ITT: Fat laptops.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nF_VWBBE0M8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

really should have blurred the product key OP

Not my picture, I don't care.

The best.

>he thinks pre-XP windows versions had activation

I'd take a little additional thickness for substantial keys like this.

These things have a surprising amount of ports and expandability. I used one at my previous job and it was pretty great. Only downside was it came with WinXP and the guy it belonged to didn't want to upgrade.

Holy shit. I absolutely love these.

Where can I buy one of those built-to-last laptops that the military uses? Something that's about the size of a briefcase, very durable and practically a computer with an inbuilt monitor nadthe keyboard?

Ebay, unless you want to destroy your wallet and buy new.

What's the homologous of that today

That russian laptop made for the military

H I G H T E S T
I
G
H

T
E
S
T

THICC

Itself. Shit's not very old.

Hmm...windows 98

We have some like this at our automatic systems dept to setup and initialize drones and they are sick
They feel so good in hand

For embedded windows 98 second edition?
Something tells me it's prolly not worth that much

>this thread

Came here to post this

dat thiccness

I'm installing right now!

newfag spotted
git out

Well this isn't too thicc but quite heavy (3kg)

thicc

Tadpole-RDI voyager sparcIIi portable server. Released in 2000 it's still pretty thick. I think the base price was about 13grand USD.

>tfw when no thicc

agilent is so high tech all the other high tech companies get their high tech shit from agilent

>Win98 embedded
I never heard of this before

T H I C C

H

I

C

C

>3kg
>heavy
My thinkpad is more

try milltary surplus websites

Toughbooks rule.
Too bad they're fucking expensive.

G40 and 380ED

They're thicc

>post a desktop with integrated display
>laptop

love thick laptops, the way i love fat thick cocks

>do not buy used laptops from this guy
Noted.

G40 specs

Well Agilent is a B2B company so that stands to reason.

HIGH TEST
I
G
H

T
E
S
T

awful thread

LMAO thicc :) haha

examples

>'plying you'd never wanna be a sissy-cd and worship black dicks

WANT

bet you think you're hot shit don't you

pretty comfy simple fattop

PPC 512 "laptop"
requires 8 of the big batteries thingy for portable use, the same that portable radiocasette players used
weights a fucking ton, never turned mine on in fear of it not working

My grandma had an old laptop that was about 18" long, 12" wide, and 3" high, orange and black screen, and the screen folded up about right in the middle of the length. Played countless hours of Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune on it as a kid

What was this beast called??? Probably made in the 80s?

Sounds like an OG GRiD Compass

What is the boobie equivalent of laptops ? The keyboard ?

almost like that, but a bigger screen, no text above the keys, and sharper contrast between the orange and black

Kinda making me think of these from Aliens 1986

Yeah I do
You know how hot a desktop p4 gets in a laptop?
I put a 3.2ghz p4 in it once, hit 98c, couldn't stay cool at al

Research is saying this one is a Grid case 1139

>using windows 98 2E
>not running XP black edition

found it, it was a Gridcase 1520

youtube.com/watch?v=nF_VWBBE0M8

my current shitposter. dell inspiron 1200. centrino m, 759m/ram. thick and heavy panty destroyer.

didn't you say it was still decently usable though
would try sticking a P4EE in one of mine but they're so lame otherwise it's kind of a waste, they make great portable file archivers though, your blog makes me want to dig mine back out and give them some more love every time I see it

That thing is aesthetic af senpai

This thread seems like a decent place to ask.
A while ago I found these cases by a Chinese company that were more or less a small tower with a handle and the side folded down opening up a keyboard and a screen. I sent them a quote request saying I worked for a startup and were looking to buy a bunch hoping that would get me a more likely response but they never answered. This was probably a year ago and I can't find it anymore.
Anyone know of cases like this? I desperately want one, I lug my tower out for production gigs and its getting to be a hassle.

this thing is ready to launch a nuclear strike

It's actually a pretty capable machine, with 2gb of ram it vastly outperforms my T42 in some older games.

Had to make a custom heatsink at work after I accidentally butchered the one that was in there
Though it performs a lot better than the stock one

Friend of mine had that exact model. I upgraded it with P4 processor and more RAM, amazing upgrade actually. It worked great. Hard drive was a problem to upgrade though, I couldn't find anything at the time that would work with the interface so it was the only thing slowing it down and because of the size limitation even if I had found an extension/adapter of any kind it wouldn't allow for a another hard drive.

figured that huge fucking copper stock sink in them would be good enough, guess not then

It doesnt do too bad for what i use it for if i keep it plugged in. 4chins and irc. doesnt seem worth it to upgrade anything on it. got the biggest HDD i could find for it 40 GB thats about all i think im going to do for it.

i own one of these (CF-29)

shitty ass computers but ohhhhhhh mannnn i wish there were decent modern versions of these

threw one of them off the 3rd floor of a hotel and it was perfectly fine aside from the scratches all over the lid

OMG THOSE PORTS.....

Love my CF18. Military grade shitposting station.

Nice. What's the battery life like?

Where do you guys find this stuff

lurk moar interwebs boy

That's a big laptop

ebay is always a good place to find old weird shit

some stuff is more rare, some stuff is common
my hunt for a G40 went on for 3 weeks until one popped up on ebay with an auto buy at 60$ with the original adapter and the thing was in near mint condition
worth it

my 380ED was similar, hunted for it, found it after a while
t42, r52 and x41 were easy finds, the r30 was the oddball that i got at a resale store for 5 bucks being sold as a "play laptop" because they thought it was dead
brought it home, plugged it in with a universal adapter, booted right up into windows 2000 with no admin password
shits cash

if you have a job in an industrial setting you can get loads of oldschool rugged or just sturdy machines. my boss was just giving out a bunch of thoes oldschool pentium M toughbooks, even two that were "military and police" specced and were bulletproof up to AP handgun ammunition

Use it as daily every now and then when my laziness start to catch up on me to get shit done.

Desktop is just too comfy for any serious work.

do you ever use the tablet feature of it much?

It can do 2 hours 20 min playing 480p video on vlc. Its been on many flights with me and made 2 hours flight time every time.

It's shit tier specs but runs ok with ubuntu . Getting pcie card for 3g internet and SSD soon. I want to upgrade ram from 1 to 2 gigs as well.

It runs any infinity engine game like butter. Arcanum great with touch screen.

I use it as a console for old school pc games these days but want to upgrade it to make it more usefull. Thinking of converting into IP CCTV remote system.

So 12 year olds lurking.. As usual

We spend stupid money on this stuff on ebay and then tell you we get it cheap at thrift stores, garage sales, and auctions.

Very rarely but I use mine only for "work". Also it has resistive touchscreen so it's more like using old pocket pc palmtops - it won't behave like an ipad.

Was never really satisfied with battery life on CF-19. Get around 4 hours out of mine with good battery. Was expecting more like 5-6 hours.

Mine has 3G WWAN built in tho.

Why don't they make yuge laptops anymore with extra batteries or some shit

This
Truth is shit like this is really expensive online because it's extrmely hard to find offline

As if you can do anything with an oem key
kys

Yeah, so many pajeets on Sup Forums who could use a Windows 98 key.

Some of these are cool, they're like work ones if you dig. The coolest of thease are like military they're sick, I really want a cool somewhat custom laptop that I can show offisn't too old, so like ddr2 ram, and processor. Ideas?

If you think the toughbook is exspensive wait till you see prices off docks and other aftermarket accessories. Even the Cf 18 accessories are ridiculous!

Is a small form factor case with built in mechanical keyboard and monitor? I'd love to have a thick laptop when going to LANs

Is there a*

install gentoo

>mfw no qt fatbook with integrated printer