This is a patch-cable, meant to reduce "distortion" when streaming music via music services such as Tidal and Spotify...

This is a patch-cable, meant to reduce "distortion" when streaming music via music services such as Tidal and Spotify. The Hi-Fi industry is full of snake oil. Do you see similar nonsense in your line of work?

I work for best buy... can confirm audioquest shoves so much shit down our throats it's not even funny.

Does Best Buy sell high end stuff as well? I know Audioquest got pretty big due to their Dragonfly DAC a few years back.

yeah, unless you work at a space ship magnet factory, you don't need to secure the "distortion". it sound's logical for a second but then you remember that Ethernet cables are not coax cables.

Yeah... I work in the park city best buy and llike 90% of all audio gear is sell is high end. Bowers and Wilkens is our top seller last i checked.

gotta make sure them digits aint distorted

got my dragonfly at 40 bucks after employee discount

>The improvements are profound and in many ways difficult to describe

Created by Christfags and for Christfags right?

yeah audioquest says the same shit... i can vouch for the dragonfly and the nighthawk but other then that... it's all snake oil.

Nice, ever had the pleasure to hear Revel speakers through a good amp, like a Audio Research? I've heard F208 speakers outplay $40000+ speakers.

I haven't tried the new Red and Black Dragonflys, can vouch for the Oppo HA-2 though, it's got the same DAC as their Oppo BDP-105D which is great.

All packets are verified on the receiving end of the cable, the only thing I could imagine interference would do is reduce speeds, but high res music is only about 1400kbps anyway.

they're pretty good. ESS saber dac, good preamp/amp combo and well built aluminum casing... plus it comes with a free year of roon which is like 400 dollar software.. 8/10 can reccomend

some post the ceramic risers plz

Nice, might get me one of those. Well, then again, the HA-2 is not too far off nowadays in terms of cost as it's being replace with the HA-2SE.

Not even snake oil just shit. $30 board to convert from 18VAC to 9VDC for model train accessories. Didn't even use a buck converter, just a voltage regulator that would overheat in 5 minutes at full power.

and what do they do about the shitty coax or telephone wire that serves their residence?

Internet arrives to buildings by magic, user, didn't you know?

>buy me one
sorry m8... if i get caught buying for anyone even my own family... i lose my job and get sued.

Space ship magnet factory worker here. I use cat7a to cut down on EMI. It does not cost anywhere near $2k/meter.

Might as well be in a space ship magnet factory, I'm licensed to transmit up to 1500watts ERP in various bands. That shit will BSOD a poorly shield computer from quite a distance even when aimed in the opposite direction.

By poorly shielded I mean it's physically connected to a peripheral (a monitor for example) that's not entirely encased in grounded shielding. You ever try to use a monitor entirely covered in shielding? It's like trying to watch food in a fucking microwave.

Sarum should give up on selling thousand dollar cables with pretty nylon braids and just sell fiber. Shit they could sell a single sfp for $3k and no one would even notice the markup.

Think ya misread that one m80, cheers though

Damn, wonder how that affects your brain.

>full of snake oil. Do you see similar nonsense in your line of work?
Do forced code quality, versioning & review practices count when they're so badly implemented that at best they do not make things worse, yet someone feels they are extremely important for good results?

Is it that bad? I know that line of work has a lot of fuckery in it, at least with clients that know nothing about the stuff (which are most of 'em, I'd assume).

At those prices you could listen to your music from several miles away.

I work at a server farm and every single customer loves to blame cables for some reason. Literally never seen a bad cat cable in 10 years.

They are billable hours for you and reduced responsibility for your boss.

We have this one client that insists on near 100% test coverage by all measures, slow ass code review procedures for everything in their end, etc.

Nobody competent ever reviews the code so all we get is endless nagging about docstring phrasing, naming things, "explaining things simply enough" or something. If there's some subtle fault in logic it will get through.

And their codebase is still garbage because their other contractor can't even fucking into basic Angular 1. Let alone shit like explaining why they had to use bits and pieces from a dozen outdated and broken libraries and then still reinvent the wheel (badly) in various critical spots.

>The improvements are profound... just don't ask us to describe what they are

It's non-ionizing radiation, so it wont give you cancer or anything. But it will melt you(literally) if you get to close. Just don't be a retard in general and take a few steps back if your face feels hot/on fire.

>brocade coded
>not getting the smooth west coast groove of cisco coding
>not appreciating the earthy funk of juniper coding
>not having a soundstage the size of mainland china with huawei coding

Are you even trying?

Like sous-vide faggots? Yeah.

I only stream music through ethernet cables handwoven by East Tibetan monks with metals mined from the tomb where Jesus Christ was supposedly buried. The high frequencies really come out and the soundstage is amazing.

> don't drink water from plastic bottles that's stood in the sun
> eat all your food from boiled plastic bags