Are there any anti-virus programs that aren't pure fucking cancer?

Are there any anti-virus programs that aren't pure fucking cancer?

Common Sense 2016

ESET Nod32

short answer: no
long answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

unless you pay for them that is

Kaspersky is fine, or at least can be made to do what you want it do since its very customisable.

Kaspersky will OMNOMNOM all of your CPU for like 10 minutes after startup, sometimes more. When I had to have it on a school-owned laptop I made it a point only to reboot the thing when I had a full hour free. And yes, I tried all of the settings that I had permission to reconfigure (most of them). Nothing short of turning it off completely would pretty me get any performance out of the machine.

Ad blocker and common sense is the best you can get

Malware is the worst and most common shit you need to avoid nowadays

ClamAV for email server & pomf clone

comodo

Nope they'll all spy on you.
Gentoo hardened is probably the best anti-virus program out there.

Avira
Bitdefender
ClamAV

Malwarebytes
Spybot
ESET
Emsisoft

Anti-virus is a meme that shits on your CPU and disk. Get a decent anti-malware and a decent firewall. Russian hackers aren't going to give you a virus. The only way you get viruses these days are from clicking shady links and not checking file extensions.

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

Assuming you use windows because you are asking this question. Download TRON off of reddit. It uses a batch file and several programs that take command line parameters to automate getting rid of bloatware, defragging, cleaning registry, deleting trash, and scanning viruses. It also includes several manual tools for more utility.

Adblock
CommonSense Suite
Clamwin AV for suspicious files

Read up on how idiots end up with malware on their computer.

Keep your computer updated.

Either remove flash completely or set it to click to play.

Install an Adblocker.

If you are going to download cracked versions of software then run it in a VM.

Backup your data regularly.

There isn't a magical AV out there, all of them are subject to zero days. If you are using windows then using the AV that came with it will work just fine.

If were gonna go there, just install linux.

This

Plus it's free since its so easy to get keys

Is malware bytes good

The free version

yes it is called virustotal uploader

360safe essential edition is pretty comfy desu. Some argue that it's chinese botnet though.

MSE is ok (now Windows Defender)

It does not use you cpu at all, you probably had other problems like a shitty laptop

Seconding Kaspersky as best AV.
Very customizable, and actually very lightweight. Also comes with some nice stuff like a built-in adblocker.

Of course you only need an antivirus if you have shitty computer habits. If you don't visit sketchy sites (like surface web streaming sites), use an adblocker, dont have potentially dirty USBs (or other storage media) going in your computer, and don't pirate software, you should be good.