OpenSUSE

Why does Sup Forums have not love for OpenSUSE? Why when someone asks for distro recommendations no one ever mentions OpenSUSE, even though it has been around for a long time?

Other urls found in this thread:

opensuse.org/
suse.com/de-de/products/live-patching/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because RPM sucks.

In what ways?

yast is pretty cool.
openSUSE has one of the best german localizations I have seen in linux distros.
was the first distro I used but I moved on, still one I would recommend.

not the guy

they are good when they work
easy, simple

but once you go beyond common packages they tend to have high failure rate

anyway, before I found arch, the best linux experience I had in my noobie years were openSUSE with KDE 4 front end

member of the opensuse team here, and it stills surprises me that though we do massive efforts to bring it closer to the public by providing kick-ass software and support through forums, still they prefer ubuntu and (((Fedora)))

Why the brackets for (((Fedora)))? Is RH with (((them)))?

Rh is US,Army's largest partner, they literally do more for the US, than the aircraft companies. Although i agree Rh started out ideally, they have turned out really bad.

They suck microsoft cock

The Yast control panel is fucking ugly.

I tried to create a bootable USB stick but for some reason it never worked and I wasn't able to install it on my PC.

I'm currently using Ubuntu on my laptop.

like ubuntu and fedora, you guys need more paid shills

sorry user, I have to throw up every time I see YaST

does your mom empy your puke bucket
or do you just let it rip on your shirt?

this

I've just never really played around with it much, so I don't know what it has to offer. I've heard a lot of negative shit about it, but don't know how much of it is memes.

>but once you go beyond common packages they tend to have high failure rate
What?

because of germanics

/thread

you can't remove mono from opensuse

/fuck google

Sup Forums hates anything that isn't arch linux or gentoo.

I have been a Kubuntu user at home for a long time now. I know OpenSUSE is much better, but I simply can't get myself to switch.

Because it has the worse performance out of all distros.

let me guess, you saw some phoronix graphs?

daily reminder:
Michael Larabel is the principal author of Phoronix.com and founded the site in 2004 with a focus on enriching the Linux hardware experience. Michael has written more than 10,000 articles covering the state of Linux hardware support, Linux performance, graphics drivers, and other topics. Michael is also the lead developer of the Phoronix Test Suite, Phoromatic, and OpenBenchmarking.org automated benchmarking software. He can be followed via Twitter or contacted via MichaelLarabel.com.

Frankly, the community treats using SUSE more as joining a cult than as learning & using a distro. Hardly the only distro to commit that sin, but it's annoying as all fuck.

Visit their main web page, and it's about the most autistically useless website on the Internet:
- opensuse.org/

Whenever I need to rage, I visit that page and watch it dance & jerk around my monitor until I get seasick. You need to find their wiki and forum and learn to speak their local dialect of Welcome To Our Cult.

Once you get past that, then it's Yet Another Mature Linux Distro. Great stability for what it is, and many options to install a lot of productive software so long as you have no fucks to give about freedoms. If you are a Stallman, set aside some triggering time to track down and remove all non-freedoms ... in which case you might as well go full Stallman and Gnu plus linux or linux from scratch.

Back in the late 1990s/early 2000s, I actually bought retail packaged SUSE several times just to make sure I was supporting one of the good early distros. However, they kept upping the version number every few months and wouldn't honor any of the licenses I'd purchesed previously ... so, about the 4th or 5th time I had to shell out $100 in a 30 month period or so I moved on. By the time they went openSUSE I didn't have any fucks left to give about their fucking obtuse lizardspeak when I just wanted to linux.

So, yeah, someone who wants to Ubuntu can openSUSE and it's about the same. I personally don't really recommend either because both try to rope you into their cult, which is exactly the opposite of what it means to linux and fuck whatever name of the distro or desktop you're using ... I just want the machine to fucking linux.

It's ironically fitting you used pepelinux for OP related, because the SUSE community really did meme itself into a Sup Forums-like sekrit klubhaus handshake society at the expense of keeping it non-retarded and professional.

dumb frogposter

Tumbleweed just isn't right for you brah.

It has live kernel patching, which is gud

You're telling me it provides a service absolutely for free that Red Hat, Canonical etc. charge for?

nvm I looked it up and it's the same shit

suse.com/de-de/products/live-patching/

they also charge

So I guess fedora, RHEL, and CentOS also suck

correct

Hahaha, what are you? Can you at least not do this? Wow, it's 2016 or 1941? We cool guys all use arch, are you even a hacker or just, wow, please just stop or now. Wow. You literally a Hitler.

opensuse is german, that's why

Keep on the good work guise!