Today, I've reached the depth of my paranoia

Today, I've reached the depth of my paranoia.
I've taped mic and cam.

>Tonight had to maintain my small lamp, which requires an E14 bulb
>Took the lamp to the kitchen(my room is next to the kitchen)
>So I unscrewed the bulb, and put it on the top of the microwave, casually, next to my roommate's iphone
>he is cooking some shit
>my computer is running,recently reinstalled my win7, door is closed, installed main drivers, and in the middle of the annoying update fest
>This might sounds stupid, but I believe if I install updates in 40 packs(install 30-40 updates then restart) the OS will be faster
>SO, I'm in the middle of installing another pack
>going to the kitchen, doing said maintenance on my lamp
>roommate accidentally knocks off the bulb, it shatters
>I'm mad as fuck, as I just bought it and it's already fucked
>It's okay, I've bought 2-pack, it was 1100 huf(shitty hungarian currency, roughly $4)
>Claims a compensation, in money or a new bulb
>tells him a bit loudly, it has to be E14 type bulb
>We agree he will buy the same 2-pack bulbs tomorrow, because he is also using E14
>> hours later
>sitting in my room, finished the updating torture
>while I'm installing junk, I watch shitty youtube videos
>Suddely notices ad(havent installed adblock yet)
>the same E14 type bulb, from a different local shop, in 2-pack, AND IT IS 15% CHEAPER

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/technology-35639549
makeuseof.com/tag/your-smartphone-listening-or-coincidence/
bgr.com/2016/06/01/facebook-listening-iphone-android/
computerworld.com/article/3079412/security/facebook-advertising-microphone-itbwcw.html
download.wsusoffline.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>using greentext the wrong way

>OK Google! Give me a list of psychologists in OPs local area

Nigga, stop using meme OSes. :/

I think you give the botnet too much credit. I highly doubt they have the capacity to do that in 2016.

>My room mate's iPhone knew that I needed a certain bulb type just by being in the room

Due to how fucking dumb this place gets sometimes, I don't know if this is bait or not.

That's pretty interesting if you're not making it all up.

$1 has been deposited into your account, Bulbsmann-Goldmann-Judberg Global thank you for your service.

Did you use a club card or tracable account to buy the bulbs? If so, then system out there knows you've recently bought a particular item and they reasonably believe you would buy it again.

>2016
>not using adblock
Your roomate googled the bulb on the same network.
Problem solved

it's 100% true. Actually I'm sending my roommate to that shop, since it's closer

asked him before I've made the post, he didnt google it
freshly installed my win7

One of you definitely googled it at some point. Relevant ads got delivered to your IP.

>not led

>upvote

Good goyim. Now click it.

>micro living japan
>weabo piece of shit
>probably a fagot 2
>cant into yarip

Go fuck a hobo, get aids and die

>yarip
wat

>https:(DOUBLE DASH)addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/yarip/

i thought i was on /g not /beingafuckingfagot

Your roommate googled it but was afraid to tell you in case it triggers your autism.

öld meg magad

it's time to stop posting

No, it's real. One time I had a conversation about Warhammer 40K with some friends, an hour later, I got a targeted ad for it.

>(DOUBLE-DASH)

>implying it's the depth
They are after on Sup Forums too...

>not blocking/hidings ads
Ignorance is bliss

An iPhone is always recording if you have Siri enabled. Talking about the type of lightbulb you have being picked up and added to your advertising profile isn't too far stretched.

I had a cold one day and told no one

facebook showed me a nurofen ad

That's literally what Google explicitly does with Assistant and Now

>I think you give the botnet too much credit. I highly doubt they have the capacity to do that in 2016.

bbc.com/news/technology-35639549

makeuseof.com/tag/your-smartphone-listening-or-coincidence/

bgr.com/2016/06/01/facebook-listening-iphone-android/

computerworld.com/article/3079412/security/facebook-advertising-microphone-itbwcw.html

i bet you looked up what bulb your lamp uses, you dumb nigger.

protip: use "cigany" instead of nigger if you wanna trigger the hungry man

You deserve it for being a dumb fuck still living in Hungary when you have English skills like that.

That would only make yourself look like an idiot - gypsies speak less than 1 language here, it would be completely impossible for them to be online and posting on Sup Forums.

iphones are always listening but it seems a leap for OP's computer to be cooperating.

Also OP is dumb with his 40 pack thing.

Probably he just googled the shit and forgot about it.

>iphones are always listening but it seems a leap for OP's computer to be cooperating.
IP addresses.
Apple doesn't share your private information with third parties when it shares advertising info but your IP address isn't considered private information. So they simply just shared people at IP blah talking about lightbulbs with advertisers and thus lightbulb adverts.

I had the same thing happen now at least three times. All for very specific products ive nevered searched before. I tell my brother we need something to make the place smell better next day ads for the exact febreeze type stuff we got. Then it was sams club tell my brother we should get a membership then ads start showing up. Then at work my coworker asks me to make an intro for a movie for him. Then i start getting ads for pre made intros. Pretty much this is confirmed facebook and google are using at least your phones to monitor irl conversation tailored to your speech.

Nice blog, buttfucker.

You don't even need to google it. Buying it from a webstore or anything related also causes this.

tanulj meg zöldszöveget írni

Usually people catch a cold or flu at the same time, on average. So the ads could have simply targeted everyone in an area where there is a statistical peak in amount of people having flu at this time of year.

So you think it's definitely not connected to the fact that you had freaking bought the same kind of light bulb a couple of days before?

This. Your roommate googled the bulb because he's not as autistic as you and needed to remember it/find the exact one.

If you bought one online before, or searched for it, that's probably the reason why you're seeing that ad....

Did your friend search up the bulb on his phone while connected to your network?

When i search up flight prices on my phone i get ads on my laptop. So i gog linux

I'm pretty sure Siri doesn't know hungarian...

>Watching Weeaboo shit documentaries

You deserve that advert, Kristóf.

does this happen to anyone else as well? sometimes I'm THINKING about something and then I see it advertised on Facebook or Google

Advertisers _are_ tracking you. But no worries: they just want to sell you stuff. Get a tracking protection plugin.

You sound like you have obsessive-compulsive tendencies. Get that checked out by a doctor.

Why the fuck do you not have Adblock or Aero enabled, pleb?

I already have ublock origin, tampermonkey with anti-adblock killer reek, kaspersky protection (private browsing). What should I install next?

Login to your fucking google account so sync extenstions. Are you seroius?

>Adblock
Ublock, my friend

I've been using AdBlock for five years and it's worked fine so long as you turn acceptable ads off. All ads are unacceptable.

>it works fine :^)
>not going for perfection
you dont belong here

Because either:
- you logged into Gmail, and you googled the lamp before re-installing.
- your roommate googled the lamp from the same home IP address.

What's so much better about uBlock? It's an ad blocker; there's not much difference between them.

OP, if you at any point searched for that model lightbulb on the internet, then it isn't is bad as you think. the internet will feed you ads based on your searches

however, if you never used the computer to look up lightbulbs at all, then they used keywords from your conversation to feed you ads

Milyen nagy fasz vagy. Ha azt hiszed ez lehetséges, használj valami fos oprendszert. Buzizgeci

>more efficient
>uses less ram
>can block scripts
>the ui is better
>isn't owned by racketeering rolacks
>the dev is an autist that will never sell out

>psychologists
>gists
kek

uBlock origin isn't bought by an (((((advertising company))))) yet.

Eventually they too will sell out and then it's time to move on to the next one.

I actually had a similar thing happen to me lately

>drinking with friends
>iphone in my pocket
>one of friends asks if i ever tried Southern Comfort
>no
>we carry on
Next morning
>wake up, check the phone
>the very first thing i see on facebook is promoted post from Southern Comfort
>most of online ads are also about Southern Comfort

FUCK

>recently reinstalled my win7,
found your problem OP

You're stupidly naive

>being ignorant

I was talking to a friend while out for a pizza/beer about processors, he was browsing facebook on his phone and suddenly got i5/i7 messages. After that I told him about the whole botnet thing, he's a sceptic and I said: Look I'll prove it, lets talk about nothing but cars for the next 20-30 minutes then browse facebook again. Sure enough he got an ad for car insurance. He said that "doesn't count". You draw your own conclusions.

It's 100x more lightweight, faster, more stable, doesn't come with bullshit “acceptable ads (;” by default, doesn't try to jew you out the ass

Nice tinfoil everyone :3
Its like you really hate convenience haha

i love the denial of the plebs

when faced with the evidence, they realize how terrible things are that they cannot face it, so deny deny deny it is

Well you are willingly using a web browser from a company that claims they do no evil. Only Satan and evil people need to say such things. They didn't make a web browser to be nice. They did it so they can spy on you for their own and the USA governments account. All of which will be traded with friendly intelligence agencies. Chrome will for example download binaries from google secretly using a backdoor.

your roommate googled it retard

How did you buy the bulb?

If you paid cash in hand, then its kind of creepy.

If you thought to google the kind of bulb you needed, went and ordered it on anazom and then went on youtube and saw a google ad for it then no its not aliens its you being a retard

with ublock you will not see the ads that you see with adblock.

>getting "mad as fuck" over an accidentally broken bulb

seek help

>next day ads for the exact febreeze type stuff we got
>we got
>next day
Obviously they're just selling your credit card history to ad networks.

I think more extensive experiments like this should be done, most of all you would also establish a baseline, i.e. the number of car ads you saw before talking about it.
>pick some subjects (cars, home improvement, computers, clothing)
>monitor the frequency of ads related to that product for a few days
>talk about one of the products
>see if the number of ads related to that go up
Also the monitoring should be double blind, i.e. done by someone who doesn't know which product you've chosen to talk about.
If you don't do it like this it's all just baseless paranoia.

MAYBE JUST MAYBE
DID YOU FUCKING SEARCHED FOR BULBS IN GOOGLE? THAT SPECIFIC MODEL?

IF SO YOU DUN GOOFED SON THAT'S BEEN GOOGLE'S STANDARD BEHAVIOUR WHEN SPYING ON YOUR SEARCH HABITS LOL

>download and watch Futurama from a private tracker
>get ads for futurama tshirts and stuff on FB as targeted posts

>thinking the botnet is not listening to you in any way it can
>post-Snowden era
An hero, idiots.

>Not using WSUS Offline Update
download.wsusoffline.net/

>implies computers can't connect to the internet
>while posting on Sup Forums

>Probably he just googled the shit and forgot about it.

This. Put down your tinfoil hats, retards.

>paranoid af
>Using windows

This
For god sake its a light bulb OP paid 2 dollars
Chill

Mongols are like that, what did you expect?

Thanks OP i am spooked now

OP here

checked roommate's webhistory on his tab and phone when he left, no signs of e14 bulb
I've backed up my whole google folder before the wipe, including my history. I would remember if i've searched for that, and no evidence in my history

the whole conversation went in hungarian, so it makes it even scarier
I've got a sexy batch file to uninstall all the winshill telemetry bullshit, at this time I didnt run it yet, so I was running on full blown telemetry

inb4 install gentoo
I'm dualbooting win7(for vidya) and debian

bought the bulb with card, in a local store, highly doubt it's connected, tho I've logged on to my bank service many times from this IP.

I was angry because I will have to go to the shop for another lightbulb, I always like to have atleast one spare. It's for my reading lamp, once it's out I have to use the main lamp, which I dont really like at late night

by using a products that OPENLY admit spying on you, you waive all right to complain about being spied on

>Eventually they too will sell out and then it's time to move on to the next one.
you can be assured that gorhil has already been offered large amounts of money for various cooperation and actively avoids help (to avoid sabotage). So far, he seems to have held up rather well.

OS? media player?

Oy vey! Sweet money!

Get the fuck out of here you normalfag piece of shit.

>"Taping"
>Not just disabling it on the os
You don't belong on a technology board.

what if you can't really disable it on the OS level?

>trusting the OS
Retarded winbabby

>software spies massively on you
>ask software nicely to stop spying on you
fuck off

OP, te egy fogyatékos szar vagy.

>not using ublock origin

The botnet just doesn't serve me ads because it knows I have no money. Saves me from having to install an ad blocker at least

Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon