What did Adobe mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

gimp.org/news/2016/07/13/gimp-2-9-4-released/
gui.gimp.org/index.php/GIMP_UI_Redesign
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They meant they needed to justify consumer spending somehow, so they added really shitty features.

PROFESIONAL SOFTWARE
INDUSTRY STANDARD

Holy shit at this point Krita rapes PS for drawing and might as well use GIMP if the UX gets destroyed by retardation like this
Will they ever adopt modern scaling instead of still using fucking bicubic in 2016? Instead we get some emoji bullshit that should be in Google Keyboard or something retarded

oh my gawd. My skin isnt that shade of brown
HOW DARE YOU NOT REPRESENT ME

>Tfw Photoshop didn't even do linear space transformations by default
Why can't the GIMP people redesign their garbage UI so I don't use PS anymore

how can krita beat PS if the brushes are really slow

GIMP needs to hire some firm to do actual user testing and improve their UX. Until they don't, they will not be able to break into the market. It's not enough to be as good as photoshop or any other software, but to be better.
And I desperately wish that they do, I want them to succeed.

Because that would mean admitting there is a problem with the UI. Everyone will tell you there isn't any problem and you're just used to PS.

It means murka is BLACKED.

Ps is not vector based krita is vector based u can't compare them. u can compare with illustrator

>krita is vector based
>u can compare with illustrator
And then there's this idiot

They're right. Image editors of that scale are so complicated that whatever you start using first gives you baby-duck syndrome.

That is too simplistic a view. That suggests that there are no improvements to be made in UI, either for GIMP or PS. PS is not perfect and is mired with a number of UX issues. Programs like pixelmator and affinity photo have tried to do things differently.
GIMP can use a lot of improvements independently of what PS is or does and it should. Unfortunately this hasn't happened and I see no direction from the GIMP team to suggest it will happen.
I applaud Krita's team in this regard. They have always listened to their users and it shows in their product. This is just my impression.

Just in case you didn't know, they are about to change the UI quite a bit: gimp.org/news/2016/07/13/gimp-2-9-4-released/

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

and a wiki entry
gui.gimp.org/index.php/GIMP_UI_Redesign
lots of UI/UX evaluation being done

skin colour modifiers are unicode

that there is no alternative on the professional sector so they can do as they like.

Thanks for pointing this out. I hope we see improvements in future versions.

The focus these days is on prototyping software with the arrival of Sketch. Now Adobe has been left behind and they're late to the market with XD.
PS is fairly safe and thus stagnant.

>lots of UI/UX evaluation being done
lol nevermind that stuff goes back to 2007