Sup Forums, how do you maintain the good health of your system?

By not being an idiot.

Balanced diet, exercise and meditation

Literally no point in using CCleaner on windows as windows has a built in disk cleaner

It cleans registry though

I defrag my ssd daily

By not using Windows.

Literally no point in "cleaning registry"

(You)

Use CCleaner once every 2 days for both cleaning of system logs, browser history, cookies, etc. Then do registry cleaning because more of an OCD thing than anything. When a program is installed or removed, it usually creates garbage registry entries that are no longer required or relevant.

I also run MBAM every 2 days as well. Been running Windows with just those 2 utilities and no active anti virus for 8+ years now. So long as you're not retarded with your browsing, you'll be fine.

I use GNU+Linux

>cleaning registry
Enjoy reinstalling your OS when it inevitably fucks up

Why not just use Revo Uninstaller to clean up leftover files/registries?

Don't like change. Been using CCleaner forever and it does the job fine. Don't see a reason to switch. Not saying there aren't other tools just as capable.

There are plenty of entries made by software that doesn't get removed and or set back to default when the program is removed. Not that CCleaner is the authority in combating this, there are however programs that specialize in this. The Windows disk clean up tool is not as thorough as one might think. A certain working directory, might not truly need as much redundant cached data as Microsoft thinks it does.

If one backs up their reg prior to any changes, one is typically protected from chasing this water fall.

pacaur -Syu

>I defrag my ssd daily
(you)

By running emerge --depclean --ask and eclean-pkg --deep every so often

Always used ccleaner but since I now have an SSD I'm kind of paranoid if I should clean the browser cache regularly.

Other than that it never failed, always used it to remove leftover registry entries, never did a backup and it never fucked up my OS.

>adblock + noscript
>no viruses
ez
dont even need to be a retard and run those placebo programs every 2 days

cookies, pixeltags, blah, blah, it all winds up on your system locally in temp directories. Relying solely on those plugins, doesn't really sound like a multi faceted approach to ones opsec. MBAM coupled with common sense, in tandem with the appropriate plugins. Third party utilities are necessary. A perfect unrelated example would be attempting to defragment a HDD in Windows Vista. Anyone who has faced this scenario was likely to have employed a third party solution such as Defraggler, rather than the built in disc defragmenting tool.

By not downloading dumb shit and opening .exe's from torrents.

ESET Internet Security
Malwarebytes Premium
CCleaner Professional
Adwcleaner
JRT
Common Sense

/thread

By not downloading malware, shit I don't need and having a torrentbox I can run whatever the fuck I want on.

>he still uses ccleaner in 2016

Windows update does more harm to a system than anything you mentioned, combined. I hope you don't leave the stability of your operating system in the hands of pajeets hired to code security updates.

Temp on non-system drive. Third party utilities are no longer necessary.

I've wanted to move my entire profile to a non-system drive but I haven't gotten to it.

>Temp on non-system drive. Third party utilities are no longer necessary.
This is correct. Moving one's entire profile to a non system drive, would present many advantages.

Literally no point to cleaner professional.

Cleaning a database... u wot m8

why