BROWSER DISCUSSION

What browser do you use and why? What are you general experiences with said browser? Are there certain browsers you'll never touch? Why? And other stupid questions.

I use the main firefox fork because I like extensions but don't like chrome watching everything I do. Kinda wish it was lighter but everything lighter I use is lacking features. Anything that strikes a good balance?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3i3sdm/how_to_debotnetdebloat_windows_788110/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

either chrome or firefox, anybody suggesting anything else is a troll, idiot or shill

There really aren't any independently developed browsers that can compete?
That's depressing.

Firefox

Tree Style Tabs

>I use the main firefox fork
Which one is that? Pale Moon? Waterfox?

This. Firefox if you give a shit about 'botnet'.

I just ditched FireFox because it is unbearably sluggish.

>go to twitch.tv with uBlock Origin as only installed addon and flash disabled
>browser hangs for several seconds, all the other tabs become unresponsive and shit. Same thing with Protonmail web client
>go to twitch.tv with Chrome and uBlock as the only addon and flash disabled
>everything is still quick and responsive. Same shit with Protonmail and all my other tabs.

Anyone notice how FireFox is stuck on RAM usage? I can open up 150 tabs and it becomes slow but RAM usage stays the same as when I only have 6 tabs open, even though everything is loaded in the other 150 tabs.

Chrome actually uses more RAM when it needs to, so it doesn't become unresponsive like FireFox.

Also notice how FireFox is actually more botnet in default configuration than Chrome default config? There is much more to disable in FireFox before it becomes non-botnetified

>using the twitch site instead of livestreamer + chatty
Pleb

Whichever one you get from mozilla.org

honestly, at this point I don't now anymore. All browsers are about the same for me, apart from Chrome and its RAM consumption

Currently using Opera...

It's fun, but I gotta say, not everything is supported...

Nothing with Opera, faggot.

Opera

because it's by far the best browser on the market. insanely fast and with unique features

>Maxthon

That's botnet^2

I use Opeara 12.

I just came back to FF after using Chrome for a bit.

I used to have FireFox set up with my address bar to search Google, and a Search bar specifically for Wikipedia.
With the new version, both bars search by witch ever your default search engine is. I know I can click the Wiki icon in the search bar drop down menu but I used to just press 'enter' because the bar was specially for Wiki. Having two bars search the same engine is kinda redundant, no?
Any ideas to get this back?

TL;DR
I want my address bar to forever search google, and my search bar to forever search Wiki.

Chrome, also because of postman
I switch to the firefox one just to double check some errors. Can't remember though if it was firebug or something

Classilla all the way

Firefox because functionality. I don't care about "much 10ms faster."

Dude what are you asking for?

He wants to know how to change hes default search engine to google in the address bar and the search bar to search just wikis.

>reading is hard Sup Forums edition

Can't be done. He's asking for an impossible thing.

Vivaldi, fuck gay extensions

Vivaldi, cause im a fking casual and i only use internet to look my emails and watch some yt videos.
Its just I like the design. More of annons will said Google Chrome is the best and Edge is shit just by the meme anyways.

It wasn't a month ago. :(

firefox, since I use a linux-based os and thats what firefox development is focused on. Runs great and does what I want it to (ublocko, httpseverrywhere, greasemonkey, grab&drag toggle when I want to use a touchscreen for browsing) and does it fast. Had to disable a lot of junk tho. Using firefox on windows at work from time to time (when I need to acess networkshares anyway, can't do that from my private laptop) and it is much worse.

Yandex
>gorgeous
>based on chrompera
>russian botnet instead of US botnet, and since I'm not a slav it's better this way.
comfy

Firefox, because of about:config and addons. It works just as fast as any other browser I've tried, even though there are shills against Firefox on this site who would suggest otherwise.

I'll never touch chrome again because Opera, iridium and vivaldi are literally better versions of Chrome and don't choke you with ads. Also edge because I'll never touch Windows 10.

I've been trying out IceCat. It's decent, but I prefer Opera or Firefox.

Currently on opera, doesn't crash as much as firefox and chrome, only complaint is the flash player addon for linux, can't fucking install it, on Windows works just fine

I use Chromium (NOT Chrome)

Firefox is SJW run, so I refuse to use it on principle. Never run flash ever. Don't run big JavaScript programs. Monitor your cookies.
Chrome is botnet. Opera is proprietary. IceCat was based, but hasn't been updated in over half a year.

Classic Theme Restorer has options to set search bar to old style behavior.

netscape lives?

i thought that it died in win9x era

>start chatty
>it use 400mb of memory
What the fuck is this bullshit? How can you bloat an irc client so hard?

Ungoogled chromium

I use ungoogled-chromium, because it's fast as fuck and well, ungoogled. There's some extensions I miss from Firefox, but I've learned to live without them. Used to use regular Firefox before, but it just kept getting slower and slower, and clearing cache and doing fresh reboots didn't help; e10s helped a bit but broke everything else. Tried Pale Moon, it was full of bugs. Iridium too. Opera, Vivaldi and Brave are just awful, Chrome clones with useless shit slapped on top. Edge I'll never touch because Microsoft, and I remember how awful IE was.
And I've stayed away from Midori because of the weeb name.

I use Firefox for the extensions, and Chrome without most of them if I need to play something my lockeddownasfuck Firefox doesn't.

I use a variety of other browsers to keep up with them and am comfortable on any. They are just browsers after all.

It doesn't use that much for me.

>pm'ed you the fix

I was interested in using chromium but I heared it had a backdoor that let google spy on you and that scared me away

You do realize Chromium is botnet too, right?

Netscape Navigator

I mentioned this in another thread but there's no x64 build for windows

Lynx

I remember I had this years ago. sadly Never came to my mind browsing Sup Forums with it

I don't see qupzilla in that picture

Am I the only person that uses Microsoft Edge? It's pretty fast. I don't know why people hate it so much.

Firefox because I like 4chanX + OneeChan too much to use anything else right now.

Chrome on mobile for the last few years because I like it more now than Opera Mini.

Nutscrape mustardrase

>What browser do you use and why?
Pale Moon. Compatibility with Firefox extensions, but without FF's bloat. SeaMonkey is okay too, but extension compatibility is utterly terrible.

>What are you general experiences with said browser?
All good. Have never experienced any crashes, memory leaks or any other red flags.

>Are there certain browsers you'll never touch? Why?
Anything by MS, Chrome, Safari and Opera. I was an Opera user until they ditched Presto. Now Opera is a bloated mess.

Chrome is Google. Google is botnet. Chrome is also by far the most bloated of the mainstream browsers.

>le sjw boogeyman

kys

>Ungoogled Chromium
>Iridium

can you guys link me to a x64 version og ungoogled chromium?

Qupzilla is butter smooth but no flash.

>not using mosaic

Brave Software guys.
The mobile version is great

vivaldi

You're saying this like it's a bad thing.

just use pale moon dumb fuck

Waterfox really comfy

Hey, i'm another guy and i always used firefox.

What's the difference between firefox and pale moon?

palemoon is older version of firefox aka not shit Chromfox.

Firefox because I hate myself.

How do I fix windows 10

uninstall it

well, you start by installing the Enterprise LSBT-N edition so you have less bullshit to remove

then you run something like
>github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking

to remove every form of tracking/telemetry etc in automatic. There are several scripts like that, this is an example.

This is the easy way, which should be good if you don't have little girls in your closet or something
The hard way is to study (by using google) and manually disable literally everything you don't like.

A few resources:
>reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3i3sdm/how_to_debotnetdebloat_windows_788110/

It contains several pastebin guides from win10 general here on Sup Forums, and you can easily research how to disable everything manually by using google.

Chrome on Android is so fucking shit it's unbelievable
Reload tabs all the time and no adblock too

Thanks familia. I have one question. For service method should I go disable or delete?

By disabling them, you can, potentially, revert them.

>Diagnostics Tracking Service
>WAP Push Message Routing Service

Google this stuff and decide whether you need it or you don't.
If you're too lazy/have no idea just disable them.

Firefox feels like I'm on a completely different computer with a very slow internet connection compared to Chrome/Chromium

Even the mouse seems to lag a little

Alright last question: Do I need to keep the program on my system or is it okay to remove?

The program is a script. When you launch it, it initializes a series of commands on cmd/powershell etc, and a series of actions are performed (changing x value from 1 to 0, deleting y, etc), therefore it does not make a difference.

>Sup Forums

Does a good filter extention exist on the chrome store? For universal use or for youtube or anything?

Back to plebbit

well yeah, they're competing with GOOGLE lol, who's showering their MIT software eng team with endless benefits and equity shares

>I don't commit crimes so I don't mind a guy in a black coat following me everywhere and taking pictures

>reddit can't explain the "install gentoo" joke
whew, dumb Sup Forums and their illogical memes

i used chrome for years and switched to chromium recently just for the hell of it

im too used to it at this point to bother with anything else. i used firefox for a long time a few years ago but switched the chrome because firefox was getting shitty

I use Firefox 28.

recently tried an alternative browser (qutebrowser), but quickly went back... nothing comes close to chrome in terms of speed, smoothness and functionality

Nightly.

Tons of neat features that won't hit the main Firefox anytime soon, at the cost of eventual glitches that you can work around or fix yourself.

Besides Firefox 49 looks really shitty with GTK 3.

I use both Vivaldi and Firefox, mostly because they are the only ones that support vertical tabs that I'm used to using.

But Vivaldi also has (rudimentary) tab stacking, tab hibernation, and session management built in. Needs a lot of work but it's good to have them.
In the event that Firefox both fucks up TreeStyleTabs and its own vertical tab solution sucks, I will have Vivaldi to fall back on.

I've been a chrome user for a long time, but I recently I installed opera for shits and giggles. It's surprisingly good. I think I've found my new favorite browser.

>I use the main firefox fork
>main firefox
>fork

>either chrome or firefox
>anybody suggesting anything else is a troll, idiot or shill

>neo-Sup Forums

Officially done with this place.

Thoughts on Seamonkey?

What about Chromonium ? isn't it the best of both world ?

I use watch my anime one Kissanime and Chromonium didn't supported htlm5 i was shocked at the first but for people only looking for a basic browser without the botnet i think it wouldn't be bad ? i don't know anymore honestly.

Do you have something to suggest ? i'm willing to listen.

same environment.
vivaldi (chromium sourse) is not good history tab than firefox.
and i wish that all sites change to HTML5.
i hate java/flash upgrade

I'm surprise that nobody as been talking about Iridium ?

According to the github, the Windows build works for both

Palememe desu.

I switched back to Firefox Nightly after using Chrome for years. It's great after changing the ugly default theme. Firefox will become popular again once Google starts cracking down on the ad blocking extensions like they did on Android.

is it better than chrome ? i mean the speed etc ?

The best one. Not sure what the fuss is about it anyway. People use like 50 add-ons that conflict with each other and cause memory leak then blame the browser. FF allows customization but going batshit crazy will eventually break any browser.

How can i love lagfox man... i wish i could.

Chrome
- faster at loading web pages
- UI looks nice by default

Firefox Nightly
- far less memory usage
- more responsive UI
- doesn't rape battery life
- native notifications with an extension
- no botnet

If you want to try out Nightly, make sure none of your extensions disables multi process mode. You can check by going to about:support

Firefox
I don't see any reason to use something else.
Maybe for something else but it's the only one that really offers what I want.
Also it goes well with Thunderbird (or Icedove as it's called in Debian) which I use for all my mail

There is no more lag in Nightly

don't listen to that guy he's probably retarded.
run irssi in tmux on a server, if you have a mail or web server that's ideal

Any other VimFX fag here? So insanely nice to use, to not be forced to click everywhere. Faster, more ergonomical and feels cooler.