Dedicated board to technology

>Dedicated board to technology
>always against newer tech while advocating in favor of using old tech

how come a board dedicated to technology is so backwards?

New technology is worse, objectively, than the older stuff.

Sup Forums is a hipster website, only hipster technology is acceptable on Sup Forums

Bechause the newer tech is mostly shit or a fucking uncontrolable botnet like windows 10 for example.

Like windows 10.

This is Sup Forums my baby

It's a garbage for dummies.

Welcome to Sup Forums.

Popular things are hated here. New technology, is generally popular because it is user friendly. Older technology is generally a pain in the arse so no one learns it. That means you're special if you actually know it because less people do.

This is how it is for everything here. This website for some reason attracts people who don't want to be part of the popular group.

I gotta say though, I'm one of them. If I like something, and it gets popular, I'll stop liking that thing. I'm probably retarded though, so eh.

New technology can be worse if it is clearly a step backwards.

because everyone here is a contrarian newbie dipshit who just parrot other people's opinions and shitpost nonstop

all the smart people left shortly after /prog/ got deleted. I'm not even joking.

I just like optimized software, motion clarity, good colors and nkro with a good feel.

Less contrarian and more a misalignment of priorities between current accessible technologies and previous ones.

Example: ThinkPads. Cheap, well documented, easily user serviced, and durable at the cost of having old hardware. Most people don't care, but when you do it as a job or a serious hobby, those aspects become important. You also see plenty of threads admitting that current trends in products are aimed at normies and that they stick with more conservative/corporate ideas either out of interest or genuine concern about reliability, support, etc.

Simple my dear watson, everyone here is retarded and unemployed, because no company wants their skills in backwards ass old technologies.

Stop seeking approval for wanting to buy a Macbook Pro no-po edition.

>how come a board dedicated to technology is so backwards?

Extreme poor hipsters with no friends who want to circlejerk over 6 year old business machines donated to charity shops. People here don't like things that work, people here enjoy jumping through hoops to make things work for the sense of reward. Not many people here have a job.

Sup Forums - Consumer Electronics

Technology Sup Forums died a long time ago.

>its new so it must be good
It's like you people just ignore any kind of flaws something has and just buy shit just because its new.

it's not good because it's new, it's good because new things have a chance to improve

>literally paying to be a beta tester

Same reason if you head on over to /vr/ and they have an earthbound buyer's club consisting of people who don't own a SNES, and have never played earthbound: Inherited nostalgia is 100% cancer and leads to meme circlejerking which can only end in suicide.

If you've ever listened to old people, they only tell you about the good parts of the "old days". Even something that's bad can be subconsciously changed to be good after rotting for 30 years in their mind, they didn't want to accept it was shit, so they make up some story.

You typically see luddites on this board try to pretend that their inherited dumpster dive find was used by some "science professional". People are stupid now, and people were stupid then. It was probably used in some shitty office at 5% of its capacity, they don't want to admit this. Pretending is a failure condition, ie it's what you do when you were turned down for that job or career entry because you were and still are a failure. What do you put in its place? You make up some story about how 40 years ago, it was a "holy" or "pure" thing and hold onto this made up story. This is why there are just pictures of this old tech, and why any picture of it always has the item turned off or just idling at a blank desktop, and the thread goes silent when someone asks "What do you use it for?" It can't be used for anything besides jerking off to forget about your failure.

"botnet", "proprietary", "freedom", these are all bywords and rhetoric to avoid admitting that you are a failure while your "pleb normie sheep" college acquaintances that didn't drop out over something pointless have made hundreds of thousands of dollars by now.

well said

/thread.
We're all retarded here

Sup Forums is the board for redditors to get tech support, consumer recommendations, and to shitpost on when bored. Sup Forums after all is the epic meme shitposting website.

Scary how accurate this is.

This however isn't. The botnet is very real and some technology was better in the old days. Even the 2015 macbook was better than the current refresh. Just because you're too retarded to program in C or use vim, doesn't mean coding "apps" in Atom with Electron is the way to go.

>coding "apps" in Atom with Electron is the way to go.

It is and isn't. It certainly makes more sense to use newer/shinier/bloatier compared to compact (and harder to use).

From market perspective, because you're selling to lowest common denominator.

From virtually all other perspectives it makes no sense. Meaning is just consumerist cunt who thinks all people are like monkeys who always go the easiest route, ignoring everything else.

As for Sup Forums hating everything new irrationaly, even if it has actual technical merit, is because of retards who are cargoculting. It's unfortunate but it didn't use to be that way.

Poverty. Same reason why Sup Forums is against VR.

>windows 10 is the best for gaming because of muh direct X
>a fucking trainwreck for everything else
Vulkan, pls make Linux gaming viable

>how come a board dedicated to technology is so backwards?
The olden times were always better, especially because anons have an intelectual investment in the old tech and new tech means they'll have to learn (painful) and buy (impossible).

Sup Forums likes the latest Nvidia GPUs and Intel CPUs quite a lot.

That's the Sup Forums faggots who refuse to fuck off.

>Processors are now gamer-brand hardware