WhatsApp

So why do you guys hate this again?

Other urls found in this thread:

grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/GRAMMAR/commas.htm
techcrunch.com/2016/11/05/whatsapp-is-testing-a-clone-of-snapchat-stories-called-status/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

normies XD

why would you hate whatsapp?

shares data with fb, next

/thread

Pajeets use it.

Unread message bar shows up in the thread even if you have it open and won't go away until you send or reopen the thread.

The way it handles sent and received photos is shit. You have to store a cached copy on your phone to keep it in the thread.

Can't send gifs easily.

Facebook owns it.

Ah numa

It's not signal.

because this exists

Line is way better option

Because Hangouts is better in every way.

See

ITT: people without friends try to convince it is bad.

BBM is much better than line and whatsapp

Summary:
1) It's popular and all the normies use it.
2) Facebook.

Who would have guessed that this is what Sup Forums would say?

>you guys
Fuck off. There's no hivemind here. WhatsApp gets the job done. Fuck the paranoid tinfoil shitheads.

Not FOSS
Requires you to give phone number
Owned by Facebook advertising company

Viber is SHIT.

This post reeks of curry.

>Anything that doesn't agree with me is curry
Curry is fucking awesome and nutritious tbfh. Gonna make one tonight I think. Also, fuck you, you scared little pussy. Cowardly and obedient and sheep-like pieces of shit like you should not be allowed to reproduce, but that's a given really.

Total normie shit, requires phone number.

>Not FOSS
>Requires you to give phone number
What do you use?

>>Anything that doesn't agree with me is curry
>Curry is fucking awesome and nutritious

Real fucking convincing, literal shitskin.

UTTER SHIT
It needs friends to talk to
>DROPPED

Be specific

It's bloated, it has a shitty UI, and is not very secure compared to similar alternatives. Even WhatsApp is better.

The whole world loves curry you dumb nigger. The only time it was considered an insult is when ignorant racist cunts like you first learned about curry in the 80s, which is also why youre a scared little genx fuck who can't think of an idea unless someone on Sup Forums authorises him to do so.

Also curry is the national dish of the UK. Learn some facts you fucking faggot.

That's even worse desu

>muh racism

>>>/tumblr/

Also, apart from bacon and eggs, the UK doesn't have any good national dishes to note. That's why they steal tika masala, or whatever the shit is called, from India and claim it as its own '100% pure British dish'.

Pulled a 180 on their explicitly stated intentions/policy over the course of a year. No idea what they're going to do next.

whatsapp

WhatsApp is owned by Facebook.
Facebook mines user data and sells it to large corporations and the US government.

Put 2 and 2 together, user.

>stores pictures in my gallery folder
>some faggot in my group constant talks about places where he gets handjobs
>posts pictures of flyers and ads in thread
>have to watch out in case girlfriend sees it

confusing af
>register by phone
>but
>webapp requires you already have registered
>and you can't sign in to webapp unless you've already done so on mobile
>and we won't sync your messages on our servers just because
idk

What's the point in using a messenger that it not widely popular and everyone uses?
The problem with all these new ones is that they are closed and cannot be used with any client. Back in the days you were able to use msn, icq, yahoo etc all with the client of your choice.

Now, with the closed protocols, it only really makes sence if it has a monopoly and you can text everyone with it. No point in installing a messenger that only one of my friends is on.

>Hangouts is better

Hangouts could be perfect if they had an official desktop app for Mac, Windows and Linux.
For now i'm using Skype because they have apps for almost every platform.

>non-encrypted communication

why

BTFO

There are actually too many commas there you dumb shit. For example, the previous sentence in this comment doesn't actually require a comma.

grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/GRAMMAR/commas.htm

Parenthetical element.

BASED

>iMessage
>WhatsApp
>Facebook Messenger

These three platforms are the standard for communication on smartphones. If you use anything else you're a faggot neckbeard with no friends.

All three are proprietary and therefore useless.

Not even sure why we're talking about grammar when the real issue here is what a cowardly sheep-like pussy you are who can't think for yourself but follows the crowd and is too scared to assert himself and actually follow what he believes. Live like a kneeling bitch all your life, cunt, what do I care about another spineless turd who can't make his own decisions and follows his Sup Forums masters in everything they tell him without question. I bet you're gonna vote Trump because Sup Forums said so too, right?

I have never seen someone so triggered by grammar in my life. Hilarious.

10/10 troll, teacherfag

holy shit, calm down, kiddo. you need to grow a spine.

Because Jews. Not like you can escape it though

>All three are proprietary and therefore useless
to people who are easily influenced.
The hardware you are posting with is proprietary. Get used to it.

Witty repartee. Great comeback.
Moron.

>complaining about proprietary software
>on a smartphone
>connected to a cellular network

I didn't know freetards were THIS dumb. Those applications are the least of concerning thing for someone who's supposed to be a freetard. You're mostly a bunch of dumb posers who don't know what the fuck you're doing.

>Not FOSS
>Requires you to give phone number
>whatsapp
All of my what

3 sheep got triggered and halal slaughtered

Facebook wants to make Video Content everywhere. And this is the way Advertisers are going to reach out to people on Whatsapp

techcrunch.com/2016/11/05/whatsapp-is-testing-a-clone-of-snapchat-stories-called-status/

>Facebook-owned messaging app WhatsApp is experimenting with a new Status feature that lets users share mood-setting pictures and videos overlaid with other custom elements such as emoji, with the content disappearing 24 hours after it’s shared — so basically a copy of Snapchat Stories.

The test feature was spotted on Friday by BGR India which says Status sharing is only currently available to registered public beta testers of WhatsApp who are using a rooted Android or iOS device.

We’ve reached out to WhatsApp with questions and will update this story with any response.

underrated. Except bbm piles up group messages in a stupid way.

is it any better than facebook messenger?

Because this exists

Allo is better

Hail Google!

>implying

True 100%

I've never had anyone IRL talk about it. We use SMS and MMS like normal people.

Telegram.

>2016
>not using pic related

It's a tool of Facebook for spying on people you shill.

This and this:
Now fuck off

>平成28年
>not letting Glorious Nippon and worst Korea mine your data
It's also surprisingly light and supports encryption now.

There is literally no reason why an alternative to texting should require a phone number.

Is there any way you can access a whatsapp account from other devices?

This is my biggest problem with it, and why i don't use it.
They should let people make accounts with emails.

Wire.
FOSS
p2p
Better encrypted than all your meme apps
Works on every OS
Works on every phone

LINE is GOAT to flirt and trade nudes with azn qts who crave the Avg White Cock
>has a PC app
>a lot of useful gimmick features that other apps don't have, like Keep
>cute stickers
wish it was the western standard desu

MOSSAD botnet

GRU botnet.

It's exclusively used by europoors, there's no reason to use it in the USA.

Also,

Polizei notnet

It's great that it uses the best end-to-end encryption protocols in the field (Signal and Noise). I thank them for that. It's brought strong encryption to like a billion people.

With the caveat that they shouldn't sync their chats to iCloud or Google servers. It's optional but the box is checked by default, and that could prove to be a regrettable default.

It is however dreadful that Facebook, their parent company, are now using the phone numbers for contact linking, which we already know is pretty risky from an OPSEC perspective in many cases (cf. psychologist's patients getting outed to each other, and her, via friend suggestions). That kind of metadata is very dangerous, and is something that their peers (like Signal itself) want to try to minimise (although as it stands they can only do so much). It represented a big step back in the wrong direction and I withdrew my recommendation because of it and asked them to rethink it: sadly I think it is part of their monetisation strategy and so they are unwilling to reconsider.

Fuck this looks like the magic bullet:
>group chats
>group calls
>multi platform
>end to end encryption
>gpl3 licence
>no number needed

What is the catch? It's also new as fuck, does anyone know what algorithm it uses for end to end? Is it forward secure?
The EFF hasn't commented yet, apparently it was done by a bunch of former skype engineers.

>National dish
>not haggis
Pajeet pls go

I dont hate it, its just no one I know uses it so it would be kind of pointless for me to get it

>The whole world loves curry
You mean that disgusting shit I don't eat?

>Only works on one device
>Doesn't work on PC unless your phone is on
>Has no features that other services don't
>Facebook botnet
There is literally no reason to use it unless your friends are all retards and use it exclusively
Even Facebook messenger is better, at least there I can use whatever I want to send messages

uuuu...
the edges..

Never mind, found it. Protocol is called proteus, based on axelotl, implemented in rust.
This is very strange though, the developer has been ragging at moxie marlinspike claiming he wanted reparations for copyright infringement of axolotl which seems very odd considering his usual anarchistic, anti-establishment ideology.

Nobody is saying it isn't getting the job done. Privacy concerns in 2016 aren't based on paranoia unless you live under a rock.

I disagree with you on WhatsApp but I totally agree with you on curry. What do I do now?

It is bad, every friend of mine saw me use telegram, and everyone of them agrees it is superior in every possible way, yet none of them has personality to actually start to swap.

Proprietary piece of crap that's tied to phones and run by the ultiamte jew, made to spy on you

There are literally no redeeming qualities about it

Pajeet on damage control. Smear the poo on your wound.

>LINE
>light

Not at all. Also the desktop app needs some work.

I'd like to stick to Telegram but nobody uses it and giving my data to the Russians doesn't seem particularly appealing.

>The whole world loves curry
It's shit. Literally. Poo in the loo pajeet. Please desu.

I'm in the US so no one I know uses it. What's the point?

I mean, yeah, it's probably heavier than WhatsApp, but I've had better video and less latency with it than a lot of other programs.

You want to talk heavy, try WeChat, oh, God, that thing is a nightmare.

Who's wants to be in a Sup Forums Whatsapp group.
Thinking of making one
I'm in Sup Forums and Sup Forums groups

i use imessage like the rest of the first world.

whatsapp is for poor people and pajeets

I feel comfy in the botnet

You don't belong here, pajeet.

Because I value real life friendship better than Sup Forums's complains about non-existent privacy violations.

ITT: nobody using the right messaging app

>inb4 you need end to end for total security
no shit. make your shitty friends get the app, then.

I use atomic on my phone because anyone not using irc is probably not worth talking to.

Most of you, I imagine, aren't worth talking to.

>i pompously use irc
>not abandoning irc for anything else worthwhile

enjoy your dead platform

irc on phones is just pain, though. typing on screen is just suffering (especially on irc where discussions tend to be turbo fast and heated).

i just don't get it how people can do this on phone, be it irc, or it's numerous modern clones.