Why the fuck do we need so many messaging apps???

why the fuck do we need so many messaging apps???

YES I AM FUCKING MAD

Because multiple people and companies want a share of that market, then each of them offer yet another goddamn messaging app with "super special features"

Because there's lot of data to sold and I would imagine that it's easier to break trough with messaging app than trying to compete with facebook.

Here in europe we only use whatsapp.

Why do you need so many grocery stores? I have five different grocery stores in my small residential area god damn it.

All of them can go to hell besides WhatsApp and signal.

Especially Kakao and Line holy fucking shit.

Anyone here has experience using riot/the matrix network?

Theres an xkcd for this

Plus Facebook messenger, and an occasional oldfag viber user mostly because it supported calls before whatsapp did and they're too lazy to switch.
Honestly you don't need anything more than fb messenger.
>texts
>calls
>group chat
>"encrypted" texts
What else would you need? Everyone uses Facebook anyway, so it's not like you'll find someone who doesn't have an account there. The only thing it lacks is a group call option.

>Everyone uses Facebook anyway
I don't

I can't wait for Riot/Matrix to become stable so I can abandon Telegram forever

Either you're lying or a friendless autist

Not that guy, but what are you even doing on Sup Forums with naive opinions like that?

please tell me that this is just an awful bait. if not, you have serious mental problems

I have been desperately trying to integrate them into my weechat client to try and stay sane. I am always on my comp so it breaks my workflow to leave my keyboard and pick up my phone. Currently working through setting up an IRC gateway for hangouts to talk to my roommate, and I am emailling kik about plugin development so I can talk to this girl

I am never gonna connect FBM though. Zuckerburg has my infor from when I was young and clueless, but he can tear my VPS info from my cold, dead hands

yep, Europe is Whatsapp land

What part of Europe? Brazil?

Snapchat is stupid and will die pretty soon.

Whatsapp is basically the synonym of messaging everywhere except from the US.

Viber is popular in africa for some reason.

Skype is dying.

Line, lol...

Nothing pisses me of more than the 2 cucks in my contacts that swear by the life of their children on viber. (tried to switch them to whatsapp but they start freaking out because they're below normie standards)

There is an xkcd for everything that has ever been said on Sup Forums.

Speak for yourself. Everyone I know uses snapchat too.
Also
>he uses whatsapp instead of telegram
pleb

He's right though. Nowadays you basically NEED facebook to keep in touch with everyone if you're a social person and also if you travel a lot.

What's wrong with LINE?

It's some bullshit. Management likes slack, team uses telegram, and our IT department uses whatsapp. I want to punch babies.

>Nowadays you basically NEED facebook to keep in touch with everyone
I can't believe that you're this dumb

>literally incapable of accessing the phone function on his phone

1. Use what other people use
2. Don't use anything else
3.?????

Americans are so fucking retarded. Go back to SMS

Why don't people just use text messaging?

You can do videos and talk through there.

Skype is the only other real good one for one on one talking.

>Snapchat is stupid and will die pretty soon.

I hope so.

I've been using Signal. It has encrypted texts and phone calls, media sending, and disappearing messages.

And it's doesn't want the blood of your first-born in the permissions.

WhatsApp is the most popular messenger in all countries of Europe. And 90% of the other countries.

>
>>Nowadays you basically NEED facebook to keep in touch with everyone
>I can't believe that you're this dumb

Not him.

I was dragged kicking and screaming to Facebook because nobody uses the "old" technology anymore. Because Facebook's solution to "one stop shopping" for email, public messages, and chat is "good enough" for most people in spite of the data-mining. I don't want to be on Facebook, but if I want to be updated on the current events of my irl friends without calling them individually every fucking day, I have to check their facebook statuses.

I entirely dislike Facebook, but the tech-illiterates that insist on talking there have forced me to migrate over, even though I prefer the holy trinity of email, usenet, and IRC.

Kakao is god of messenger apps

>unencrypted communication

nice try, NSA