Wth.. why are so many ppl buying nvidia?!?

wth.. why are so many ppl buying nvidia?!?

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rs-KStE3qlY
support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows 10 - 64
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why shouldn't they?

It runs cooler/consumes less power and has better software features like shadowplay.

Because they want a graphics card and not a space heater?

>there are more 1080s than RX 480s
>1080 is a $600-800 card
I know AMD has a low marketshare nowadays but this is quite surprising.

AMD has a shadowplay equivalent

I have a 480 and I never got the hardware survey pop up in october

AMDs drivers being pretty okay these days, I don't really see much difference

The top end cards from both companies usually excel in one or two games are are pretty comparable in everything else, maybe a bit more power usage from AMD cards, but it probably only adds up to a few dollars per year on your power bill so who the fuck cares

AMD cards are old by now.

10XX cards are finally always in stock if you want to buy one and still fairly new.

No it doesn't.

Nothing of similar or equal quality and performance at least.

but what about dx12? the future?

Still working fine on my aged 680, why would that matter?

That list is fucked, the RX 470 isn't even in it from what I can tell

youtube.com/watch?v=Rs-KStE3qlY

it's GDVR

there's also plays.tv for GPU accelerated recording

>but what about dx12? the future?
trick question, AMD poorfags don't care about dx12 or the future

simple. it fucking works

>AMD makes a bargain bin housefire card for "everyone"
>everyone buys high end, quality Nvidia cards anyway

I guess quality and quantity can go hand in hand

New games still get Dx11 even Dx10
It will take a while before Dx12 becomes the standard

AMD needs to reaalize poorfags just buy consoles anyway

Marketing
Memes
>Think Different tier apple fanboyism

I have a 1440p screen, a 480 is too slow. i'd get an amd card if there was an alternative.

but Nvidia makes quality products that get the job done and has no serious competition, how is it like Apple fanboyism or memes?

Thats like saying people who use hammers instead of beating nails with their own hands are fanboys.

Actually only fanboys would buy anything amd atm

I just bought a 1060 for two reasons.
1. Linux stability
2. Moonlight

Rocket league on a vita in the bed. Sir...

this
AMD offers absolutely nothing over Intel or Nvidia, youd have to go into shit like "muh monopolies" to justify buying AMDshit

AMD repeatedly gets the short end of the stick in terms of features.

Because kids are impressionable

dat streaming delay
dat lack of sound

>AMD offers absolutely nothing over Intel or Nvidia

Much better price/performance for their poorfag components. AMD also supports their GPUs a lot longer than Nvidia.

Playan in the tub/at the pub/getting a rub at 1080p/60. Also, gaymen laptop here. Lower heat helps.

No such issues on my Nexus 6.

You use the propriatary driver, right?

Cuz who the fuck does the RX 480 target? It's slightly more powerful than GTX 970 and at about par with GTX 980 so nvidia users ain't gonna care.
The RX 290X/390X are also on par with it and have been for years, so AMD users are not gonna care.

Who the fuck is going to buy it beside buttcoin miners? Those cards that it performs on par with have been available for YEARS. At least the 1070 and 1080 are more powerful than any other card that is on the market and the 1060 is a valid upgrade for brand loyalists on GTX 770s and 760s - of which there are plenty.

Not really, Steam is mostly used by hardcore gaymers, while the RX480 targets casuals.

I'd buy amd as soon as they have a game stream equivalent. But amd seems to have no interest in giving consumers features.

>Cuz who the fuck does the RX 480 target?

People who want 1060 performance but don't want their card gimped by driver updates in a year.

>AMD also supports their GPUs a lot longer than Nvidia.
LMAO
You can't even get windows10 drivers for anything before GCN. Meanwhile you get drivers for shit like 8800gtx.

AMD is gaining marketshare, friends.

Steam is not an accurate representation of sales and use.

>casuals dropping $200-250 for a GPU

Pretty sure casuals play on integrated or $100ish dedicated GPUs.

>windows 10
>8800gtx
useless

it doesn't even list a single RX 470 or RX 460

Not an argument.

>8800gtx
768 mb of memory and 10 years old is very useless

not hard to do when the underlying architecture hasn't changed in well over a decade.

That doesn't seem odd?

Why do you care what others are buying? Are you that insecure of your purchase?

Not an argument.

>Kepler
Where's the 780ti now?
>Maxwell 'a-sync'
Never got it
>You can't even get windows10 drivers for anything before GCN

You are full of shit

support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows 10 - 64

It's ok to admit you're wrong k?

Argument is long support.
dumb ayymdrone

Its called marketing

>As a courtesy to our valued supporters we are providing a final Beta driver
I guess that's enugh for ayymdrone.

Not an argument.

Absolutely useless in today's world. Nvidia cards are well known to not age as well as AMD cards. You have drivers for old AMD cards, so your argument is useless. The percentage of users that have 10+ years old cards is staggeringly small.

Because you're a fucking retard. Kill yourself, you shit brained baboon.

This is the most asinine argument in favor of Nvidia I have ever come across. Who the fuck cares about a card that cant even play videos, much less games anymore?

>Nvidia cards are well known to not age as well as AMD cards
nice meme
>The percentage of users that have 10+ years old cards is staggeringly small.
Yet they continue their support.
also
>what is tesla

Those gpus are useless, utterly useless. AMD has drivers for all their old cards. What is there to update on a 10+ year old design? Has nvidia still not been able to optimize their cards after 10+ years? Does it take them 10 years to get drivers correct?

absolutely no one with a pc from the 2007 era is running windows 10 with the original gpu anyway

You were still wrong though.

Also, I guess the only cards that people use are pre -2011; oh wait, you're trying to ignore the fact that every 7000+ series GPU is outperforming it's competitor so you have to go back to the past. Stop hiding from the truth Nvidcuck.

Nvidia is using v 342 on the 8 series, while the newest drivers are on 370. They really havent updated anything for that series in years.

>AMD offers absolutely nothing over Intel or Nvidia
It really depends on when you buy. GPU fanboyism is idiotic.

>Cuz who the fuck does the RX 480 target?
The people who still own HD6970s, HD7870s, GTX4/580s (Are any of these space heaters actually running?), GTX 660s, etc. Cards like those are finally starting to feel inadequate for non-technophile PC gamers, and RX 480 and GTX 1060 are drop-in replacements that are adequate for that 1440p @ 60FPS sweet spot that most want. Now the 8GB RX 480 variant? I don't really have an answer for that one. I guess Skyrim and Fallout 4 modders who do not understand that they should probably resize and compress comically oversized textures that are inexplicably missing mipmaps? Or maybe somebody wanted to sell a lot of GDDR5 and found a stupid customer base (gamers). Tbh, I'm pretty sure it's that.

muh Cities:Skyline makes a very compelling case for the more ram, the better