Am I one of the few people who thinks Windows 10 actually looks good?

Am I one of the few people who thinks Windows 10 actually looks good?

This is pretty comfy to use.

>few

No, but you are obviously mentally retarded.

I have no idea what makes you think that.

I sometimes think that windows 10 looks good but then I remember:
>always white scroll bar
>4 different right click menus
>high dpi scaling worse than gnome
>terrible fonts on low dpi
>mix of UWP and legacy windows apps, even out of the box

Weirdly enough, the scaling on Windows is much better than what I had on Linux with Gnome. I don't know why that is, but apparently it's not usually the case. The mix of UWP/Win32 apps can be jarring though, but it happens pretty rarely and when it does happens I explicitly want it to because I'm familiar with the older programs (e.g., regedit). The right click thing is tied to this as well. I read that they're pretty quickly (well, quickly for a platform that's been focused on backwards compatibility) deprecating all the Win32 stuff and replacing it with UWP. There's even a UWP file explorer now.

Even in OPs pic none of the title bars he shows match up to each other.
Also I doubt microsoft will be able to properly replace file explorer with UWP explorer. Im pretty sure they wont bother making file transfer screen UWP or maybe they wont be able to.

I really don't mind the borderless/all-black photo program. It would be nice if it matched your selected border color like every other program did, but oh well.

It's not exactly horrible, but 7 was more thematically consistent. Aero looked clean. 10 is the bastard child of the "next big thing" and old school Redmond that nobody wanted. It feels like a confused collaborative effort instead of a polished corporate product.

Thanks for proving my point.

Thanks for bumping the thread at least, I guess.

is this the new desktop thread

oops wrong picture (。>﹏

This guy knows what's up.

autism

>GUI with multiple personality disorder suffering from a bunch of different UI's stitched together like some Frankenstein monster
>giant shitty UI elements that are good for touchscreen faggots with fat fingers, yet which irritate any normal desktop users
>a company that spends tens of millions on development only to produce a segregated settings/customization system which is chaotically all over the place, in comparison to a bunch of fat virgin neckbeards working for free on Linus diarrhea who produce a uniform proper GUI that can be fully customized in 15 minutes from settings that are all in one place and simple to use and access

Yes, you are one of the few blind people who use a computer OP.

>being this desperate
jesus, not a single thread without you!

How do I get Sup Forums to look like that? That's clean and sexy.

>one border is completely black
>other is washed out green
Why

no op it's pretty good, used linux for 10 years it's still shit on desktop i'm 33 now still waiting linux be mature on desktop.

Here is a (you) so that you can get your $0.05 for this obvious shilling

It looks like shit in so many ways. So amateurish and rushed.

They should have gotten rid of window borders completely, even though it's probably there for compatibility with old win32 programs.
1px borders just looks like a shitty compromise and makes it look unfinished.

It looks horrible. I'm only using it for the better resource management and the DX12 meme. I have the system under lockdown and the ui/gui customized to avoid the horrible win10 ui design.

You're not alone
Too many Google shills around here

Nah, I'm with you OP.

If you remove all the fat colored tiles from the start menu, Windows 10 has a decent minimalist thing going for it.
I love the white-on-black taskbar, start menu, network applet, etc.
Miles better than any previous windows release, that's for sure.

does have some points tho
and windows will by nature never be able to win over muh lniucks configs

The flat color design is absolutely cancerous

I think it looks a bit plain.

I remember when Vista and Aero came out. It looked like crystals and my adolescent brain remembers the transition from XP as a fond one. It looked 'futuristic' to me. 8/8.1/10 looks plain, and unexciting. But that might also be my adult cynicism.

Yes, one px border look like fucking SHIT. Go for 4+px or 0.

bad thing about vista is that is looks so dumb in retrospect

How would I go about making my web browser like that?

Please sauce for this wallpaper

found it.

>a company that spends tens of millions on development only to produce a segregated settings/customization system which is chaotically all over the place, in comparison to a bunch of fat virgin neckbeards working for free on Linus diarrhea who produce a uniform proper GUI

>Linux
>uniform GUI
Holy fuck, I use Linux every day and this is just blatantly untrue. I wish I had an image smug enough to post, but this will have to do.