After the Macbook launch event, Apple now sells 17 different types of dongle

>After the Macbook launch event, Apple now sells 17 different types of dongle.
APPLE BTFO

bbc.com/news/technology-37880723

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-XSC_UG5_kU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's the cost of courage. In a few years everyone and everything will be using USB Type-C and this entire thing will have been forgotten much like Apple has forgotten about the Mac Pro, iMac and Mac Mini. Life is suffering.

COURAGE!

USB-C will rid us of the need for dongles and adapters for most use cases.

It's a difficult transition, but worth it. This isn't an equivalent to removing the headphone jack, which served to only benefit Apple and no one else.

Moving to USB-C should benefit most people.

I cant wait for the portless macbook!
Wireless charging, wireless mouse, wireless everything!
The furutre is now!

Regards, Pajeet.

>it's a difficult transition
That's why other laptops like the xps13 use both USB 3.0 and USB C

How many ports does the Zenbook 3 have?

How many ports will the next XPS have?

Exactly.

That's not really progress including a legacy port.

USB C is 3.0

Right, like how everyone started using Lightning. Or Firewire.

both of those have many more than the Macbook

>Mactopus

Yes it is

it conveniences the user for having support for legacy options while having it open to new features. This extends the life time of the laptop in question and removes any and all need for adapters

No its not

USB C may have the same capabilities as USB3.1 but because of its physica shape its not compatible with any of the A-type devices

this is why USB 3.1 caught on far faster than thunderbolt, lightening or any of that shit because it supports legacy devices

but how was picture take

Apple can now make more money selling dongles than most other companies make selling laptops.
If that's not brilliant then I don't know what is

Android

Are there any usb-c expresscard adapters?

get your last gen 'refurb' ones while you can

This is their plan, according to apple-user who was on Sup Forums last night. He posted a link to some company that Apple bought that specializes in wireless power transfer. I can't remember the site but it showed basically everything from Beats wireless headphones to iPhones to Apple watches and Macbooks all charging wirelessly. Someone mentioned the iPhone 8 will debut the wireless charging next year.

And until then no one gave a fuck about crapple 'projecting the future's and still uses USB

USB-C is good though, but fucking why make it the only port?
Can they not consider the fact that thinner =/= better? That theres more to portability that the heft of something?
And people DO use firewire.

Lightning was a mistake and apple should publicly apologize.

Sorry, you misspelled cunt

>Can they not consider the fact that thinner =/= better? That theres more to portability that the heft of something?

Ahem (pic related)

top fricking kek I hope to god this shit fails

>mossberg
>berg

EVERY

TIME

>SD Card Reader
>Legacy Port

Guess I just have to plug in my USB C SD card

Just a coincidence

>'cook, look at these sales weve made since the last MacBook! They're astronomical!'
>'just wait until type C catches up, they will need new shit'

I bet that shit isn't Qi compatible either.

They can add a USB C port so they can conform to standards.

But if you want the REAL Apple experience, you must buy the $129 wireless charging plate.

DongleBook Pro

youtube.com/watch?v=-XSC_UG5_kU

Dongles!

>Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller

:^)

Your apple is full of worms, dude

Nokia already did wireless charging, look where it got them. Wireless charging is fuckin slow, it's total shít for a device with such huge battery capacity.

This, it's great as a Thunderbolt 3 port but they should have eased into it like Razer and other brands that include USB C / Thunderbolt 3 along with USB A, HDMI, etc.

But it is progress selling a legacy dongle.

This. I had a Nexus 4 that supported Qi charging. After a couple of weeks I threw that shit on the garbage bin and went back to cable. It was painfully slow, unreliable (if the phone wasn't in the exact angle and without the TPU case it wouldn't even start charging), and the phone got hot as hell. Like 60ºC+ or some crazy shit like that.

I would just replace the old USB cable with a usb-c one instead of wanting a laptop with legacy ports.

if Apple made the iphone just use usb-c then the phasing out of audio jacks would be better because you could use those headphones with other android phones and laptops. As is you can only use 1 pair of headphones for the iphone 7 then you have to buy another pair for the usb-c devices.

>legacy ports
>high-end, professional and pro-sumer devices meant to last at least 4-5 years are still being manufactured today using USB-A cables and standard SD cards
Please user, stop sucking Cook's penis so hard, you're going to end up choking..

>17 types
>10 of those are for iPads and iPhones, not actual computers
>Those iPad and iPhone dongles include ones for things like VGA, DVI, HDMI and a full size SD card reader
>List also includes two of the same miniDisplayPort-DVI dongle and a 3,5mm-stereoplug-to-3,5mm-stereoplug adapter
I see this Sup Forums meme has spread quite far and wide among the rest of the tech illiterate population...

the majority of phone and laptop buyers are not pro's. The USB port isn't even a problem for pros either, it's the removal of the SD card reader that was.

Here's what I wish would have happened with the new iPhone.

Ditch all connection ports. Force wireless for the whole device.
Wireless charging that isn't combersome in some way
Wireless headphones that come in package stock and are ready on release
Wireless game controllers that actually fucking work
Bluetooth compatibility for everything, nothing proprietary in the wireless communication

-OR-

2 USB-C connectors
In package is USB-C headphones and USB-C charger
Fuck dongles and hubs

It just seems like some moron said, "Let's get rid of the headphone jack" without actually thinking about how it could forward technology but instead pad market value since everyone will have to buy dongles.

>apple did a good thing in the past = apple is right every time.

this is why americans have never won a war since ww2.

Last time I checked, wacom tablets only offered bluetooth as an add-on extra and AFAIK it doesn't even work properly.

Why isn't there a touchscreen MacBook Pro yet? Why did we just get touchscreen F keys? Are they that worried it will hurt iPad sales? It's one of the few reasons I haven't upgraded from my 2012 MBP and am looking at alternatives like surface.

this is in South Korea. I personally would let fat boy nuke them desu.

Yeah it would most likely hurt the sales of their iPad Pro line, which is nothing more than a toy (like all tablets) with a pen digitizer so you can pretend you're doing something productive.

yo dawg etc

Lightning is not an open standard you fucking retard. It's proprietary to Apple and their products.

Apple engineers helped spec and design Type-C. Now they are helping force the industry's hand. Go cry more about your legacy ports.

>proprietary to Apple
wrong, it's intel's

>HDMI
>DisplayPort
>VGA
>DVI-I Single Link
>DVI-D Single Link
>DVI-D Dual Link
>DVI-I Dual Link
>DVI-A
>Mini VGA
>Mini DisplayPort
>Mini HDMI
>Micro HDMI

Slow transitions lead to multiple standards which do the same thing being around. This creates a clusterfuck of things which aren't immediately compatible. All of you forget that many other things require adapters or totally new cables to be compatible. Having the same connection on both ends, for all devices is the future and it needs to come quickly, so Apple is being brash and forcing the industry to adopt USB-C quicker. Look how long OEMs sluggishly took to make laptop panels higher than 1366x768 or even 1080p. Device manufacturers and OEMs are lazy as fuck, none of them have ever tried to do more than the bare minimum. A laptop with 4 multi-purpose ports, daisychaining with power delivery on any port via any supporting device peripheral is brilliant. Its just literally too advanced for its time but it is no doubt the future. Apple just wanted to hurry it up and bring it sooner.

Thank you Tim Cuck.

Let's just thank the dumb macfags to do the migration process for us and pioneer USB C.
Not like it's our money, right?

>Not like it's our money, right?

Because you don't have any

Yeah I'm a student, I don't earn money
What now?

>What now?

I think you should direct that question to yourself on the day you graduate from your Medieval underwater shoe construction course with $60,000 of debt.

As a German, I have no debt for going to university. And it's an engineering degree.

>60k debt
americucks btfo

On one hand I like what they did, C really is the future and this time U really stands for universal. Im glad they push it to widespread adoption, but NOTHING ELSE? I get cutting VGA but leave me one legacy USB and audio pls. You can keep SD slot.

> as a german
Sure thing Mehmet.

>Kebabs
>Graduating from German engineering schools let alone being accepted into one
In spite of the turkroach invasion into germany they've at least kept the standards high in their engineering schools.

Apple, more like Donggle