How many years till windows 7 becomes obselete and we will have to move to 10 or whatever meme os ms has released?

How many years till windows 7 becomes obselete and we will have to move to 10 or whatever meme os ms has released?

I'll move to Linux on 2020

>not running windows VM without network access

I wish linux wasnt nogames

New hardware launching next year won't be supported on 7 by Microsoft, its possible that AMD's new Zen platform will still work but given the bugs that Bulldozer had that were never fixed there's not much reason to be optimistic.

So if you want to upgrade your system it could be next year.

2800 games, about 1/4 of everything on Steam last time I counted. That is just what's on Steam as Linux native, no GoG, Humble, Desura, DOSbox, Wine, or emulators included.

hopefully never

7 will outlive XP.

>2800 games,
still not enough when most of it is pixel shit.

Why is it that they aimed to make 10 more simple and easy to use, but in reality it's a lot more complicated and confusing than 7?

Honesty Microsoft you dun goofed.

it's already obsolete user

Cannonlake and Zen will not get win7 support. So windows 7 will ne obsolete on latest hardware next year. You can keep using it as long as your computer lasts but eventually you'll have to update your build and switch over to win 10.

Nided

If you look at the top rated games on Steam you'll actually find that in a subset like the top 100 the percentage of games for Linux goes from 25% up to 40%+.

Do more developers and publishers still need to get with the program of using Vulkan as the primary API on all platforms instead of dead-end DX infrastructure? Sure, but gaming on Linux is a long way from where it was a few years ago.

>Zen
I swear if fucking amd do this im going intel

more like i wish i could play games on linux without tearing or microstutter up the ass

switch to ReactOS once it gets it shit together

Its not AMD doing it, Microsoft controls what goes into Windows. They didn't even allow fixes to Windows 7 for Bulldozer so of course they're not going to allow changes for Zen in 7 at this point.

AMD would support 7 if they could, they've gotten very good at getting patches into Linux and Mesa to support their hardware even before its released.

good song

My understanding is that's mostly a result of needing to compile openGL shaders from GLSL source and it should go away when games start to use SPIR-V bytecode instead.

Fucking hell do you think this will affect performance?

With Bulldozer Windows 7 not handling the scheduler correctly made what was a sub-par chip into a performance disaster.

With Zen considering that its an all new platform it wouldn't surprise me if it can't even boot properly let alone perform well.

Idk, but I've already decided I'm going to switch to Linux or some other free OS when I can't use Win7 anymore.

I can't be fucked to care about games, there is only one game I'm looking forward to and that's Divinity Original Sin 2.

Windows 7 was obsolete almost 2 years ago. If you're not using Windows 10 then you're using a depreciated OS.

I need my adobe so im no sure wha Ill do
Maybe Ill have to go the win 10 route and say goodbye to my dignity

I switched to Windows 10.

My next computer is getting like FreeBSD or something.
This was an mitsake.
:ok_hand: :sunglasses: :gun: :100:

>virtualization is standard in modern linux kernel
>emulate most processor architechtures on the fly through thoughtful configuration
>light dom0 overhead so vms run near barebones speed
>pci passthrough

y u no has win7 gaming vms guis?

that's all thanks to X11, Wayland is almost ready and once fully replaced (probably 2018) then it will have better performance than Windows with games

When it comes to business, which is what matters, never. There are still those on XP, 95, 3.1, and DOS. Have to deal with each every couple of months. They cannot change, because of shitty proprietary software.

I can only hope.

games i run natively on my linux box in my living room from steam:

Tomb Raider
Civilization V
Empire: Total War
Metro: Last Light
SOMA
Rocket League
War Thunder
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Satellite Reign
Brigador
CSGO
Borderlands 2
Hotline Miami

>Hotline Miami
>It's all pixel shit, senpai

>Tomb Raider
>Civilization V
>SOMA
>Rocket League
>CSGO
>Borderlands 2
wew lad do you eat shit for a living

I genuinely enjoyed Tomb Raider and Borderlands 2, and I still play Civ V and Rocket League, so I guess?

I'd move to linux but do too much audio/video/photo related things to switch so hopefully by then there's support for proper stuff instead of copies

i'm not into video games, not a kid

I do participate in Electronic Sport though, and lucky for me Dota 2 and LoL both run on Linux

I got a MacBook Air in 2013, and I've just been kicking back with a bag of popcorn and watching Windows burn down ever since. It's been pretty great.

Guaranteed replies dot Jay peg

Just finished downloading the beta. If I werent piss drunk id try it right now. Oh well, theres always tomorrow

You switched to the ugliest OS there is and feel proud that you arent on a better looking OS

Yeah, im sure you are

I switched to the OS that doesn't aggressively push updates, only has one control panel instead of two, has competent trackpad drivers, and doesn't send all my data back to the mothership in a way I can't easily turn off.

MacOS isn't perfect (I'm looking at you, HFS+), but at least it knows what it's trying to accomplish and isn't turning into a vehicle for ads and datamining.

in 10.13 hfs will be replaced with apfs

Yeah, I know, I'm really looking forward to it. It's one of the biggest flaws of MacOS. My only other notable complaint, I think, is the lack of native NTFS write support. That gets in the way, and I wish they'd do something about it.

>he doesn`t have 20+ filesystems in his userspace

I standardized because large variations in filesystem annoyed me. For storage, the standard I settled on was ReFS (questionable choice, I know, but I'm not in a position to undo it at present), but I was stuck with HFS+ on MacOS, so there's that. The torrent server and the gaming box have NTFS.

That's as simple as I was able to get it. I would've done ZFS under Linux for speed and redundancy on my storage servers -- the added complication would have been worth the advantages -- but I have 25TB to store, and I'm not made of money.

It's still going to work, just that it won't be able to use the new power saving features since microsoft only wants to implement them in the win10 kernel and not win7.

I still don't consider XP to be dead, it's getting updates and has support for the programs I like to use.

How did you post this?
>using win2016 server to download website
>mailing the website legacy zip compressed via your Exchange server
>Looking at website in Visual Studio
>Paying south asians to post for you
Are you RMS proprietary twin?