was in tesco (UKs biggest supermarket chain), yesterday .. saw they're running XP
That's what a lot of these cucks don't understand. Unless you are connected to the Internet security isn't that big of a deal. P.OS. systems don't need firefox and /g.

Spotted the silvers

So?

[Citation Needed]

I literally don't gedit. They usually fallback to the "not enjoyable under 140 fps" card when i show they you can be a capable player with 30 too. Pathetic.

Majority of the population is retarded = Majority of the population buys, updates and gets reeled into the stupidest shit = Steam surveys might as well renamed "I bought a pre-built computer from some company with geek in it and then pressed agree on everything"

>internal rumors
Anyways, they could have named the builds something that's not a 9. This is pajeet programming at it's finest.

I used to run this at 90fps on a Q6600 and HD7750 until I upgraded a few months ago.
It really doesn't take much

>was in tesco (UKs biggest supermarket chain), yesterday .. saw they're running XP
In the Canadian Tire near me, they have a computer with a gray label 122 key IBM Model M keyboard. Those Haven't been made since '93.

Why didn't they just call it 'Windows Avacado' or some shit like that?

The obvious real reason is that the MS devs realized that only the odd numbered windows versions were good and they were making a shit version, so it had to be even numbered.

>not plebs with computers
>gamers
Trust me. These people know about tuning. Not what's GOOD for it.

About time you relaized that winblow$ is shit.
Install Gentoo.

>tfw part of the 8.70% on 8.1