Give me one good reason why you're not using mpd + mpc + ncmpcpp as your music player right now

Give me one good reason why you're not using mpd + mpc + ncmpcpp as your music player right now.

'cause I just need one program instead of three.

because I'm already using a superior player

because winamp is better

This

>fripside
Absolutely disgusting.

fucking say that shit to my face i will fucking bash you head in loser you better show some respect

foobar2000 > *

> 2016
Not using Mopidy

>enjoying music sung by a midget granny that looks like a teenage boy and overcompensates by wearing frilly dresses and 3 inch long nails in concerts despite her age and the fact she's dying

that's it, that was the last straw PM me your address, im coming over with guns

I'm fine with cmus.

because of cmus

Because Foobar2K it's 100 times better

Because I play my files locally and don't need a music server.
Because neither ncmpcpp/mpc offer the functionality that fully featured music players have.
Because I grew up and no longer care about using a shitty music frontend just so I can rice it.

>wasting CPU cycles on a useless visualizer
>pretending that his desktop is "minimal" and "efficient"

What a bunch of retards.

because I am not an autistic linux faggot

>he uses an entire audio streaming server and two font-ends to play local music on a single user machine

only an Arch user is this retarded,

Fucking disgusting.
Use vox.

t. Applel user

why

I don't need a music server when I'm the only one listening to music on my PC. I don't want to maintain three sets of config files to play music. I don't care about impressing Sup Forums.

iTunes is a bloated piece of shit that only gets worse with every update.
It doesn't support sorting your music by folder or anything you would need if you buy all your shit via the store or apple music.

If you just want to sort and play your music, iTunes is a terrible choice. Only if you choose to be inside the "apple ecosystem" botnet, iTunes is worth your time. But if that's the case, you probably shouldn't be on Sup Forums anyway.

>sorting your music by folder
why would you sort by anything but album

Because I run a server where I share my music by giving download links to folders.
That way its already sorted anyway and I don't have go through metadata to sort my shit.

Also, that way shit like pic related doesn't happen when sorting by album.

so itunes sucks because you're too lazy to properly tag your music? ok

No, it's because it doesn't give me the option to sort the music the way I want to.
Also, last time I checked iTunes didn't have FLAC support, no idea if it does now.

That being said, I like your taste in music.

i just convert to alac, it's still lossless and works on everything

and ty

As an Arch user myself you have my upvote

Okay, what about mocp?

Because I'm too lazy to set up a media server for my home network

i really don't need a music server

only time i'd need it is if i was building some kind of dedicated music system

I prefer a GUI via cantata. A terminal interface doesn't offer a single thing to me

>mpd + mpc + ncmpcpp
>freetards in charge of naming stuff

Efficiency isn't really neccesary for normal computer use with the kinds of powerful systems we have nowadays.

Yes it is, more utilization use more power and thus costs money and is bad for the environment, regardless of how powerful your computer is.

The kinds of differences of power we're talking about are negligible when compared to the power requirements of even having the machine turned on.

But OP, I am using mpd + ncmpcpp as my music player. Plus I have MPDroid on my phone to control the music when I'm not at my computer.

Because I stream all my music

is this the new desktop thread

yes

I really need to sleep lol

It is actually a useful music player service, too. I like how well it integrates itself into a linux system, since you can run it as a service.

I use mpd+ncmpcpp but dunno about mpc

also what;s the lyric plugin? don't care really but I guess wouldn't mind to toss in

what audio player or just a riced out ncmpcpp? looks nice. I mean I prefer a playlist instead of just an album but what's the setup?

this, i can't go back to keeping a window open just for music. same with torrents

One program that's ten times bigger than three programs.

Because audacious comes stock an does the job just fine.

But I'am.

>I'am
Apparently I also am a genius in written english.

C'mon mate, lets just keep the kernel out of this ok?

MOC masterrace mothafuckaaaaaaa

But he is Japanese.
Cant you tell by the desktop?

I legitimately replied to myself in the post you quoted. But I guess you still got to bully the weeb, so whatever, right?

I have it running on local host and ncmpcpp on tty4. It's nice

You bet little one.

Deadbeef

cmus / mocp

I prefer clementine.

Anyone else using audacious?

>he can't afford a streaming service

>using the command line
>in 2016

Oh no, this music software uses too much hard drive space!
Said no one ever

Running a separate daemon for music is pretty retarded unless you're scripting it or remote controlling it from another computer.

>listening to music on your komputa
>all 2016

mocp

>tfw I actually pay for one but still decide not to use it
Feels good to have money and choice :^)

Oh no, this music software is capable of streaming music across the network even though I personally don't need or use that functionality!
Said no one ever.

Your point being?

With Mopidy you can listen to spotify with your mpd client if you wanted you know.

Having a music player you got to keep open all the time is pretty stupid too, so?

iTunes just works

No pictures

Cmus works

I like CMUS more

>not using cmus
unironically a retard who only uses mpd on his personal machine lmao fucking retard

I use plex

Because fb2k

pithos and vlc
umadbro?

Because I don't have down syndrome.

stop using arrow keys
[]
{}

Cause spotify

I'm using mocp
I tried ncmpcpp + mpd but I didn't like that it's more focused on playlists, I basically just want a file browser that supports playback and id3 tags, so I went back to mocp
also if I want to play music remotely I can just ssh and mocp

Ooh! Exactly what I'm using. It just works...

I like clementine

ncmpcpp

slept, feel good rn

>downloading 5 of 112 songs
how?

mpd + ncmpcpp + mpDris2

But I am user

>foobar+wasapi?
OP is a cuck

this

because itunes works with my iphone.

I am, I really like it too as it just indexes my music collection and doesn't have a fit when I change stuff, you can just update the db.

foobar2000

I am, gmpc is nice too.
Too bad the mpd support for cue sheets suck though.

>i3-gaps
Kill yourself desu senpai.

Cmus does all the shit I want.

A (You) for all my cmus niggas

Because foobar2000 exist?

I like it. I also like cmus and banshee.

T H I S
H
I
S