Tfw these are my school computers

>tfw these are my school computers

KILL ME

Other urls found in this thread:

esports.uci.edu/uci-esports-arena.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tfw when I went to school our notebooks were literally paper you spoiled fucking brat

Thanks for the product key

>less than 16 gb of ram
lel

the sad thing is that paper is a much faster than shitty netbooks

you couldnt pay me to use a netbook

That's the product ID you retard.

>tfw my university provides 16GB RAM, i7-3770/i7-6700, GTX970 PCs with Windows 7 Enterprise/Ubuntu
I once used a Celeron powered netbook

>Tfw the school computers normies use in the library to browse Facebook have a better CPU and more RAM than my home computer

>1024x768
>Windows XP
>512Mb RAM
>some weakass celeron CPU
Just kill me.

computers in college is just a meme

Our computer science dep PCs are worse. Stop complaining u spoiled brat.

>1024x768
was that a high end netbook? because most were 800x600

you have ~$700 worth of cpu's in one machine and like $10 worth of ram? damn

>512 RAM

what the fuck holy shit thanks for making me feel better

its not spoiled

your school just sucks fucking ass and cannot seem to understand why investing in better computers for the fucking COMPUTER science department is worth it

in fact if I were you I would drop the fuck out of such a shit school, or talk to your dean about why the fuck they think it's ok to charge people thousands of dollars for a degree despite the fact that their infrastructure is absolute fucking garbage

10" model more than likely
I have an acer aspire one that has that resolution

That doesn't seem half-fucking bad. Fucking kids.

We can't even run Chrome or Firefox without the lag being fucking unbearable. It takes like 10 minutes for our fucking school HOMEPAGE to open.

Besides that, it's full of bloated software that makes the computer ridiculously slow.

>32 bit windows
no wonder there is only 2 gigs of ram.
Topkek

Not really, it can have up to 3.5GB.

If you're not a gaymer you'll never need more than 4gb ram

Prove me wrong

>2GB RAM
That's okay
I remember mine had like 512MB RAM and they were still SOMEWHAT useable.

dont worry we know how you feel
we all hate windows

underage leave

video editing, music production, heavy programming, 2d modelling, aerospace applications, autoCAD, responding to bait at lightspeed, the list goes on...

>Boot up desktop computers in IT class
>They all have fucking Windows 10
>Have to type in student info to login
>Takes like 20 minutes to login because it has to setup the desktop
>Finally reach the desktop and launch Firefox
>Takes 2 minutes for the browser to appear and it's slow as fuck
>Check the task manager
>Virus protection and school spyware programs taking up most of the CPU and HDD activity

>He doesn't compress everything on zpaq max settings

>school spyware programs

Also had this at my fucking school.

REEEEEEEEEE

>xeon cpu
obviously a virtual machine via PCoIP

We played unreal tournament over lan on school PCs in programming class.
Named the game winword.exe to get it to run

>virtualization
>database management
>running a mail server
>video editing
>programming
>not wanting to do things at shit-tier speeds in general

I don't really ever use them, but my schools desktops have 8 core i7's and 500gb ssd, the things boot up and do everything instantly.

this.

>windows 7 enterprise
Found your problem
>lone star college
Found your other problem

We used to play Halo CE back in school on the computers, the game was stored on the schools network drive with the name internet.exe

That shit has been there for years and is probably still there today.

use the same computer each time, it won't have to re-create that local profile. quit being retarded.
also, if you're in an IT class and can't disable a fucking AV you don't belong in that class.
reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>more than 1 gigabyte of ram
>somewhat modern looking intel cpu
lucky guy, a few years ago we had windows xp amd athlon machines with 512mbytes of ram

Fucking retard

I used the same computer each time and the way they set up the computers were that they delete everything once you log out, so it has to keep downloading all the school shit when you log back in.

You don't seem to understand that these specs are enough to run anything that you would need as a student. OK they are out of date for heavy stuff. But I can run xilinx, compile anything I want, even run parallel programs. If your uni/school is charging you a lot and is not investing in its infrastructure (and I am not talking about PCs ) then you have to worry. Mine is free so I can't complain (Europe).

They're the same thing

The computers at my school wipe and recreate the profile every damn time you log in.

that should run word just fine op.

>(Europe)
If free college is so great then how come all the innovation in tech comes out of Silicon Valley? Maybe people appreciate an education a little more when they have to put a little effort into getting it. Ever think about that?

no

TFW I stole i7 4790k from computer lab during senior highschool. It was after school extra help for comp scie and teacher left me for like 20 min so I just opened the case and unscrewed it from there and put it in my pocket

is that a vm? there's no way that thing only 2gb.

this fugg mine is 1gigs running windows 7, some tard on lab put goriliion virtual memory, is like 1gb ram with 4gb.

Take me there sometime. After that, let's get a couple of Z boards. kek

>mfw took 1tb western digital caviar black

it now acts as storage for all of my pirated stuff

gaming is one of the less memory intensive applications

>Tfw teacher almost caught you stealing RAM from the school computer

back in the day RAM was expensive man

that's devilish

Not all innovation comes from silicon valley. There is no European country with comparable resources in money and population so investments are smaller. Free education is on of them. Paying for your degree doesn't mean it's more hard earned than one who didn't.

>Paying for your degree doesn't mean it's more hard earned than one who didn't.
Actually it does. It kind of defines the term.

You should consider that every uni has limited seats (my dep has about 200) and so you have to participate in national exams which are highly competitive. And in order to be prepared you have to invest time and money. And besides that, I am paying every day for my uni through high taxes, high vat (20℅ >). The only difference is that it's not a complete ripoff.

Engineering department at my school this year got hundreds of dell AIOs with i7-6700, 16GiB RAM, and some SSD brand I've never heard of, good performance though. Pretty comfy. The older workstations that are still around are mostly optiplexes with i5-2400, not too bad either.

This. Logging in for the first time is annoying when you use a different computer. Not nearly as bad here though, maybe a whole minute of extra waiting.

That's nothing. I have to work literally with DOS.

.Thats nothing I work in a school IT Dept and our worst room has 30 2003 era HPs complete with 2ghz P4s, 40gb IDE HDD, floppy drives and 1.5-2gb of ram. All of which are on windows 7 pro. Slow as fuck!

Me to, the lighting for the main stage is run through a program on windows 3.1. I rarely use it so i cant remember the name

>School just bought ~30 new iMacs for the graphic class
>The rest of the computers are using win 7 or xp

>server-class cpu
>shit ram

got a cuckle out of me m8

>school spyware programs

Those are fun. Try Googling "how to make a bomb".

>school tries to offer me shitty laptops loaded with Botnet 10 or some fucking Chromebooks
>whip out my ThunkPad and tell them to blow it out their ass
>they give me $400 of my tuition back
>it was actually all gubermint money anyways because I am piss broke
>my actual face at that moment

That was a standard resolution for consumer devices back in 2001-ish. They replaced it with 1366x768 later.
>dubs checked

Your computers are a consequence of public school budgets being historically insufficient, and you don't need a fucking full-fledged workstation to look up shit on Wikipedia to write your C- essay with Office 2007.

Deal with it, faggot.

You're lucky they didn't try to force you to use their "approved" laptops.

I do machine learning and need as much RAM as possible

>40GB IDE HDD
>40GB
>IDE
>HDD

JUST

But gaymers only need more than 4GB of RAM if they use an Nvidia GPU with piss low VRAM.

it's a fucking college faggot

also the computer next to me had a fucking BSOD since i got there this morning

>high school in 2008
>go to com lab for the first time
>pcs were from 1990s
>pentium, 64mb ram, runs win 95
>no internet
>can only run paint and type docs
>teacher wants us to build a webpage with it

The school was a seminarian private non-profit relying solely on donations from alumni. The PCs were donated by some alumni in the 90s. Before I graduated they scrapped them and webt with a diskless setup.

>>Have to type in student info to login
>Takes like 20 minutes to login because it has to setup the desktop
EVERY FUCKING MORNING

Let me tell you kids something about college computers...
esports.uci.edu/uci-esports-arena.php
Free™ for students. :)

>Paying for your degree doesn't mean it's more hard earned than one who didn't.
It absolutely does.

And that's why Active Directory is a joke

>tfw pentium 4 school computers running windows 7

>not knowing how to reboot a PC
>college

>heavy programming
You must be a big guy

>UCI eSports’ scholarship players

>Get to use computers for free at school
>Complain

Also
>Having to pay to attend university

That computer is powerful enough to run office without lag.
I don''t know what you're complaining about.

We have 4GB in the workstations at work. I constantly run out of memory.
Visual Studio + SQL Developer + Internet Explorer debug session + Few tabs in Firefox for documentation.

>college 2013
>com labs PCs run on windows with linux on vm
>couple of macs because computer networking or summat
>2 years later
>came back to arrange some docs
>visit com labs
>all windows pcs were changed to imacs
>whatthefuck.jpg
>heard a rumor that the resident applefag who's an instructor now and was on my year apparently convinced the department to get imacs on the next equipment requisition
>mfw

I'm so mad. The guy was an insufferable Applefag who copied source codes and logic sheets for homework because he can't into basic programming and logic.

Oh ChemCAD, thou art a heartless bitch.

>Get free thinkpad with Enterprise Windows that we get to keep after we graduate.
>School wifi is free and open to all students with no filters whatsoever.
You guys must have gone to some shitty schools/unis/whatever.

>16 cores
>2GB RAM

Just ignore California. It's not a real place.

you could just use notepad.

>We can't even run browsers

>24GB of RAM
What. Are you running triple channel?

No... just 3 8GB sticks. Two are paired, one is solo. You don't need to run them all together.

Started with 16GB but I kept paging out so I got more. They told me not to bring a desktop to uni... HA!

>Silicon Valley
>innovation
Hipster trash and recycling of 30 year old ideas aren't innovation, user.

American education everyone. What a dumbfuck retard mong wingnut.

Firefox

Firefox is CPU intensive, baka. It's Chrome that seizes control of all your RAM.

>mfw every computer at my school has an i7
>even the library card catalog
>even the one in the mailroom that shows the same powerpoint on loop forever
>mfw poorfags will never know what it's like to be somewhere this patrician

Hope you're enjoying your time at state school, OP. Good luck with those student loans!

This. I'm sitting comfy with 2gib, and I pretty much never feel restricted.

Sup Forumsirgins need to leave

>using firesucks

It depends on the uni, really. Mine was a relatively wealthy one, maintained servers for the University website, billing services, grade repositories, a cloud service and a SNS that only the IT department only uses, but filtered kikebook, 9fag and Sup Forums. They jewed me out on my computer lab use, only 50 hours per semester. Not enough for a CS undergrad doing programming assignments.

Ramdisk