Unboxing the Just Arrived

It is here! The second-most-Sup Forums of all possible items!

thinkpad

An excellent guess! Not a thinkpad, but on the right track...

It is thinkpaddish....

...laptop main boards?

x62 boards. lucky faggot

x62 boards with the modern cpu slot?

even better. X62 motherboard.
i7-5600 upgrade for an X60. Yissss...

yup yup yup!

by any chance, do you know if these are going to be mass produced or if its just one chong having a good time by himself?

if the former, then I'd love to pick one up myself and have a sleeper laptop.
does it take higher capacity ram too, ddr3 or ddr4?

is it still a pain in the ass to buy?
i'm not trying to bombard you with questions man, but its just that if more of these are made, this solves the whole problem with the degradation in the quality of modern laptops, even the new thinkpads kind of suck

>by any chance, do you know if these are going to be mass produced or if its just one chong having a good time by himself?
One dude having a good time by himself. But you can still order one. Just use a Chinese forwarding agent (I used FreeShoppingChina) or add yourself to the Reddit group buy. Getting your own agent will be cheaper.

Takes DDR3 up to 32GB. And new Thinkpads absolutely suck.

thanks for answering, i guess i'll keep holding off until it becomes easier or i can find someone here willing to ship it to me after buying it themselves

hope you enjoy it, and i genuinely mean that too. i can only imagine that it will be the perfect laptop. how much ram you going to put in? SSD?

SSD and all 32GB, don't be silly :-) SXGA AFFS screen, LED backlight, custom batteries, custom keyboard, the works.

>i guess i'll keep holding off until it becomes easier or i can find someone here willing to ship it to me after buying it themselves
That's effectively what Jackie the reddit guy is doing.

muh dick

well, i see US in the top left corner, and i'm murrifat too

post pics when its all done, again, i'm not just saying the typical "thats cool" shit, am genuinely interested and have been ever since i saw the first pic of one

meant to add i'm too tired to keep this up, good night op.

sweet dreams little tyke

Yeah, it's too late tonight to connect and boot it up, but I'll test em both tomorrow.

If it's not dragon dildos then you're a faggot.

>willingly "upgrading" to intel ME botnet

>not knowing that Intel has been fucking us all along
"The underlying technology is not new and has been in place for more than 7 years" - Intel representative, when speaking about the built in 3G modem of vPro processors and every CPU after Sandy Bridge
I hate this fucking spying, it goes all the way down to the hardware level.

What's battery life on one of these kits op

How did you contact him?

Not him and i dont know, but given that its a low(er) power chip probably more then with a stock x series

Nevermind, just read the thread.

Bump

>builtin 3G modem
que? that's not what ME is