Who was the real genius behind Apple: Jobs or The Woz?

Who was the real genius behind Apple: Jobs or The Woz?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ZQVlgfEAc
youtube.com/watch?v=ShH4krMuWlQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Me

it was woz who made everything

steve just took credit

Jobs was the the visionary or the genius
Woz was just another engineer going great job, but he would never bring the company to what it is now

Definitely Jobs. Woz was the techie guy, but was too autistic to make apple such a big company. Jobs might have been an asshole but still, a great mind

>Woz was the the master-engineer or the technical genius
>Jobs was just another marketer going great job, but he would never bring the company to what it is now

>Definitely Woz. Jobs was the artsy guy, but was too dumb to make apple such a big company. Jobs might have been an asshole but still, an asshole

>Sup Forums
>preferring Jobs over Woz

Have I entered the twilight zone?

Everyone knows engineers create. Let the Apple-zealots believe their failed art student was """visionary""" while employing the absolute best people to design & create the actual tech.

not everyone on Sup Forums is aspie anime loving faggot that denies basic facts

There is no prefering. This is the truth. Apple couldn't have made it without Jobs. Woz was immportant but not crucial. Jobs was fired from Apple and created NeXT and then helped pixar out. Woz was just a software engineer. Afet Jobs came back, he made Apple a collossus without Woz's help

Both to be honest. Without Woz, Jobs would have had nothing to push. Without Jobs, Woz would never have had such a large company. They worked as a team, and they were efficient. They may have had their differences, but neither hated the other for the way things turned out.

Woz made the early hardware. Jobs made the company it is today.

One lived a rich life, other lived a neet one.

One's dead, others fat.

Woz was the engine. Steve was the cover.

>There is no prefering. This is the truth. Apple couldn't have made it without Woz. Job was immportant but not crucial. Jobs was rightfully fired from Apple and created the failed NeXT and then helped pixar out. Jobs was just a persuasive art student. Afet Jobs came back, he made Apple a collossus without Woz's help, but with the help of thousands of designers and engineers that Woz accomplished on his own

ftfy

Whoever threw the language patterning into their adverts.

jobs.
apple is most famous for their GUIs
Woz left Apple way before that
without Lisa/Macintosh apple won`t be here

Jobs.

Jobs literally saved Apple in the late 90s. And it had been glorious up until he died. Woz didn't really do shit but rake in the benefits decades after working there for a few years.

Woz all the way. The only way Steve gets credit is by employing the best people from their field and stealing ideas from others. Steve was a prick that deserves waaaay less credit than he is given.

you must be a fatty edgelord.
For a comany to succeed, the CEO must make the right choices. If you pick the right engineers, you will succeed, if not, then you bankrupt. This is how things work

>Jobs literally saved Apple in the late 90s.

You mean your god Jobs did a deal with Microsoft to pull them outta the grave. It was Microsoft that saved Jobs/Apple.

>For a comany to succeed, the CEO must make the right choices

Yea Jobs sure made ALLLL the right choices, that must be why Apple sacked him eh? Then, returns to Apple, gets Microsoft to bail it out, and then rips off an MP3 player and the rest is history.

Yes, he had to make a deal. But right now Apple is much larger than MS, so what is your point.

Jobs made the deal, Jobs (((saved))) Apple. There is no saving, WHEN THERE ARE MUTUAL BENEFITS AND MONEY TALKS, all want to win

My point is Jobs isn't a savior. Microsoft is the savior of Apple. It just took Jobs to swallow his vastly over-inflated ego and do what he did often: be a shameless hypocrite that takes credit where it isn't due.

i think they're probably equally important. jobs was the master businessman, woz was the master engineer. without woz, apple probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere during the early years. then later on in the 90s and forward, steve job's business sense made apple something special.

Look you do know that you can't just throw money at x-company and hope they do well. Jobs had to make the right decisions with said money and he did. I mean without him you idiots wouldn't even have.

-shitty Android knockoffs basically smartphones, you still be using fucking Nokia shit and praise how awesome it is
-HiDPI screens
-laptops that aren't 1.5 inches thick
-etc.

>Look you do know that you can't just throw money at x-company and hope they do well. Jobs had to make the right decisions with said money and he did.

No shit. A CEO having to swallow his pride and go cap in hand to his "enemy" and ask for a bailout. Ha! If he was half competent it wouldn't have got to that stage. I wonder why Apple was in such bad shape? Could it have been it was, CRAP?

> I mean without him you idiots wouldn't even have.

Yeah, and without 100s of years of science and advancement, Xerox et al. you Macbabies wouldn't have had all your shit you proclaim was """innovated""" at Apple HQ.

We can play what came first all night.

Postan more "Jobs is a dick" pics

'

#

what a god

i miss him so much...

Complete fucking dick of a person. No wonder people hate Apple when this human garbage was their """"""""""""""""leader"""""""""""""""

Why do you hate this based man?

Would never have worked without both of them. Woz needed to make the things and Jobs needed to sell the things.

Apple is slowly going to shit now. OSX is still the best desktop OS and their hardware is still solid, but their latest products are user-hostile. They now make dongles and dongle accessories.

If only Jobs hadn't been a fucking retard in his last few years and used actual medical procedures against his cancer instead of organic snake oil. He would never have let things get to this.

he changed the world forever, who gives a shit about employee #703's feelings

that's the point, though. Any one engineer can't do a whole lot. At best, a good engineer can do the work of 10 (and that's a serious upper bound) other engineers. Plenty of tech companies have HUNDREDS of good engineers and still have done nothing close to what apple has done. This is why CEOs are paid so much. A good one can make an otherwise average company, a bad one can break an otherwise good company.

>rich insufferable asshole no one actually liked, die of cancer, replaced by a literal faggot
>jolly plump nerd that has unlimited money to mess around with technology all day

Sounds like Woz won in the end.

Jobs for sure, Woz was a good programmer with nice ideas, there are many of those.
Jobs was a fucking genius

Jobs basically secured the funding for the company from zero to a few milions. Without his psychopathic skills there would have never been Apple.

And even so, Jobs got lucky, Apple would have never become a big company if it weren't for a change in culture which happened by the time they made the iphone. It wasn't the product that was successful, it was the culture that changed (ie, people started buying gadgets based on looks mostly).

>caring about money
wow, you're a cuck. the only reason for money is it gives you power, but power is the ultimate goal, which Jobs had. Better to live one day as a lion and die of liver cancer than a thousand years as a lamb

I always like how people say Woz was smarter. if woz was so smart how come Jobs tricked him out of all the glory and money?

Marketing and design: Jobs
Hardware design: The Woz
They both brought different talent to Apple.

>jobs
>woz
>genius

Jobs, because apple is nothing but marketing hype. And Jobs was a marketing genius.

I suggest anybody who hasn't read folklore.org check it out. It's like if Soul of a New Machine was written about making the original Macintosh.

jobs

Apple's technology was never revolutionary, it was steve jobs' judaism and advertising skill that made apple what it is

Who was the real genius behind Microsoft: Gates or The Allen?

BALLMER

At least he still died not too long after, regardless.

Jobs was a genius. But a marketing genius.

Just in the same way that you never knew you were adopted: your "parents" withheld the information.

>Jobs was a genius. But a marketing genius.
And Gates/Ballmer weren't? Is that your excuse?
Microsoft has 90% of the desktop but Jobs is a marketing genius?
You guys are really good at making excuses.

what a fucking asshole autist

hope he's burning in hell for his sins

Wow, you are really salty about Jobs being the hero of all modern computing. Don't worry, the anal pain will pass

DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS

>modern day hero

>gets everyone else to do the hard work
>fails at this fruit company because all the good people left
>gets bailed out by microsoft
>hero

Suuuuuuure ;)

>Marketing
Microsoft became the defacto OS by making grubby deals with IBM Compatible makers back in the late 80s- 90s to preinstall their software then got a vendor lock in by people being used to MS-Dos / Windows as a consequence.
There's little to do with marketing with why Microsoft does/did well.

>Jobs was just another marketer doing a great job, but he would never bring the company to what it is now

Except he did

I said nothing about Balmer.

the third one

Ballmer*

>based Florian

He knew what people wanted. He knew what would make a great product. And he knew when to tell people they're work was shit or fantastic.

It took a lot of acceptance and personal pride and defeat on his side to get amazing products out.
This is why apple is going to shit now, he knew.

Dave Cutler

Reminder that jobs begged woz to be in the company, with tears and on his knees and all
Reminder that he trhew a tantrum when one of the heads recompensed woz over jobs
Reminder that jobs was jealous of woz computer and tried to respond with a design that suffered what was basically a computer epilepsy

steve jobs father ofc think about it.

Yeah garbage who bring everything. Well done

This is how the world works.

Autistic engineers are a diamond dozen. People who can connect with the masses in an appealing way aren't.

this

>all the fucking aspies itt putting woz up on a pedal stool

Jobs. He was a modern day P.T Barnum.

Apple just isn't the same without Jobs.

Alan Kay.

Apple products are utter shit, and they always have been, before and after Jobs.

Apple is entirely a fashion brand built up entirely on image and marketing. It's not hard to see who the real mastermind at Apple is. Who the fuck else can convince retards to pay $2500 for a throttling overheating turd that can barely play Youtube videos?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ZQVlgfEAc

/thread

Xerox and bsd made more for apple than both

>neither hated the other
Jobs was such an asshole it forced woz to leave
Thats far from what you said

#SHREKT

* a dime a dozen

Woz is the engineer, Jobs is the businessman, both are indispensable.

The legendary Jew! the jew to jew them all!

These are Woz's own words on Steve.

youtube.com/watch?v=ShH4krMuWlQ

I think even Woz would admit that without jobs apple never would have accomplished as much as it did. Woz was still a genius though

Based underrated posts.

Woz seems like a cool guy, I like

>people unironically believe "ideas" people exist

>Phil Schiller
how could someone be blessed with such a beautiful name and a job to fit it?

wut

i never owned and never will own aplol products

but from seening one or two normie friends who have/had some products, its top quality, the best the currently tech has to offer, just 2x 3x the price of an equivalent product of about the same quality and features, which is the only reason and enough reason for me consider just so laghable to ever buy aplel

also, i was under the impression that, and normie friends who used also state that, and i guess its where jusrwerks come from, arent their software bundles supposed to provide a complete solution with consistent GUI paradigms for normies to be able to use all its functions without the experience of a poweruser that can mess around and guesstimate how a new program works ? (even if their software lacks versatility or customizability of alternative platform-agnostic paid and foss programs)

>top quality, the best the currently tech has to offer

yeah, so i heard, but a device with a single port is not synonym to bad quality, this is just an example of them not caring about their costumers at all, or just milking thaht accesories money, or just plain stupid decisions

>top quality

Jobs for the marketing

Woz for everything else.

Without Woz there would of been no Apple II
Without Jobs there would of been no gay shit associated with Apple.

Thus, Apple would of been better off without Jobs.

>the only reason for money is it gives you power
OK, if money isn't important then send all of yours to me now, you giant retarded faggot.

Both of them are necessary without steve, woz invention will get wasted from its potential, without woz, jobs marketing genius will be spent on another useless shit and thus failed

Knuth.