Sup Forums hate gaymen laptops ONLY because AMD can't do decent mobile GPU

Sup Forums hate gaymen laptops ONLY because AMD can't do decent mobile GPU.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/G752VL-DH71-17-Inch-Gaming-GeForce-Titanium/dp/B01578ZNQA/?tag=tdrvr-20
laptopmedia.com/highlights/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-laptop-specs-and-benchmarks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

duh, Sup Forums are poo in loo commies

or maybe it's because they get like 2 hours of battery life even doing menial tasks like browsing the internet

and don't forget they're big and heavy, making them even less portable which pretty much defeats the entire purpose of a laptop

>what is desktop replacement
The GS63VR or the XPS 15 are not tho...

>GS63VR
impressed with its size but it's still 3 hours of battery life surfing the web

>XPS 15
looks pretty nice, nearly half as powerful as the above laptop though and although that allows it a more respectable 5-6 hours battery life it still falls short desu

macbooks get 10-12 hours and chinkpads can get up to 17 hours with their turbosized batteries, more than enough to last a day of work or school

desu i want to like gaymin laptops because versatility is good but the battery life just isn't there yet

how many adapters does this have

Gaymen laptops are stupid, you're squeezing high-performance hardware into a tiny box with a small screen for the retarded reason of playing games outside of your home. Just buy a 3DS.

>gayming on the go
Have literally never needed or wanted to play video games outside of my own house. Playing "on the go" is actually very cumbersome and inconvenient unless you're doing it on an app on your phone.

"Gayming laptops" are really only good for a very specific niche market. Everyone else who buys one ends up wishing they just bought or built a desktop.

Gaming laptops are completely viable purchases these days. They have better GPUs than like 95% of peoples desktop PC's.

Sup Forums just hates them because so many people here are angry nerds who never leave their houses, so they have no need for one, and as a result, cannot understand why anyone else would want one.

Example of such;
I travel regularly for work (sometimes for months at a time), and as a result, a good gaming laptop is a smart purchase for me.

I dont think you know what you're talking about.

No one gets gaming laptops to "play games on the go". I've never used my laptop without it being plugged in, nor have I ever seen anyone else use a gaming laptop to play games in a place without power. I mean... if you have a table to put a mouse on, chances are there is a power point nearby. It could not have a battery for all I care, and I think this is pretty common for most people.

I have a Razer Blade 14", which is the same size/weight as a MBP, but with a GTX 1060.

No, I hate them because I prefer a small low power laptop with long battery life over some thick 17" monstrosity that lasts an hour and a half.

They have better GPUs than the average PC at double the cost.
Give yourself an arbitrary budget, then compare the best PC you can build to the best laptop you can buy. Even if we include a monitor and a shitty laptop-style keyboard, the desktop will come out ahead at every price point.

If you lack desk space, or go to lan parties every week, a gaming laptop might be a decent option. If you jst want to play games on high settings, take your budget and buiod yourself the best desktop you can.

I built myself a $600 PC five years ago. Even now i get better performance than pretty much any sub $1500 gaming laptop.

Delete this stupid thread and go back to Sup Forums

Sup Forums hates gaymen laptops because they don't understand what a gaymen laptop is supposed to do. They actually think that people buy gaming laptops because they want to play Battlefield in Starbucks.

The reason people might buy a gaming laptop is because they travel often and it's infeasible to carry a desktop with all its peripherals. Gaming laptops don't need a brilliant battery because you'll only ever be using it intensively when you're near a plug point. They also don't need to be very light. Usually when you carry around a gaming laptop, you'll be carry around a lot of other belongings with you. So the difference between a 2kg laptop and a 5kg laptop is negligible. All that matters is that the laptop is flat enough to fit in a backpack.

While you can get much better value for money with a desktop PC, you also get pretty much no portability. If you regularly end up living in more than one location throughout a year, then the portability of a gaming laptop is very attractive.

You pretty much just ignored my entire post?

My point was that not everyone lives in their basement, and plenty of people have the need for powerful laptops that can run games.

Obviously you are paying more for the very small form factor.

>Why would anyone buy a phone!? You can build a desktop PC with waaaaay better specs for like 20% of the cost!!!! Just run android on bluestacks!
That's how stupid your argument is

People have lives, people travel, people have a need for powerful laptops that can run games. Just because your life is small, doesn't mean everyone else's is.

Check out the new Razer Blade.

Has the form factor of a Macbook Pro, and has a GTX 1060.

Really nice laptop. Obviously lower powered laptops have longer battery life, but it's not that much shorter in life...

Why are you so anal pained about someone being able to afford a gaming laptop?

You are either underage, poor or just really judgemental of how people spend their money. Perhaps that describes most of current Sup Forums.

I've seen it, I'm sticking with getting the Let's Note CF-RZ5

Please tell us the specs of this $600 PC you built 5 years ago that has better specs than modern gaming laptops.

>I built myself a $600 PC five years ago. Even now i get better performance than pretty much any sub $1500 gaming laptop.

amazon.com/G752VL-DH71-17-Inch-Gaming-GeForce-Titanium/dp/B01578ZNQA/?tag=tdrvr-20

Your super budget, 5 year old PC, is better than this? Good one laddy.

>No one gets gaming laptops to "play games on the go"
Sure, but it'd be nice if the laptops could at least maintain a decent battery life when doing stuff completely unrelated to gaming - low intensity stuff - but also be capable of gaming fairly well when plugged in. So just one computer you could lug around all day and also be able to do heavier work, like gaming, on it once you're back home and near a wall outlet.

Nvidia Optimus is a pretty good start for making gaming laptops better than being little more than compact desktops still tied to the wall. We could do with seeing more optimizations like this that tones things down a bit on the hardware end to further reduce power usage when users are just looking at funny cat pictures or shitposting on Sup Forums.

Also, how are you enjoying your new Razer Blade? I've been hearing somewhat mixed opinions so far on those from owners but they really do sound fantastic so long as you don't get unlucky and receive one that shouldn't have passed quality control.

I hate gaming laptops because they have disgusting build quality and for the same price i could buy an x240 and a 1070 for my pc

>spend 1k on a gaymen laptop
>get 2 hours of battery life, and extra 6-10 pounds to lug around, and a constantly wheezy fan
>bonus points if they cut corners and gave you a mushy keyboard and a washed-out TN screen

Or
>spend $500 on building an entry-level desktop that can do the same thing
>spend the rest on a tablet/laptop that's light enough to bring with you and doesn't sound like a 20-year-smoker

I dunno, OP, it seems pretty clear cut to me.

>tiny box
Use your fucking screen your the TV...

>$500

Nice try

$1k doesn't buy a lot in the high-end gayming laptop section either bud.

I can play games just fine on my AMD laptop.
Stay mad, nvidiots.

>only really care about ps2 and before games
>every laptop is a gaming laptop if I want to play games since I mostly only care about being able to emulate ps1-dc

Why do you need so much power on the go?

Because some people aren't neets like you?

>or maybe it's because they get like 2 hours of battery life even doing menial tasks like browsing the internet
But that's not true you fucking nigger.

For me it's not a laptop anymore if more than 15''. But if you like to play or 3D modeling, ect in travel a '' gaming laptop '' is good but most of people buy one cause they want power and movement but never at the same time, then they should buy a real laptop portable and a desktop with better spec for around the same price than gaming laptops

Just asking. Why?

laptopmedia.com/highlights/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-laptop-specs-and-benchmarks/

NVIDIA MASTER RACE

dirty ayymd peasants

I know it's hard to believe or understand for you, but some people don't give a shot about games. I havnt played a real video game in like a year now.

>not carrying an ultrabook/surface pro/other lightweight EDC and having a gaymen PC at home

What is it with you Sup Forums-types? Are you really willing to forsake all the trimmings of PC gaming for mobility?
>no mechanical keyboard
>no multi-display
>no controllers unless you carry them along with the bulky device and its charger
>shit battery life anyway

I'm selling my desktop and ordering a clevo with a 6700k and GTX 1070. There's no point in having a desktop anymore really with laptops as powerful as they are now. It's just way better to be able to take your PC anywhere and when home plug it into a bigger monitor and keyboard.

Gaymin isn't the only problem with amd mobile GPU it's the general (un)usability! Drivers are shit, overheats and can't do switchable graphics for shit (that crap is intels fault too, hate that shit.... I got a laptop with dedicated graphics for a fucking reason)

fpbp

wow i sure am happy with my nvidia gaming laptop. the control you have it on it is really something compared to wattman.

this bug has literally existed for years and there's no workaround for laptops at all.

That's dumb.

>laptop breaks
>you're fucked
>desktop breaks
>generally it's a one component switch out easy fix also easy to troubleshoot5

>gaming laptops heat up to shit
>heat is a huge killer

The only reason to own a gaming laptop is if you have a lot of disposable money and just want one for whatever reason.

I've had a "media" laptop that I've pushed to the limits by gaming with it for 6 years at like 90 degree temps. It's fine.

>le anecdotal evidence

Heat is good for computer components. Confirmed.

Top story

I'm not saying it WILL break I'm saying the chance of shit fucking up increases.

>shit performance
>shit battery life (lmao 2hour)
>run hot as fuck and cook your balls to infertility
for retards, by retards

Hey you guys never leave your house anyways so what does it matter right?

Gaming laptops are a joke, the price point of getting one is not worth it, plus the performance is just too gimped not to mention the heat the things generate.

I personally don't mind gayming laptops, but would never buy one. It's not as good as a desktop for gayming (lower performance, relatively small screen, uncomfy keyboard) and it's not as portable as integrated GPU laptops. I can see that some people might need a computer with discrete GPU they can carry around though.

>difference between a 2kg laptop and a 5kg laptop is negligible
Nope. When carrying it all day around you feel the difference very well. Actually, I can feel the difference between 2 and 3 kg but that's because I'm carrying it in shoulder bag.

I leave my house all the time.

I never take my laptop with me though because I'm not a nerd lol

Or even better. A GPD Win.

a gayming laptoop is retarded
just play some lesser demanding games on a more modest laptop

Because it's a hell of a lot more convenient than carrying a desktop tower and monitor with me whenever I leave the house

>poorfags or people who live in 2011 ITT

Gaming laptops are based and 1060m = 1060, 1070m = 1070, 1080m = 1080

This