Use loonix they said

use loonix they said
you could game on loonix they said

>install mint 18
>install proprietary nvidia drivers
>install steam
>while watching videos there is some weird horizontal screen tear/refresh rate mismatch or something
>while playing games this happens also
>graphics look blurry in all the games
>update kernel to 4.4.0
>install latest nvidia drivers
>problem is still there, nothing changed

yeah....looks like im going back to an unsecured microsoft botnet

>inb4 games are for kids
I have a full time job in the tech sector and have graduated college.

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2235382&s=aba999ab827a2420b094f16e6dc07cd8&p=13079406#post13079406
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>you could game on loonix they said
Who?
>I have a full time job in the tech sector and have graduated college.
Ever heard of virtualization? Dumb memegenerator poster.

what hypervisor allows for me to install microsoft botnet and not take any performance hit while gaming?

>unsecured microsoft botnet

wut? just get windows 7

you retard, microsoft stopped where you could choose updates. you are now forced to install botnet or be unsecure.

are you mentally handicapped

no why?

if you care for video games this system isn't for you.

>"a linux"

None, don't let retards fool you with buzzword such as "gpu passthrough"

>install mint 18
well here's your problem
didn't you learn nothing from browsing Sup Forums?

But all distros have fucking tearing that you have to fix by yourself, at least with proprietary drivers on nvidia. And nouveau doesn't even properly support anything newer than fx 5200 and has half the performance of proprietary drivers.

Spotted the retard.

Use arch if you want the latest and greatest. Sorry, you're going to have to figure out how to configure shit on your own.

>fx 5200
>something novidya doesn't even make
>arch
>lastest and greatest
wheres my linux git package in the repos?
sorry kid but gentoo is more up to date.

Don't browse Sup Forums for advice on distros, it's like browsing Sup Forums for advice on good bands

Sup Forums will tell you that Arch is better than Ubuntu or Mint, and Sup Forums will tell you The Shaggs are better than Deep Purple

>GPU Passthrough
>Buzzword
One of the best features to come out over the past years and it works absolutely amazing. I've been using it for the past three-four months and it has been the sole reason why I could remove Windows from the bare metal.

Those who find it hard to install are idiots. All you need to do is fucking enable VT-d, setup the IOMMU in the grub default command line, add vfio_pci to the loaded kernel modules and add the device IDs of the GPU and GPU's HDMI to the modprobe.d. Reboot. Now all you need to do is create the VM and hide the hypervisor for the NVIDIA card.

There's so many guides. It's so worth it and it enables so much.

>be me
>install Debian stable
>keep my open drivers because the proprietary ones are incompatible with GNOME
>install Steam
>have to manually change some libraries included in it for newer versions, because the way they package it makes it not run at all
>install GPU micro code
>customize window compositor
>have to disable GNOME pointer daemon something something because it becomes invisible in games otherwise
>I have installed and successfully played 57 Steam games out of the 120ish that I own

Gaming on GNU/Linux is piss easy, you just need to solve a few problems first. Not that you could do it though, since you're a retard.

>>inb4 games are for kids
>I have a full time job in the tech sector and have graduated college.
Doesn't mean shit. Over 40, been in the industry for over a decade, use Windoh's for gaming, Linux for Get Shit Done.

>while watching videos there is some weird horizontal screen tear/refresh rate mismatch or something
>while playing games this happens also
That's strange, if you have problems with tearing on nvidia try enabling triple buffering:
ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2235382&s=aba999ab827a2420b094f16e6dc07cd8&p=13079406#post13079406

>graphics look blurry in all the games
Hmm, that's more strange, i never had this problem. The only thing i can think of is that maybe your resolution is wrong?

>update kernel to 4.4.0
I don't think the kernel is the problem in the first place.

>you just need to solve a few problems first.
To be fair Debian doesn't enable by default a lot of firmware and blobs that are usually necessary for some hardware to work. User oriented distros like ubuntu hardly have this problem.

It would help if you weren't looking at a mirror