How does Sup Forums remember their passwords? Do you use a manager like keepass or do you memorize it yourself?

How does Sup Forums remember their passwords? Do you use a manager like keepass or do you memorize it yourself?

Meep

overpriced gimmick i bought because it looks cool

I would write it down on paper. Sometimes memorize it or write it backwards.

I haven't tried it. What does it do?

IIN YOUR HEAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDD

I use keepass and keefox in firefox. I wish keepassx supported plugins so I wouldnt have to deal with mono.

this

i use lastpass... it's like 10 bucks a year and works really well.

Thanks, noted.

I pick a song that I know
pick a sentence from the song
use the first and last letter of each word and ad a number after it which is how many letter did the word had

HA JOKES ON YOU... WE DEFUNDED THE SPACE PROGRAM. NSA IS DEAD!

how do you guys remenber the pasword of the password database? also how long do you guys make the password?

8+ words Diceware password. Committing to memory is easy.

pass

Also portable gpg for windows on my USB drive. Hardly use it though, password generator makes things like 'Ruby4€8Suitcase' and they're surprisingly easy to remember

Full random sentence from a book with some random symbols/numbers between some words 'He&got3out"ofbed.' could be one. No idea if safe

No fucking way memorizing 8 words is easy.

If it's one password. Let's try another 8 for another one, or how about 5+ passwords.

The reply was to the original question >how do you guys remenber the pasword of the password database?

If it's only one passphrase you have to remember for your password manager, committing it to memory is easily done over an hour or two at most. This then assures you have one very secure passphrase that in turn protects true random passwords inside your password manager.

There will always be vulnerabilities concerning password managers. Your online identity is only as secure as your passwords & settings. 2 way factor authentication is great until your phone fucks up, which isn't hard to hack if you're using Apple ID. Use passwords with multiple uppercase/lowercase letters, various symbols & numbers above 4 digits. Utilize a few intentionally misspelled words to counter cracker dictionaries. Get a small journal/notepad to write passwords down in case of worst-case hack scenario. Will help to diversify passwords across different apps & websites without having to remember complex password combinations, or changes (since it's important to change passwords every year or so, maybe less depending on level of security). If you're concerned with someone finding said pass notebook, use some type of cipher/substitution encryption that you won't forget. If this isn't enough security for you, then you may need to dive into more advanced encryption methods. Better to take the extra effort & be more secure, than get hacked, and constantly worry about how much has been compromised.

*Tip of the day: Don't write "Secret" or "Passwords" on the cover of this journal/notepad

Thanks for the answers goys,

what about the built in password generator of keepass? is it secure enough to use?

>goys

Ignored.

Yeah I its probably safe but it doesn't really generatie anything I find usable.
Just get a wordlist of some sort, pick some words and add some numbers/symbols

no need to be upsetti

I have one long password that I customize in a predictable (and in an easily rememberable) way for every site / app. It's not ideal, but now I have a somewhat unique password for every site and I can still remember them all.

Man, I'm just disappointed.

This. Keepassx sucks ass. Completely useless fork.

I generated my master password using Diceware method, and use keepassx for other passwords

Piece of paper, but gonna get myself a small little notebook to write all of that inside.