When are 4K projectors going to become mainstream/affordable? pic related is $35,000

when are 4K projectors going to become mainstream/affordable? pic related is $35,000

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/JVC-DLAX500R-Theater-Projector-shift3/dp/B00JMMR0R8
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014535&cm_re=benq_projector-_-24-014-535-_-Product
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

LMFAO, never. Even 1080p60hz projectors haven't become mainstream/affordable.

This is mostly due to the fact that actual screens will always be cheaper and deliver clear visibility even in sunlight.

if you like watching movies you don't care about 60hz or sunlight. you can get a decent home cinema 1080p 24fps projector for ~$1000

>if you like watching movies you don't care about 60hz or sunlight. you can get a decent home cinema 1080p 24fps projector for ~$1000
Gosh that sure sounds affordable as fuck and totally worth it over a 55-inch 4K LED TV senpai

1800s called
they want their meme tech back lol

cause their main demographic is corporate offices and people with enough money to have actual home theatres.

They cuck you with bulbs so it'll forever be a meme.

>55-inch

> inch

kek

>4K
to watch what? i have animu from the 90's that look sharper in their 1080p release than the modern 4K web-dl's i've gotten

That probably has more to do with the fact that they rescanned the original frames rather than blowing it up digitally.
See Card Captor BD vs the Haruhi BD

even 1080p projectors are expensive as fuck, so probably never. My workplace just replaced their 800x600 ones with newer 1440x900 ones, and they'll probably stick to them for 10 years more

yea, the ones that are really sharp are either new ones made digitally in 1080p, or old ones made on film
there's a quality deadzone in the 2000's where things were digitally made in DVD resolution (like haruhi)

Pretty happy I bought my plasma when I did.

1080p BluRay is eventually gonna go the way of the DVD. 4K UHD BluRay will look great on giant projection screens!

cowboy beebop?

yep

amazon.com/JVC-DLAX500R-Theater-Projector-shift3/dp/B00JMMR0R8

Psssst, you can get them for under $4,000 USD most places.

Now, if you want Short Throw, 7000 lumens, Laser-illuminated, 3D, HDR, smart enabled 4K projectors, yeah, you'll pay a dumb amount of money.
If you just want to make a 110" 4K image on a wall, well, you have cheaper options than $35,000.

You have to remember, digital projectors are expensive as fuck because of all the shit they gotta cram into them and develop.

You've gotta come up with sub 1" screens that can support the resolutions you want
You've gotta come up with lighting sources that can shine through said screens, and have enough luminosity left to hav a decent image (and the higher the screen resolution, the more gates the screen has, which means it blocks more light, which means you need a stronger lighting source
And this lighting source also has to not murder the screen or other components with heat
Not to mention, the optics involved. You need moving glass elements that can take that intense light source, focus it at a distance, without distorting it, and with as minimal light loss as possible.
And, naturally, you have to make these 3 elements work with power, video signals coming in, and more. It's not an easy task, not in high demand, ergo, costs skyrocket.

I'm glad they can't jew me on bulbs. LED projector master race!

That projector is technically 1080p but they use what is called wobulation to produce a 4k image by shifting pixles a high rates.

And not all digital projectors are expensive. My ultra short throw LED 1080p projector was $1,300 last year and is down to about $1,100 even though it was a little under $1,000 last week. It does 3D with DLP link glasses and has smart TV features so you can use it like a TV if you want.

> ...with 4K e-shift3

that's not 4K, that's "faux-K"

WTF are you talking about? I have a 1080p native 3d proj that does 120hz and I ogt it for less than $500 on sale. How fucking poor are you if less than $500 is a lot of money? Seriously, some of you are too poor to participate here in many thread topics yet you keep doing so and then filling up the trteads with wrong info.

projectors are shit.

link it

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014535&cm_re=benq_projector-_-24-014-535-_-Product

Here is one on sale now, not the one I own, but just wait till black friday or other sales and the prices go even lower.