Motherboards without useless crap/building a new pc

My PC at home is slowly dying and im looking to get a new one.
I do a lot of work in cinema 4d/adobe suite and when im not working im either playing games or making music.

The new rig im planning:
>Core i7-6850K 3,6 GHz (Broadwell-E)
>be quiet! Silent Loop 240mm
>EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0, 2-Way SLI
>Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4-3000, CL15 4x 16GB
>Samsung 960 PRO NVMe SSD, PCIe 3.0 M.2 Typ 2280 - 512 GB
>Samsung 850 PRO Series SSD, SATA 6G - 1 TB
>2x Seagate Enterprise HDD, SATA 6G, 7200RPM, 1 TB

The only thing im not sure about is the motherboard and case.
I was considering ASUS Rampage V Edition 10, Intel X99, RoG - Sockel 2011-V3, but it has a lot of useless crap i won't ever need.
For example, the "SupremeFX Hi-Fi USB DAC + SupremeFX Audio" that comes with the mobo is useless for me as im using an external sound interface to plug in my microphones/headphones/speakers/anything audio.

What motherboard&case would you guys use?

Just shut up and take it like the little consumer whore you are.

Get the X99-A-2

X99 Deluxe ? You should still get the R5E if you can afford it, for the OC headroom and solid power delivery if nothing else. Also why the 6850k ? Are 28 PCIe lanes not enough for you ?

DESU senpai you should get a Xeon E5-2630v4. Same Boardwell-E, same socket, same ram compatibility, 300Mhz lower boost clock, $600 cheaper.

>it has a lot of useless crap i won't ever need.

If you don't use it then what's the problem?

You're kinda shit outta luck since one of the benefits of the X99 is more features on the motherboards.

If I was going to buy an X99 motherboard right now it would be the MSI X99A SLI Plus. It's flat black with no faggot shit.

Locked multiplier, though.

I have no idea why you would get the x99 platform but if you must why not the X99-E WS?

Asus Z170-A

>I have no idea why you would get the x99 platform
Because it's not shit? Because quad channel memory and processors with more than 4 cores? Soldered IHS instead of shit TIM? Come on.

>Because it's not shit?

And yet you complain about all the useless shit that comes with an "enthusiast" platform.

If you are going to spend that much on your (I assume workstation) system why not get the c612 platform like a Z10PE-D16 WS or whatever.

Like OP knows anything about multipliers.

I'm not OP, retard. You wouldn't get C612 because no one makes a C612 board you can overclock.

>2016
>where is your SupremeFX you peasant?

>Also why the 6850k ? Are 28 PCIe lanes not enough for you ?
I was mostly looking to get good VCs, good storage and quiet cooling.
I only have mediocre hardware knowledge, so i was looking at what other people were getting in that price range and asking some friends that work in IT and it came to that one.

I use a lot of cinema 4d/adobe suite at work, and my 4 year old rig at home can only handle PS/AI (indesign not so much).

I was saving for a new rig and i just got a 5k euro bonus at work so i want to get something superior which i can use for work projects (cinema4d/adobe suite) and for private stuff (producing&recording in ableton/pro tools, games)

So it needs to:
>run Cinema4D, Adobe Suite and Ableton/Pro tools smoothly
>have fast storage, backups (that's why the 2 HDDs)
>quiet cooling (be quiet! silent loop)
>good for games (current pc runs most games on low/medium)

>EVGA Geforce GTX 1080
>Spends 3000$ on PC
>Doesn't know that EVGA fucked up this time

> my 4 year old rig at home can only handle PS/AI (indesign not so much).

InDesign is more demanding than Photoshop and Illustrator?

>You wouldn't get C612 because no one makes a C612 board you can overclock.

No shit. The platform is built for stability. Who needs to overclock when you have 2 CPU sockets and a huge selection of 4+ core xeons.

x99 was made to leech money from retards who think paying a huge premium for ugly plastic and LEDs are a path to gaymur cred.

> Who needs to overclock

People using Adobe software, which heavily favors higher clock speeds.

Because not everything is multithreaded and can benefit from very high clock speeds. No stock E5 even turbos past 3.8GHZ or something. You can over clock the 1600 series but then we go back to X99.

On my PC at home just opening InDesign takes longer than opening any large PS project... and 1/3rd of the times it opens just to crash a few seconds later.

Before we had Mac Pro's at work, the iMac's always took a bit longer to open indesign. But on the Mac Pro every Adobe program takes pretty much the same ammount of time to open.

Huh, wouldn't have figured. Interesting.

Yea 2 hard drives in your computer is not a backup. You want a backup server like a NAS with redundant storage, or even better a pooled checksumming file system, and cold storage which you can do on hard drives or Blu-ray.

I have to say, Blu-ray is basically too small for routine backup anymore.

You hardly ever build with less than 500GB of storage in a box nowadays. That's what, 10x the space you can fit on a Blu-ray? If your routine backup covers everything you've got, that's pain time, and impossible to automate without a carousel or other changing device.

I still use BDR for specialty backups. Selected files I can't lose. But that's not weekly, or even monthly. And it's not automated.

We've got those at work, i don't really need that at home.
The SSD for my current projects and the 2 HDDs as backups for my private projects would be enough. Im backing up the more important files externally too, im paranoid since i once transfered 800gb files on an external drive without backing it up elsewhere, just to find out next week that the external HDD died.

in that case which other 1080's ?
> Inno3D GeForce GTX 1080 iChill X3, 2-Way SLI
>2x GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming Z 8G, 8192 MB GDDR5X
>2x ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX O8G Gaming, 8192 MB GDDR5X

you dont want a nas for backup. to many encryption ransomwares hit them, you want a usb3 hdd, 2 of them, and learn some discipline.

anything you cant lose, get on a usb drive and dvd/bluray.

If you don't want cool shit on your motherboard, just buy a Supermicro board in the Intel chipset of your choice.

Asus X99-E WS
Asrock X99-WS
GA-X99-Designare EX
MSI X99A Workstation

Their quality control isn't great, but if you do a burn in test, your fine. You'll know if you've got a bad one pretty quickly.

If you DO go for super micro, spend the extra $20 and get the model with IPMI. It's literally the thing I miss the most when I'm at home, since everything at work has it.

Define r5 windowless, great case, sound insulation is great, it's not too big a case, but it has ample room for your components and cable management is good with grommets and cable runs