A virus replaces your OS with gentoo

>a virus replaces your OS with gentoo
What do you do

Reinstall windows 10, so I can have a less frustrated experience, and working programs and meh gaymen.

Be happy cuz I can't install gentoo

Install gen... oh wait.

I put the hard drive into the microwave oven, buy new one and install Lubuntu.

>replace Gentoo with Gentoo

T-thanks for the fresh install.

restore my configs from a backup and keep using gentoo

Spread the virus.

Say fuck it and install Xubuntu because I wasted my entire weekend rigging up Gentoo on a piece of shit E545 and this virus just fucking nuked my system.

>tfw i need a virus to do it for me

Restore my backup.

I need Wangblows™ software.

>replaces gentoo by gentoo
and nothing was changed

>a virus replaces my OS with my OS
>don't even notice

>tfw gentoo have an installer

Pray it will be as easy to learn as Ubuntu

I am using Linux, so what virus?

Be happy that I was blessed with best operating system.

Take this as a sign from some higher being and learn how to use Gentoo.

What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>tfw you dont know basic english grammar

Install TempleOS

Don't meme me like this, I didn't even mention Loonix by name.

Blame the CIA nigger faggots for trying to pull me away from the one true OS.

emerge wine and install foobar and Steam, see if I can manage.

Okay
A virus is a piece of code attached to another program in disk. This code is loaded into memory and thus managed by the kernel.
To "install gentoo" it would need to issue a system call that dumps an image onto the boot sector of memory, effectively overriding kernel code, and with it the code for the system call, making the whole system to break.
As a result, the operation wouldn't finish and I would just end up with a boot sector pointing to a broken filesystem and an incomplete kernel that's likely just going to crash immediately if it even gets as far as running, else the boot sector would just point to bad memory and crash without getting any kernel in the first place.

Are you retarded or how is a virus supposed to install gentoo? please fucking enlighten me.

>virus is running(somehow)
>create a partition with installation media that requires no user input
>installation media does its thing
>?

oh hey maybe it's a boot sector virus (do those still exist in year of the lord, at all?)
It would then just boot by itself and be able to do whatever it pleases with disk memory. Of course it'd need to copy gentoo from some place, but it only needs to locate the gentoo img in the local filesystem and make sure it's in a section that's high enough not to be overriden by itself. It would also need to track all the pieces of it as managed by the filesystem. Then it would be as easy as just copying it directly into the first sectors of the disk.
Of course, I'd be looking at a blank screen after I boot and for about 20 minutes for the process to finish.

# emerge --emptytree world

nevermind, I was wrong in that I mixed up disk with memory there. The entire kernel can be loaded into memory without getting paged, I really don't know if kernels do this and which do.
It could very well happen. Still it'd need to have the gentoo img on a partition high in disk so that it's host filesystem doesn't get trashed

>virus installs the One True OS (TM)
>somehow it's pulling you away from what it does
Either I'm confused or you're confused

>everything went better than expected

Shit user.. I feel you...

install windows
restore files from weekly backup
resume productive life

>Virus does all the installation heavy lifting and leaves you with a working computer albeit now it's Gentoo
T-thanks virus, I honestly was going to do it myself on a weekend because I have too much work

thank the friendly virus for doing all that work for me and enjoy my new gentoo!

Yes, please.

>tfw i don't even care

this

Try it out for a few days and spend a week trying to get Arch comfy again.

test

Reinstall Windows 10 so all the corporations who usually spy on me do not think I am dead.

rm -rf /

Gotta put that "--no-preserve-root", m8

Rotate 360 degrees and throw my computer in the trashcan behind me.

emerge --sync && emerge -uDUN @world

Install pacman.

Meh
Can't be that hard

this desu

>Virus tries to replace your OS with gentoo
>fails
>Virus runs through the steps again, reopens the wiki and checks the VM
>Virus burns another ISO, grumbling
>Virus fails to install again
>Virus says fuck it and installs Ubuntu instead

Reinstall Fedora.
Rolling release distros are shitty memes. I just need my shit to work.

enjoy your new OS, somebody just made you a favor by taking the hard part off gentoo

This.

>rotating 360
>returning to the same spot
u wot m8

joke's on you, installing gentoo is the hard part

Install busybox and install gentoo INSIDE GENTOO!

>TFW you can throw an object; forward, backward, left, right and many more combinations.

Please stop

Reinstall Debian and use one my weekly backups from my 1TB external HDD. Debian is the only non-autistic and non-botnet GNU/Linux distros left. Stable and easy to use. I would recommend it to beginners and advanced users alike.

Install SystemD because you'll need it later.

>non botnet
>systemd
nice try NSA

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just.Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just.Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

Enjoy your botnet.

>>a virus replaces your OS with gentoo
>What do you do
Is that virus named Sup Forums?
I suppose memes are viruses

Format and install it myself

are you guys all fucking crazy? no way am i using an OS a virus has installed
i would immediately wipe the drive and install arch

I'd spend a few minutes staring at my screen in awe thinking about the absolute madman that actually programmed that virus.
Then I'd just learn to use Gentoo.

da botnet boogeyman

> >a virus
Nice virus. I'll restore from a backup.

laugh because the virus installed gentoo for me so i didn't have to do it myself

also someone check these dubdubz

isolate virus and repackage with proper labeling as an overly aggressive gentoo auto installer.

Upload and trigger the first of many glorious years of Linux.

But honestly where is my master exokernel micro OS combo with Microsoft Word support?

delete system3.........oh wait.