Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_mirror
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

too few leds to even be relevant.

it creates the feeling of a deep void approaching an abyss

like when hillary is elected?

Tacky.

Parlor tricks: the case

Meh. I wouldn't do it to my computer case, but I would do it to my end table.

i think the PC case must be dimming the LEDs as they approach the back. I don't think your pic is doing that.

It's an optical illusion

You can't dim the LEDs into the reflection. Depending on what tint you use depends on how "deep" the mirror looks. The darker the tint the "deeper" the effect.

my fucking nigger

dimming would be an alternative means of achieving the same thing that would be just as effective if not more so.

The R4's front panel IO is totally fucked.

it's a boring case to begin with

Dimming has an effect, but tint is the primary driving factor.

Back to your containment board

You people are the worst.

>wanting a case to be "exciting"

Cuck.

it's better than the alternative

Why not hide the case from the view?

The front panel is really cool, even if it's gaudy as all hell.

I think the internals really suck though. It's just a standard ATX tower. To release a case with a front panel as innovative as that and not even include a PSU shroud is mind boggling.

The interior of the super cheap Phanteks P400 is way more modern. PSU and drive cages in the basement, clear open chamber up top.

How does it work. Might do it to something else tho. Looks kinda cool

more than likely overpriced trash

you can make that effect yourself with some glass, a mirror, clear film and the led kit of your preference

There's a regular mirror with LEDs mounted on it, then a two-way mirror above it. The LEDs bounce off both mirrors creating the diminishing effect, which we see because the outside mirror is two-way.

if you want your case to be anything other than completely silent you are a ricing faggot.

>Not caring about how a piece of furniture looks

Does your furniture have LEDs and acrylic windows?

Most furniture isn't technology, which is why PC cases provide a unique opportunity.

I study interior design

That is fucking cool. Fucking cool.

you seem to be forgetting the fact that you couldn't see the LEDs with the guts of the pc in the way you fucks. Who just builds a box with so many LEDs in it, dimming it slightly by each row just to make you think something that's not an optical illusion is?

What is the point in doing this?

So how do these things work?
Is the 'window' side a one-way mirror?

best case coming through.

Mine does.

Maybe the point is to have something that doesn't look like a computer/computer case? Maybe they think it looks good. Maybe they don't want to see the guts.

>boring fucking black box
>"""""furniture"""""
OP's case is a little bit tacky, but I like it. I have a dedicated room for this kind of crap anyways.

I'm disappointed their new mATX cases don't have a single external drive bay. I might as well go μITX, given that I'm not going to be using 2 GPUs.

>weights a ton
>90s case size
still i like the case. simple and quit. ten years ago I wouldnt bought it. today it does its job.

what's your wife's son doing this weekend?

Yes, that's exactly how it works.

It'd honesty be pretty easy to rig up on any case with a flat front panel.

Their brand new Define C is better.

what is this modern trend of ATX sized cases having very few 3.5" drive bays?

those steel feet and retarded blue LED really ruin it
if you had real "taste" you wouldn't be building with shitty gaymer parts anyway, get over yourself

The majority of users don't use more than two HDDs. HDD capacity is so plentiful that having a shitload of drives doesn't really make sense anymore.

I like the trend of hiding a drive cage under the PSU shroud. It's better than just having a bunch of naked racks for drives. It also means that if you want to put a reservoir or radiator in the front you don't have to remove ALL of the drives, like you do with some cases (looking at you Phanteks).

I guess ive cucked myself by having 5x2tb drives in my case

>window
You must be over the age of 18 to post here.

There's a non-windowed version available, the windowed version was just the first thing that popped up when I googled it. Try harder next time.

computer case comshmuter case

>biggest board on Sup Forums
>containment
really triggered electrical pulses in my synapses

it would look so bad when the led starts to die out individually

happened to my mechanical kb

faggot

I hope not

The G symbol ruins it for me

>all those tiny 1080 monitors instead of one decent one

Not really.

Assuming you're running them in RAID 5 (and if you aren't WTF) you're getting 8TB of usable space out of five drives.

While you can use larger drives to condense that down, the only way to get 8TB of space with redundancy in two drives is with RAID 1, which would use two 8TB drives. If you want to use RAID 5 you would need 3x4TB, which costs about the same as 5x2 but still exceeds the two 3.5" design that is becoming standard. Silverstone has a case with three drives buried in the basement but the rest of it seems pretty shitty, while Phantek's mid tower designs have two hidden but space for additional expansion in the main chamber.

People who need assloads of storage (more than a single 4-10TB drive) have a NAS box set up to handle those needs because the operating systems and filesystems used on NASes are far, far better at storing tons of files and keeping them uncorrupted than your typical desktop OS is. Trusting a desktop setup with long term storage of more than a couple TB of data is a huge mistake.

>my game spot
kys yourself

>Sup Forums
>biggest board on Sup Forums

why should he be keeping all of those turned on at all times? it's stupid, with or without raid

FACT: FD makes the best looking cases.

it's not the biggest but it's one of the high traffic boards

>black block is the best look

literally cant be beat

>Hillary Clinton
>being a relevant candidate

This is a proper man's case.

Back to your containment board

>I want my computers to look like a mini transformer

Reminds me of Manhattan's in Redcar.

I appreciate how little space these take up, and the case design is cool, but internal cables are enough of a PITA with an ATX mid-tower. Getting everything fitting cleanly in something that small would drive me mad, and replacing or upgrading anything with that case is going to be way more involved than it has any right to be.

Are you and your lad gaymerz then?

I like the R5 way better

how does that shit work? where are the components?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_mirror

>Retard doesn't know how mirrors work

Meh, looks tacky as fuck from the side. OP's pic is just a good angle.

whatever, nerd

>have to use water cooling because air cooling is absolute dogshit
>no dust filters included in >$200 case
lmao

Define S master race.

RAID 5 is outdated and downright harmful on small arrays of high capacity drives. In the event of a drive failure, the array rebuild can take days, putting the whole array at risk.

If you need redundancy, RAID 1 or 10 is the safe bet, but for home use just a backup solution is plenty.

I just assumed he was using RAID 5 because of the odd number of drives he has. And I only floated the 3x4 suggestion with RAID 5 because I'd seen a case with three hidden drives. 4x4 in RAID 10 would definitely be the ideal for 8TB.

A figured something like that.

that doesn't make sense

Yes it does, you're just a moron.

you mean moran

Matte black define r5 for the win

fail

What's wrong with a matte black box?

JUICY

it looks like a portal

will i retrieve my hardware when i reopen it?

>no 5.25" external bay

How do you get the acrylic panel? I made this table out of a puzzle (pic is before) but the acrylic panel I ordered online was slightly too small. Came out good though, just has a small gap from the panel to the wood moulding. Going to fill it in the clear caulk and hope for the best.

Thank you for correcting the record.

Current best case

Fractal Design S Or Nano S if you want dat ITX

>window

R
I
C
E

Then buy the one w/o window fgt

>mATX

this

The case he posted supports ATX.