What is the most promising javascript-based operating system?

What is the most promising javascript-based operating system?

runtimejs.org

toptal.com/nodejs/nodeos-the-javascript-based-operating-system

github.com/charliesome/jsos/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OJ8BvXAzPe0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

At last I truly see.

no, please, don't do this

NodeOS IMO.

also why are autists so triggered by JS?

It's a bad language meant to be run inside a sandboxed browser. Outside of it's sanboxed environment it's basically a shittier version of Python.

the language is very good

>javascript-based operating system

y tho

shit is running pretty far from the metal

You laugh today, but tomorrow you will have a user space javascript runtime running all the time in your system.

Native C/C++ code will not be compiled, it will be transpiled to ASM.js and run on top of the JS runtime of the system.

Screencap this shit

Maybe you will.

No.

Why does everyone shit of JS? Is it because of no typing?

Lagfest

Yes
>c-cuck got btfo

It is good only when it's used for the purpose it's created for.
You don't use eyes to open beer bottles, don't you?

>high level language code gets translated to very high level language code to be translated into binary
why

Did you discover programming 10 minutes ago? You're a massive retard.

>You're a massive retard.

Thanks but you did not answer. By that logic you could also be a massive retard.

>javascript-based operating system?
seriously, this is a thing now?
java script is way to slow for games, yet it is supposedly good enough for an OS..
No one believes that

Because it is SLOW AS FUCK

>someone says they don't know something and ask about it
>"you're a massive retard"
Calm down dude.

>the language is very good
No, it really isn't... It even fails at it's main task as people use it to do code execution trough the browser all the time.

you don`t understand it`s beauty
but it can be done fast

No, it's shit.

t. JS dev

that picture tho

>but it can be done fast
With the growth of the internet and halt of Moore's law hardware and power consumption costs for non-trivial software have begun passing developer manhour costs. For shit that matters writing it in C/C++/Go/(Rust?) will result in less money spent in the long run rather than using a less developer-intensive but slower language like JS.

Because one day JS runtimes will be faster than compiled code.

How is Rust nowadays? I gave it a try about 2 years ago, but honestly it was massively confusing for me

>that pic is literally numales

Rust is my favorite C-like compiled language, the compiler is still very green, and the dev community is infested by useless SJWs, to the point I think the language might be forked.

How do SJWs affect a language design? I know about the "why aren't the philosophers females" but besides that.

>First, let’s install a text editor called Hipster so we can create and edit files
>Hipster
DROPPED

Is this the real life?

In principle nothing, they just nuke the repos with git commits with "Changed the pronoun 'he' in x line for a gender neutral phrasing" and that kind of stupid stuff.

The other problem is that the Rust project is sponsored by Mozilla, so you get the idiotic "boycott Mozilla" army of SJW in Rust.

And that's basically the problem you have SJWs harassing devs that just try to work. As a result some devs have left, there is a disproportional amount of political drama in the small Rust community.

That's why I think it will be forked (I vote for the triggering name of "Lust").

>Implying eyes aren't good for opening beer bottles
youtu.be/OJ8BvXAzPe0

What's the t. stand for?

this desu senpai

It's saying he's a js dev

Let me think.. how about no?