What is the technology equivalent of living in your car?

youtube.com/watch?v=ue0sC_25BVA

Buying a used ThinkPad.

Buying Nvidia so you can stay warm at night.

Using an iPhone 4 or Galaxy s3

Why are people shilling her on Sup Forums suddenly?

>homeless
>uses an iphone anyway
Average Apple customer, Sup Forumsentoomen

It's a guy. Only the hair looks feminine.

only if that's your only machine. If it isn't then having a used thinkpad is just buying a used car and fixing it yourself to save money.

Imagine how rank that hobopussi must be

GNU/Office Floor
Ask Richard Stallman about it.

The good news is she might let you rail her for 10 minutes in shower.
The bad news is she would be paying up front.

top bantz

FOSS
>free as in libre
>can modify it however you want
>no state rent fees/property taxes
>only need to pay for the fuel and hardware to run it

>dyed hair
>living in car
makes sense, really

Bitches who look like that don't have to live in any car. You ever see any good looking homeless people?

but i did that....

>that
>good looking

Men sometimes it feels good being a 3rd worlder my parents will never just kick me out from the house or refuse to let me live with after leaving them for some time

>dyed hair looks like she fell asleep in some paint
>good looking

he is probably american, so all five girls under 200 kg looks like supermodels

yeah, he has raised his standard to the horking "real women" of the passed 5 years who chug m&m's like chris christie

Using linux

>its free as in freedom (and price)
>basically all you need to survive
>not as much comfy
>girls think you're gross

Living in your car is very comfy if you have the right car. If transience wasn't so persecuted in America I would be doing it full time.

>You ever see any good looking homeless people?
Yea.

>>dyed hair?
That's the best you got? What are you 12?

No you haven't.

living in your computer

even homeless people have standards

Ight.

why is it illegal to sleep in a car?

How much for a bj?
Not even joking I can pay good money.

People hate the homeless so legislation has been targeted at preventing them from being around places where people in houses live.

Using your phone for everything.

Think that's in USA. But you can also get a misdemeanor for things like not wearing your shoes to sleep in USA.

because you're supposed to be a debt-slave, paying your mortgage until you die.

It isn't, it's only illegal to park in certain places for hours at a time.

>homeless
>with a car that nice

Yuropoors will never understand.

No, it's literally illegal to sleep in public in some places, especially cities.

Your own car is not one of those places though.
Hence why they have to differ to you being there for too long or after hours.
I lived in my car before I came to learn the nuances to this kind of shit.

>Your own car is not one of those places though.
There is no distinction in the law. Maybe there is where you were, but that's not common.

I also live in my car, but stay far away from dense cities.

>There is no distinction in the law.
Yes there is your car is your property, if a person is in their driveway and sleeps in their car there is nothing the law can do to stop them from doing that, the issue is where the car is parked while they are sleeping.
>I also live in my car, but stay far away from dense cities.
Just park in the parking lot of a walmart, they are open 24/7 and don't give a shit as long as you aren't causing trouble.

this

Using a phone as your primary computing device.

using an Android or iOS device as your only computer.

Using an iPad as your only machine, buying into the "post-PC" hype like a good goy.

Or:
>Using an iPad as your only machine, buying into the post-PC hype like a good goy, and writing "I've Seen The Future of Computing" articles on Medium and submitting them to Hacker News while sipping a Soy latte.

Using a chromebook

There is a distinction in the law: Whether the person who owns the property you're parked on objects to you sleeping there. If they don't object then it's entirely legal. One time I went to a church and asked the pastor if it was okay if I used their parking lot to sleep in my car, and he called the owners said I could for a week. One of the church-goers called the cops after Wednesday night service, and told me to leave. Luckily the owners of the church were there and told him it was fine. It wasn't against the law because I had their permission.

Using Free Software exclusively

Yea, you're talking private property here, but that isn't what's being discussed. None of that shit matters on public property.

/thread

You're such a butthurt dumb boy. Also, I'm an intelligent beautiful woman.

>homeless
>owns an iphone
TOP KEK

>If transience wasn't so persecuted in America I would be doing it full time.
So you do it part time?

I have no idea what I meant to say, but that wasn't it. Although I have traveled internationally by car when work (well, lack thereof) has permitted.

>being a rentcuck
I know people who make 80-100k a year working for big tech companies and they live in vehicles. It infuriates the bay area real estate jews.

>buy laptop with NVIDIA discrete graphics so I can put it inside my pillow and cuddle it
Technology is the best.

>homeless
I refuse to watch the other videos to find out but she doesn't seem completely homeless, or at least she has a reasonable amount of money.

Seeing as this is Sup Forums, how did/do you cope with the tech side of things? I've thought about it for cheap travelling but I would lose my mind without internet access. Having to rely on batteries etc. all the time must be suffering. I guess you can wardrive wifi easily enough but power is my main issue.

Using Linux

I'm under the impression that she lives a nomadic lifestyle part-time

spam is against global rules. you are posting this shit across all boards. gtfo.

Bay Area has an odd hostility to having no fixed address considering how much real estate in East Bay is just straight up illegal renting.

I'm not who you replied to, but most cars have push 100W+ through the 12V outlets and a lot of laptops have car adapters available. My car was very convenient thanks to a very flexible seating setup and several 12V outlets I kept powered by a deep cycle battery. I could have a bed made up with the seats on the right side and have a reclining chair on the left with a little desk contraption, so I could actually get a fair bit done.

fuck you guys, shes hot!

how long until it gets raped

would/10

They're not homeless...

why the hell is sleeping in your car illegal?

>lives in a car
>uses a iphone

she's bound to charge that fucker three times a day on a battery bank or something.

see

I think it'd be kind of nice to live in a small van or something. You'd be able to go wherever you want, really. If you picked up odd jobs every now and then to make the money you'd need it wouldn't be bad at all. I'd do it if I weren't so attached to my family and responsibilities here with SAR and stuff.

Whenever we have to go do SAR anyway I'm pretty much living out of somewhere else with the dog, so it's not much of a stretch.

>if I weren't so attached to my family and responsibilities

29 here, I've not had much success at life so far, but it feels like a winning the lottery not having any responsibilities right now, in the process of moving back with my parents for a while. I'm gonna get a car and go out on the road and be transient for a while.

Well, good luck to you, honestly. Maybe when my mom dies (hopefully not any time soon!) I can do it. Big maybe though. It's kind of hard to do SAR in a specific state when you're across the country on an adventure. That's my only responsibility, really. I don't want to give it up because I like helping people, or at least trying to.

It's not like I'm running away from anything, but I just enjoy the idea of an adventure. Like I said, it's pretty much just me and my dog when we go do this stuff (unless we're part of a bigger team) and the freedom, even under the stress, is great.

Can't you just sign up with local SAR groups while you're 'in town'?

What the hell does SAR mean?

I have no idea as I never really thought about it. If I'm on the road and free I don't really want the stress of what we do now. It's not good for me or the dog but I don't really want to stop.

Search and Rescue. I do K9SAR with my best friend.

That would pretty much guarantee that you can't do anything remotely close to being out on the road to leave at anytime. You could still live in your car though but your experience would be different. You'd have to make it work for you and since you know the LEOs you could literally do stealth parking without worrying about cops

What are you driving?

I have no idea why I would live in a car when I can just live in the house I live in now without a problem UNLESS I did want the utmost freedom.

A jeep.

>A jeep.

>Hey she looks nothing like my cartoons!
>0/10 would not bang

Sleeping in your car is the quickest way to make you want to get a van and do that shit properly

>I have no idea why I would live in a car when I can just live in the house I live in now without a problem UNLESS I did want the utmost freedom.

Well, it's whatever you want to do user. But the answer as to why is very simple. Money, and yes "muh freedom" is a good aspect of it also. Of course all of it depends on what kind of person you are and on what works for you.

I guess I mean in my current situation. I do get a lot of what people would consider adventure but it's usually under stress, so not that much of a relaxing time, you know? I have to pay attention to stuff I could casually view and enjoy. It's nice to see the scenery whilst I'm out though, even if it is under pressure.

I wouldn't worry too much about money, and I would seriously like a calming adventure where I could do what I wanted without stress. I'd also have to find somewhere I could work with my dog if I were to pick up odd jobs along the way as there's no way I'd leave her alone somewhere (she goes every single place I go and if she isn't welcome I simply don't go) and especially no way I'd make her stay cooped up in a van or something all day. She seriously is everywhere I go and has never really been out of earshot from me. It'd be weird to leave her too, so there is that. I don't know why I'm rambling.

It Just Works(tm). It's a tool. The real asset is the dog and our skills.

for some reason they sell bags of M&Ms that come in a box

he is pouring the bag into the box it came in, i think he prefers it that way

people use the State as a weapon to be wielded against people who disagree with their life choices

the Law exists so that what's right for you becomes a moral imperative for someone else

it's not enough that people who live in their cars should experience the benefits and drawbacks of their personal choices. they should be treated as criminals and prosecuted for their personal choices.

This. I've slept some odd places before and car was by far the worst of them.

I think we're talking over eachother. I get what you're saying you like being out and feel like you don't have to let go of your apartment/house/dwelling to do it.

Now what I am asking you to do is, think of yourself and your dog starting from scratch as of right now, all your possessions gone, what would you need in your life? So the basics, everyone needs a place to sleep right, ok you got your jeep and your apartment so you got it covered. If your place was empty rooms and a bed would you go out to get a bunch of furniture and things to fill it?
if
>yes

then settling down roots is more important to you, but that comes with the added cost of rent and utilities and there is nothing wrong with that.

if
>no

then a place to sleep and store a few possessions would probably be more important and make more sense, you could make yourself comfy in your jeep and still live your life as you do now.

its all about what works for you. as far as relaxing from stress, everyone is different on that. making rent for me is stress, when its 40 degrees out all day long and I can't afford to run the heater thats stress to me, everything else in life doesn't stress me, work never stressed me until I actually needed it to pay rent and utilities, then work became a nightmare, but that's another story.

>It Just Works(tm).
>implying
But hey, at least it's making you money instead of just taking it.

You had the wrong car.

this

>2016
>living in a house

L M A O

kys

making joke that were funny in 2011
>you went from a fermi to a r9 290
I have to live at temperatures that would instakill feminists (19c)

You can live in your car. There's no law against that

Idiot

I almost got shot by cop for this luckily i am not black

>you will never get into her car a dark cold snowy night cuddle with her under the blanket and kiss her forehead