If you dare

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BitsAndChipsEng/status/768039156580769792
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i5-6400 @ 4.3Ghz

t. doesn't game master race

Well, why not

i7-3630qm in ThinkPad T430

A bit long in tooth, but still pretty up there.

wait how did my 2600K bench higher than yours, even though you've got an extra 240MHz on me

The MHz isn't everything, kiddo. Hence why a 1.5GHz PentiumM will outperform a 2.4GHz Pentium 4.

when it's the same fucking CPU it does.

background processes.

Unless you've booted into safemode without networking, you're likely running more than you strictly have to be running in order to complete the benchmark as it is.

yeah i had a bunch of other shit open

In the grand scheme of things my laptop is midrange

Pretty decent for a laptop

I'm sure someone will come in and dethrone me later, but feels good up here.

whats your ram? I have this issue every time I benchmark it, other people have high scores at a lower clock speed (I have good cooling so its not throttling)

did you overclock cache?

(I'm at 4.5hz btw)

3200MHz DDR4 16-18-18-38

Cache isn't OC'd.

I have most all background processes disabled because otherwise I'd have ~10-15% CPU usage from my constant continuous backup I have running that encrypts and uploads my files offsite as I work.

Fight me

>AMD

JUST

I'll overclock it eventually

hmm I guess the main difference is I didn't bother turning off programs and have shitting 2400mhz ram that usually runs at 2133mhz because its xmp profile is fucked.

XMP profile is fucked on mine unless I manually adjust the CPU S/A voltage.

And the benchmark score?

>doesn't beat a 5820k with half as many cores.
wow that's actually a bit disappointing.

And relative to a 5960X. It's the same architecture just with a 50% lower clockspeed and 50% more cores. I don't know why my score changes every time

Here is my cinebench

>tfw can't bclk haswell

>kirin

BROTHER

Sadly mine wont go past 400BLCK because there are no PCI locks on this thing.

Hi

If I understand the meaning of that face, it's an engineering sample E5-2658v3, and ES CPUs don't say their model numbers

Top of the line.

40% weaker single thread

10% stronger multi thread

I'm amused by the piss poor performance. It's supposed to be 12 core 24 thread monster, but it's beaten in single core AND multicore by a 5820k which cost ~$350 new in box with a warranty.
No ES needed.

About the only advantage it has is ECC.

Same as
Core2Duo performance. LEL the "i7" part sure fooled people.

What mobo?

amazing, desktop processor beats an mobile cpu

you really think i bought my thinkpad because "i7 so it must be super powerful and best"?

M5A99X evo r2.0.

Hint: i'm running it waaaaay out of spec. I've actually strapped the fan from the stock cooler to the back of the motherboard to provide additional cooling to the vrms/socket.

Well considering it's a 35w laptop CPU vs an originally 65w desktop CPU which has been overclocked so it's likely using ~90-120w.

looks pretty shit for the C2D considering it's only ~3 years older.

First of all, there's a 4 year difference between those two CPU.

Second of all, you'd be lying to yourself and to Sup Forums if you didn't glance at the i7 and had some higher preconceived notion about performance than i5 or i3 or generic pentium.

Man I am worried if I ever should OC my CPU, I am using a simple msi 970 gaming mobo.
Same CPU as you btw.

Q3 '07 to Q1 '11 isn't 4 years. It's 3 and a half.

You really seem to be missing DESKTOP vs LAPTOP.

They are totally different classes of products.

You can do the same comparison today with a desktop i5 and a laptop i7 if you want.

This was $180. It was beaten by less than 3% in multi core for roughly half the price, stay mad

nigger, if this thinkpad would be a i5 model i wouldnt care, i would have bought it anyway. this was simply the best deal of the thinkpads there were on sale at the moment when i got it few years ago, cpu wasnt really a deciding factor since an i5 model would do everything i do on this just as fine. why do you seem to think that the reason i got this is the "i7" label on the processor?

That board is good for 4.5ghzish with an E processor. Its when you start going above that do you really need to start slamming the voltage up. I guesstimate - assuming you can cool the chip and have decent airflow in your case - you might be able to do 4.5ghz on 1.3v or so.

As long as you keep testing and increase the multiplier and voltage slowly you won't damage anything. Its idiots that decide 5ghz or bust and slam 1.5v through their chip from the get-go that nuke everything. I know i'm running my motherboard out of spec and as such am prepared to see it all explode.

Kek, without a warranty and used, and inconsistent pricing based on availability from chinkland. They currently go for ~$200.

Not to mention, you never actually own an ES, since you never bought it legally and never can.

Where I got my 5820k for $310 including a $20 overclocking warranty which lets me OC as much as I want and get a FREE replacement if I break it from OCing.

>less than 3% in multi core
Yeah but double the single core.

Which as you probably know, for 98% of all users is going to be their primary concern.

Most people don't use anything that will actively use 12 cores, however everyone does things that will use single core performance, so having 2x the single core performance would make it pretty obvious just from using the CPUs side by side which felt quickest, it would be the 5820k by a mile.

>Ver 1.74.0.x64
>fight me

Update first, your version is months old and benchmarks have changed.

>as such am prepared to see it all explode.
Well I respect you for your bravery I suppose.

Hopefully zen will save us

If what bits and chips claim is true zen is going to be very interesting indeed. Having a superior SMT implementation than what Intel has would be a massive, massive win (though I doubt it will come anywhere close to IBM's version though).

twitter.com/BitsAndChipsEng/status/768039156580769792

ZEN WHEN? WILL AMD SAVE MY COMPUTER?

EVEN THIS PIECE OF SHIT, IT'S BETTER THAN MY CPU

>tfw laptops are faster than my shit now

5820k supports ECC if your board does.

180 for a potentially broken processor that you don't own lmaooo

I want to get off the wait train. Zen is the last stop.

>Doesn't game
>Still uses Windows
What's your excuse?

I don't know Jack Shit about programming, grubs, init-dev-root, or whatever shit is needed for linux. Plus I use several Windows-only softwares, and I don't want to use an emulator.

6700k.

Protip: graphics cards are overrated

>4ghz
>1.464v

Christ almighty up the clocks or lower the voltage man.

Just noticed that. 1.46v @ 4Ghz is really high. If you mess around you could probably push that down close to 1.4v or maybe even lower. Lower voltage = lower heat.

I think this is the highest single core in the thread.

Seems like it. It's overclocked to 4.6Ghz btw.

I'm gonna do a quick test to see if my 6400 can reach close to that number.

My 5820k can reach ~2200 @ 4.7GHz but that's basically it's limit.

But at the time I bought the 5820k was $30 cheaper than the 6700K for me so meh.

Contributing to the sample.

Only reasons for the lower score I can think of are slower RAM and cheaper mobo.

>1.35v
>4.3GHz

1.35v can get me 4.5Gzhz+ with 4.3GHz I don't even need 1.3v

Also I assume you're doing other things because that single core score should be at least ~1800+ the score your showing would be if it were clocked around 3GHz.

Check 'em

Haven't tested the stability yet, just upped my voltage little by little till I was able to boot/do this test.

I'll revert back to 4.4 for my comfort zone, soon after.

Think I just didn't get the best chip or the mobo can't hack it. Oh well, got it on sale.

Good old C2D.

8 year old Thinkpad W500, still good for everything I need from a computer.

OK

I'm in the same boat. Just waiting for ZEN.

Nice CPU improvements, goy

get on my level bitch niga

Cheapest quad core mobile ivy bridge CPU shits all over the most recognizable desktop SB CPU.
That's some top quality kek right here.

get rekt. Even IB CPU with lower TDP is better. Kek.

It iz what it iz mane.

how did she do?

6700k @1.3v have pushed it to 4.8ghz @1.38v and its stable just higher temps.

Pretty dank.

i7 3770k still hanging with the best of them

Dem temps.

still going strong

>an i7 performs better than an i5
Are you saying this is false?
That he would have been better off with an i5 2420m instead?

Wow 4.5GHz at 1.16V. My 3570k needs 1.3V for that.

DAT voltage.

Dem voltage. What's your cooling system?

I don't feel bad about my 3570k anymore.

you think thats a bad voltage?
running this since release

It's horrible, dude. Intel says never exceed 1.4V.

Big difference there senpai.

FYI they changed the benchmark in 1.74, the version I had in the previous screenshot but I'm sure you knew that.