Is it so much to ask for a laptop that has a dedicated GU that doesn't look like a space ship?

Is it so much to ask for a laptop that has a dedicated GU that doesn't look like a space ship?

Wishlist here:
>no gimmicks
>no colored keyboards
>no numpad
>4 USB-C ports only
>1080p screen with glossy display and thin bezels, w/gorilla glass all the way across like the zenbook 3
>glass trackpad
>all aluminum design
>space for only one nvme ssd
>battery life for at least 5 hours of GPU use
>weights at max 4 lbs.

I fully believe this is possible but companies seems scared to make something like this. Sure it would cost an arm and a leg but why not set the stage?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834233184
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Enterprise or CAD laptops.

Except 5 hour battery, you are asking a lot.

get a desktop faggot

Fujitsu or Sager/Cleovo

Only thing that hits almost every mark is the surface book. Get rid of all the added wight for the screen and a better video card should surely work. Battery life is still a problem.

Macbook Pro

weak

>gimicky touch bar
>shit gpu

>4 USB-C ports only
This is fucking retarded. Why.
>1080p screen with glossy display and thin bezels, w/gorilla glass all the way across
Oh, you're fucking stupid. That's why. Okay.
>glass trackpad
Why?
>all aluminum design
Bad Design
>weights at max 4 lbs.
I guess if you want it to run, like, a nVidia GT 710 this is possible.

>>no colored keyboards
holy shit are you that autist complaining about the razer blade keyboard? you can set it to fucking white like any backlit keyboard, or turn it off completely. how are you so fucking stupid that you consider that a design flaw or unwanted?

USB-C ports only
>memeports only
So you don't do anything significant with your laptop?

>bought ideapad 100 14" with i3 + nvidia 920mx
>open it up
> see the heatsink doesn't cover the whole cpu silicon
>mfw

USB-C is the future. Theirs no reason to use USB A, or Ethernet ever in a laptop anymore.

If you really need all that crap but that plastic toshiba from bestbuy. I bet you still use discs too. Embrace the future.

>Theirs no reason to use USB A, or Ethernet ever in a laptop anymore.
can't connect my mouse with usb-c

Bleutooth is the answer. No dongles.

USB-C can't come fast enough if you ask me. I'm sick of USB-A

USB-C is probably the future.
We literally have no idea what is on the Horizon. Remember when Apple nearly bet the bank on Firewire replacing USB? I'm sure as fuck they're glad they didn't bet the whole bank on it now.

Beyond that, my mouse (necessary for gaming and precision input in things like AutoCAD) requires USB-A. My drawing-pad requires USB-A. Wireless is still fucking garbage and if you use it at home when you can plug Ethernet right into the wall and get latency reduced by magnitudes, you're a fucking idiot. And Why the shit should I have to buy entirely new peripherals, connectors, and more just to use a new piece of hardware? That's literally fucking retarded. Even the Chromebook Pixel, a fucking chromebook with no business having anything connected to it as it's meant purely for web browsing on the go, has USB-A ports AND USB-C ports. 1 on each side. And that's 100% A-Okay.

And no. Nobody still uses discs anymore. Way to be an edgy memelord. I thought summer was over.

>Bleutooth is the answer. No dongles.
>Here, just use this laggy, high-latency, antiquated PAN technology instead of plugging a cable into your high performance laptop.

Seriously. Everything you're saying is ruining the point of even having a dGPU in a laptop at this point. No USB-A means no existing peripherals for gaming, creative design, or professional design, which would use the dGPU, and no laptop dGPU is going to suffice for GPGPU development. Get an external GPU dock for that shit. And using Bluetooth for anything 2-way is fucking retarded. There's a reason most wireless mice use their own dongles and connection methods. Considerably lower-latency than shitty fucking bluetooth. And higher polling for precision manipulation.

>OP wants a MacBook pro
>But he doesn't want to buy Apple
What do you expect us to do about it?

You mean a Surface Book, anonymous. It's already been done.

Timeline of Events for USB-C

1. USB is announced
2. USB-C devices are announced
3. First phones with USB-C begin to be released
4. First laptop with USB-C begins to be released (where we are now)
5. More laptops and more PC's adopt USB-C
6. Legacy devices become more available by first party and third party adapters
7. Legacy devices die off as USB-C becomes dominant
8. USB-C is universally used
9. USB-whatever comes out and wash-rinse-repeat.

None of this is bad imo.... just slightly annoying in the in-between stages.

>antiquated PAN technology
Not that guy but modern Bluetooth is just wifi with a few minor additions. Your point still stands.

I'm calling this shit. If not the iphone 8, the iphone 9 WILL have USB-C.

There's no point in it not having it. There are no more bragging rights for lightning and the Macbook Pro is moving to USB-C. There is absolutely no reason not to transition.

Apple could then make money marketing and selling their wall warts and cables to android customers as well as apple customers.

Win win for all.

>he gets hot and bothered about buss standards

XPS 15
>no gimmicks
doesnt have touchbar

>no colored keyboards
only white backlight that can be turned off

>no numpad
check

>4 USB-C ports only
why isnt 1 enough? it has normal usb ports and a seperate charging port too and an hdmi port

>1080p screen with glossy display and thin bezels
check on fhd version

>gorilla glass all the way across
check on qhd version

>glass trackpad
check

>all aluminum design
this is a meme, two aluminium pieces with different temperatures held together = not good

>space for only one nvme ssd
it has space for 2 and a sata, why "only"

check

>weights at max 4 lbs.
check

If you're talking about Low-Power IP over Bluetooth, that's for shit like Lightbulbs and smart watches, so the host device (because bluetooth still works on a host device principle) which is connected to the internet can pass traffic to and from the connected device from a WAN gateway.
The underlying operation principles are still the same. Still the same stacks. Still the same protocols otherwise. With decade+ old ideas on how to handle and manage packets.

>I can't defend my point so I'm just going to act retarded

>MOOOM I WANT A GAYMUR MACHINE THAT DOESN"T LOOK LIKE GAYMUR MACHINE BECAUSE MY E-BUDDIES ON Sup Forums WILL RIDICULE ME.

okay kid

p screen with glossy display
why on earth would you want a glossy display on a laptop
glossy displays are only suitable for places where you control the lighting so you know you won't have a lamp or window reflecting back at you in the middle of your screen.

Apple didn't invent USB-c you tard it's an internationally agreed standard

Who the fuck said they did?

I even said a non-apple product used it. A product that was clearly released before anything Apple used it for.

Fuck, my current phone has USB-C.

You're a stupid nigger, aren't you?

>buy razer
>cover logo with black sticker
>change keyboard backlight setting to all white
>done

Honestly, any game I'd play outside of my house runs decently on Intel's HD graphics, I've never actually owned a laptop with a dedicated GPU. Even back in college I could play skyrim on lower settings with just a 3rd gen i7

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834233184

>Even back in college I could play skyrim on lower settings with just a 3rd gen i7
which was probably new at the time.. you sound stupid m8

>not preordering the MSI VR One

It's like you DON'T want to 360 no-scope noobs on the go.

Stupider than the guy wanting a gaymen laptop?

>one day soon there'll be augmented-reality VR cawadoody in real-life cities by a bunch of neckbeards with gaymen backpacks, goggles, and plastic vidya rifles

This is going to be a pathetic, cringeworthy spectacle. But I'd play it too, I ain't gonna lie.

It would be a pretty great machine tbhfam if razer's support wasn't shit, and that logo wasn't designed by a retard
>thin and light
>pretty good specs
It's expensive as fuck and the logo on the back is shit, but I'd buy it if it were made by a better company.

SAGER
A
G
E
R

You mean Clevo ;3
Sager rebrands Clevo laptops.

/thread

I mean you are a faggot.
Kill Your Self.

>Your

Xiaomi Notebook air 13.3"
You guys need to do your homework..

whoa dude i know its gettin real hard to wait for the leaks but just shitpost with me on /vp/ and dont bother the other boards ok?

those are some bullshit specs you are asking for.
My fucking sides. Why are you on a technology board when you dont know anything about technology.

Gigabyte master race.

My y410p with i7 4700MQ and GT 755M gets 3 hours actual gaming time on a 62Wh battery. Though this is in throttled mode since the GPU won't run at full speed without AC.

Radeon Pro 455 and 460 surpass the M2000M.

>Theirs no reason to use Ethernet ever in a laptop anymore
Suck me, retard.

>755M
kek that thing cant play games.

Plays DOOM on Ultra at 1600x900. I don't know what else you want.

>say $750 at launch
>gold sold out everywhere
>silver is $900
>12.5" is $600 for 4GB RAM

Fucking why.

But it doesnt.

But it does.

at least neckbeards will get some sun and probably lose weight too.

any of the system76 laptops with a 10 series gfx card

This backpack PC meme is going to crash and fucking burn. NVIDIA Moonlight, anyone? It wouldn't be that much to ask to stream VR-worthy, 4K or higher content over the kind of 5G connections we'll have by 2020.

I have that card and I can barely play Overwatch on 60 fps

2014 HP Omen here. I use the thing in public all the time for both work and gaymen, barely any reaction. Should note I live in Xenu City(Clearwater FL), but still, OP is probably over-harping on the lack of MUH GAYMZ aesthetic and cutting out some decent options. Hell, I'd recommend him my rig if it weren't for the battery life. I'm having a good day if I get 3.5 hours with TLP on i3 using Midori. Since there are free outlets everywhere, it's no biggie, but if I lived in BFE, I'd be selling this thing, probably for a Thinkpad Yoga 14 or something similar.

A Razer with a skin? You know, to hide that 'I'm a man-child' cattle branding on the back.

there's added latency you stupid piece of shit shill

Dell XPS laptops are like this.

>using wireless-tech over trusty af cables

nigga

>no airflow

>1-2ms
>latency

I'll just leave this here, you're welcome OP.

Apple users should be gassed.

>Aluminium

Wifi and Bluetooth waves go through plastic better

WHO YOU GONNA CALL

holy shit all these retards falling for this shitty bait

DOOM is one of the most optimized games on the market

This is basically what the surfacebook offers buddy

Why are you so intolerant?

Does the

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this

half your "concerns" are aesthetic irrelevancies

Ayyyy, these things are the nicest there is.

I have MSI GT80, it has most of what you mention there.

However, there is one thing about dedicated GPU I have to spoil to you
>it is fucking expensive to replace
>And, only if the manufacturer produce an upgrade kit, which usually limited by several factors design like power consumtions, price, form factor,etc.

So you'll get the next generation or the second one at most.

How much actuak battery life does the razer have? Or where can I check some good time tests