/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News
Samsung Galaxy S8 first tests begin in January, new leaked specs fuel previous rumors
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8_first_tests_begin_in_january_new_leaked_specs_fuel_previous_rumors-news-21524.php

Motorola Moto M now official: 5.5-inch 1080p screen, octa-core CPU and 4GB RAM
phonearena.com/news/Motorola-Moto-M-now-official-5.5-inch-1080p-screen-octa-core-CPU-and-4GB-RAM_id87544

Oneplus: "T-7: The @Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 (2.35GHz) is coming your way. Find out more on November 15."
twitter.com/oneplus/status/796049807609622528

Black Friday 2016 phone and tablet deals from T-Mobile, Amazon, BestBuy and more
phonearena.com/news/Black-Friday-2016-phone-and-tablet-deals-from-T-Mobile-Amazon-BestBuy-and-more_id87343

Xiaomi unveils Redmi 4A, Redmi 4 Standard, and Redmi 4 Prime
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_unveils_redmi_4a_redmi_4_standard_and_redmi_4_prime-news-21458.php

LeEco Le X850 with Snapdragon 821 SoC, QHD display, and 16MP front camera clears TENAA
gsmarena.com/leeco_le_x850_with_qhd_display_16mp_front_camera_and_3900mah_battery_clears_tenaa-news-21408.php

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones/f_min_d screenSize.6
youtube.com/watch?v=ycIpOZY03OM
swappa.com
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
blog.syncios.com/how-to-backup-and-restore-wechat-messages/
help.line.me/line/?contentId=20000240
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is there any phones that would be useful as a portable digital sketchbook? I don't need it to do calling or anything I'd just use it to draw on on the bus or out on the go.

On a different note, are black Friday generals a thing? Might start one up.

Requesting advice:
Philippines
Globe (carrier)
Good camera
around PHP 10,000.00 ($ 200.00)
=< 5 in

- Currently considering Nexus 5x (pic related).
- Xiaomi Redmi 3s would've been great but camera's bad compared with the 5x.
- Moto G4 seems like a nerfed 5x.

> Should I go with nexus 5x?

>OP2 bought this May was having dots distortion on screen and only 3 hrs SOT
>Gave OP a call and send it to repair
>Everything is under warranty so free repair and also got a free plastic film cover
>Getting around 6hrs SOT now and the screen looks fantastic
I'm glad this was after they established proper customer service. I've heard terrible things about RMA with them during the OP1 era.

G4 Plus camera is much better than vanilla G4.
Redmi 4 Pro is out and might have better cameras.
N5x has better cameras but it's meh otherwise.

ATT
5-7"
Up to date Android
Front and rear camera
USB otg
Some way to get A/V out
User upgradable storage
Headphone jack

I'm willing to manually update, flash firmware, unlock, etc (and am legally within my rights to do so as a registered developer.)
Suggestions please.

HTC 10.

Where can I buy a replacement battery for a galaxy s4? Are the $8 ones from ebay any good? They seem sketchy as fuck but sadly samsung does not sell replacement batteries anymore.

would the axon 7 work on a prepaid us Cellular? looking into getting that phone but don't know if it'll work

I bought a used iphone 5 in a perfect shape but what bothers me is the weak battery
Is it normal that the battery in this phone is poor or is it beaten to shit from the original owner

is this Nexus 5X bootloop thing effecting certain batches or is it all around?

Mine is still going strong and I love the camera, but if it's a time bomb I might have to start shopping around again.

I'm thinking of getting a Moto X Pure, is it worth the 250-300 dollars?

Okay so, looking into a Galaxy Note 4 how do these preform with art programs? Is there anyway I could install a particular version of android that would take away the ram and cpu power that would normally be dedicated to usual phone usage and dedicate it to drawing programs? I've never used an android phone before so I'm pretty unsure how it all goes

>Are the $8 ones from ebay any good?
Yeah.

Any phone with a big screen and a capacitive stylus.

kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones/f_min_d screenSize.6

Have they made capacitive styluses that aren't big pieces of poop yet? I have a wacom intuos pen that I use on my ipad which works fine on such a large screen but I imagine using one on a phone it would just dwarf a big chunk of it and I wouldn't even see what I'm working on. The Note has that S pen that seems like it would work better.

Yeah S pen is better but your'e stuck with Note 5 or 4 because 7 went ballistic.

Currently on Verizon and in need of a new phone. Wanted a Z5C but it's not available on CDMA networks :(

Last two phones have revealed themselves to be lemons quickly, but not within the complementary insurance month. My Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S5 had and have horrifying battery life that resets and battery replacements do not fix. Now I'm being bombarded by network issues that make my S5 almost useless.

I'm not a fan of the current android phones being released, and I really dislike the size being forced. The S5 is already too big for my tastes (and I'm 6'3" with proportional hands). Thinking about getting an SE, but I haven't had an apple product in a long while.

Has anyone here made the switch? Is it shitty to use in conjunction with Windows as an OS and some Google services? Is the Apple ecosystem obscenely restricting?

I'm also going to be missing expandable storage, and the ability to access a functional file system, but outside of that there's not much I specifically foresee missing.

Any advice on switching, or on any smaller but powerful android phones worth copping?

I was gonna go for a 4 anyway since it's more in my price range and I can't imagine spending more on a phone that I won't even use as a phone. Was just curious about the performance and everything.

>Snapdragon 805
>3GB RAM
Specs are alright, but I have no idea how does touchjizz handles them after all this time.

bought a xiomeme meme5 for €300. 64gb + glass screen protector. it was worth it and will probably drop in price by the end of the year

stock miui 8 is breddy good and really fast

Can't you just root it and install something better?

Do y'all think the ZTE Axon 7 Mini will update to Nougat someday?

You guys should honestly give the OnePlus 3 a chance, its by far the best phone I've ever owned, anybody I know who also owns it would be inclined to agree.

Hey guys i just dropped my Honor 5x and shattered the screen and now looking for a replacement. Both the xiaomi redmi note 3 and 4 look like great options but i'm not sure if they support At&t LTE in New York. Any other ideas. I'm looking to stay around the 200 dollar price range.

0.01 Yuan were deposited in your chinkshill account.

Is the OnePlus 3 actually that good as they say or are all the reviews just chilling

Not shilling here but I agree. The 1080 screen is OK, its amoled and has sRGB support to minimize the over saturated shit.

Camera is decent, fingerprint scanner is fast. Phone is built like a tank.

Look up google pixel vs oneplus3 and the cameras look alike. Literally the videos will change your thoughts on this phone. No reason to pay $250+ extra for the same shit. Pixel meme

youtube.com/watch?v=ycIpOZY03OM

Tend to agree with everything this dude says. Fastest phone out there if you're not worried about the extra second or two you'll have to wait over the iPhone 7 thanks to its SSD like read/write speed

It's the best Android experience in terms of fluidity, I'll happily bet on that

Yes it is. Look up one plus three bending and torture test. One plus 3 vs google pixel.

The old reviews that hated the screen have mostly been updated to give a review of the added sRGB support and they love it now. Great phone for $400 and you can find it used for $350 and below on swappa. Dash charging isn't like qualcoms as the charger handles the voltage current regulation and not the phone. Battery life really isn't as bad as everyone makes it to be.

It's literally competing with $1200 phones and beating them.
It's not a perfect phone, it loses in camera competitions to the likes of iphones for example, still fucking amazing. Could have better screen, more battery life, Oneplus X body design, but alas perfect phones don't exist (yet).

Some places are selling the Mi5 32GB for around PHP 10,500. Unfortunately that's for the white version, the black version is around PHP 11,000.

The body is really compact and the way the body is curved makes it feel really small in your hands.

I've had mine since May 2016 and I absolutely love it! I get good speeds from Globe.

I'm in love

I'm done with nexus 5x, don't care about pixel phones. Don't want an iphone or samsung.

i just want a lag free phone with a great cam, pure android + root + xposed.

what should i get?

what model is dis?

P9

Interested in this answer, mine is fine but I'm slightly worried

Oneplus 3 if you care about roms and stuff.

As for as i know it's unclear at this point. It happens randomly after around 9-12 months. Some people blame it on Nougat, but it's exclusively hardware related. Most people with this issue didn't even have a root or unlocked bootloader.

I tweaked a bit the cpu settings on mine so it might be the direct cause. I was luckily able to get my data back and flash stock, and relock the bootloader. Heads up, putting it in a freezer for a bit DOES actually help to get to the recovery for a bit and it should be enough to get your data back.

>no 3gb ram and 32gb g4 plus
So close to perfection

woah. it looks really nice actually. it might be a bit too big for my manlet hands and it looks a bit samsungy, but other than that it seems amazing.

kind of wish it had the fingerprint sensor on the back under the cam, i so got used to it.

can p9 work on verizon?

Does Windows Phone have any future? I've been buying one on sale every black Friday for a long time.

And fuck you, MS, for not replacing the 1020. That thing was awesome.

you posted this already and we answered

but there is

It will not work. You don't have to worry about bands with Verizon. The only phones that work on Verizon are the ones they sell and a select few other phones like the Moto X Pure Edition and some Nexus devices. That is it.

Thanks for the info. That sucks but I figured. I get such a solid deal that I won't switch carriers. Guess it's v20 or maybe Pixel for me.

why not just replace the screen

Anyone using Chanu on Android? How do you make images not appear fucking huge? Otherwise it's great

axon7 verizon user here
I can understand the pixel, but why a v20? you could save your money and be okay with an a7 or the HTC 10

Yes they're all shills. pentile shit display that dont give 1080p, color accuracy is shit and with 6 gb of ram it can't even keep 15 apps open at once. Stick with samsung and its touchjizz. Never buy chinkshit

Thoughts on the ZTE Axon 7 Mini with the Snapdragon 617 for $299 USD?

I want to kill myself

>Snapdragon 617 for $299
Pathetic. the Redmi 3 Pro sells for $115 with SD616 which is identical.

You can get a SD821 for $300. Zuk Z2, Le Pro 3, Mi5s etc.

So other than Samsung, what other phone can support Qi charging without blocking off the USB port? I know Moto Mods has a Qi charger but that chin is ugly as sin and also no headphone jack. Will I have to wait for S7 price drops or S8/Note8?

What is the cheapest smartphone that has Android Nougat?

muh expandable storage + screen + muh removable battery
Main thing I want the v20 for is audio. I have an m8 right now but htc isn't doing front-facing speakers right now.

I'll be doing the 2 year contract anyway and Best Buy is usually running some promo with gift cards to offset the price.

My current 2 year expires in late December and I was considering waiting but I'm too impatient.

>Pathetic. the Redmi 3 Pro sells for $115 with SD616 which is identical.
Or you can get a Redmi 4 Prime for 130 which comes with a 625 and it's just 10k Antutu points shy from the 650

1) Need a phone within the week. my friend said oneplus3. is it good? my current phone just bricked

2) how do I copy the entire contents of my current phone to my computer?

thanks

1. OP3 is discontinued for OP3T that is coming Nov 15.
2. Android - copy files with USB/Airdroid.
iOS -iTunes.

I agree, I think that's the only thing that would make this phone better is onscreen buttons and the rear power button. They don't put onscreen buttons on amoled though because of screen burn in.

the screen does 1080p, get over it. Color accuracy isn't as bad as launch now with SRGB support. 6GB of ram CAN keep 15 apps open at once.

Look at some newer reviews with the newer updated roms and quit going off the shit you read 6 months ago idiot.

Wait for the OP3T, or look for a OP3 that is used and save $40-60 for a nice case.

If your current phone just bricked you're kinda out of luck unless you have that shit on the SDcard

I think if you guys in the /spg/ considered used phones you would be getting better phones.

People tend to sell cheaper on swappa than ebay because ebay takes a flat 10% where as swappa has a $15 fee. $300 phone on ebay will get hit by $30 and you tend to pay for that, where as swappa the seller has to pay $15... Seller is also REQUIRED to pay for shipping on swappa.

People on swappa are generally pretty awesome too. You can get new unopened phones for less. The axon 7 is on there for $370 if you want that chinkshit phone. Not really any xiaomi phones on there though since they don't support american basebands well. Still don't understand why people here would take 3G over 4G and buy one of those chinkphones...
swappa.com

Can i buy online from Best Buy or Amazon if i'm a beaner?

Looking for a phone between $150 and 250 to replace my old shitty galaxy fame, any recomendations?

Swappa = users who think their old as fuck phones should get near retail (at launch) price. Fuck that shit. Also the way they organize that website is a fucking DISASTER.

Literally zero reason to use it over ebay.

>everyone is an Americuck
>buying used, jizz filled phones
kys.

Alright Sup Forumsuys I'm thinking about getting the redmeme 3 pro. I currently have a OP2 and it's a nightmare, shit battery life, heats up like crazy. I would like 5-5.5in, a decently sized battery (3500+?)and an efficient processor for good SOT. 4g LTE would be nice but I guess if I have to I can use 3G. Also, what bands does HSPA use, same as 3G or same as 4G, i.e. if I have 3G do I also have HSPA or vice versa.

Shit forgot carrier, currently on tracfone (I believe that they use ATT towers)

willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

can you help me with airdroid? i have it installed. now i want to download everything off the phone

Did you even read my post, or just the last few lines? Thanks for the help, faggot...

No B12 and B17 for at&t and t-mobile which is their main LTE bands. B2 and B4 for limited 4G/H+.
Depends on your location really city/rural etc.

Just backup your apps/contacts/files/music/photos whatever. it's all in the interface and easy af.

google.com
:)

for example, can i save my chat logs from wechat\line\viber\whatsapp\etc? thats why i kinda wanted to copy the entire drive

Honestly I don't even know why people come to ask questions here of all places when a quick search on their favorite search engine will give them much better results. I'd understand if it was a highly personal question and you need immediate feedback, but with shit like "can I do X" or "is X the same as Y", just fucking search it.

Jesus christ it's why they even fucking exist, to help you mongrels yet you want to make it harder on yourself by coming to Sup Forums, then on to Sup Forums, and then onto this general to ask your stupid questions.

Contemplate suicide, for everyone's sake.

Mmmm, I think for those you have to backup manually.

blog.syncios.com/how-to-backup-and-restore-wechat-messages/

help.line.me/line/?contentId=20000240

etc. just google 'app+backup'.

i just want to plug in my phone to my computer. with usb cable. and copy everything to my computer. why is it so difficult?

>what is data structure
That's not how phones work lmao.

What are some good imageviers?
Im looking for an alternative to quickpic.

just curious, whats wrong with quickpic

Leafpic
All the other ones are unironically shit

Nothing, its perfect but the last safe version is 4.5.2 and im looking for features like being able to watch 2 images at the same time.

How long does it in general take for a xiaomi.eu rom to be released? (redmi 4 prime in this case)

really? safe? im using the current version now. whats wrong with it? what is 2 images at same time? like slideshow?

4.5.2 was the last version before Cheetah mobile Cloud bought the app.

shill me a chinkphone

I recently smashed my Xperia Z3, and it's no longer under warranty
What phones can you recommend to me, now that i need a new one?
I'd like to stick to Android

RN3P.

A month.

What's special about this chinkphone?

Best perf+value/$ on the market.

What about the LeEco s3? $150 with rebate and has LTE support

Pretty identical to RN3P in terms of specs, but no 3.5mm jack and no SD slot. still not bad though. SD652 for $150 is pretty good.

at least on Swappa you get to see the actual unit you get, as opposed to a """""manufacturer""""" refurbished phone that is in """"similar"""" condition to the stock pic used

but you should still probably peruse both for the best deal in any case

why are iphones the normie phone?

bump

capacitive/physical buttons or on screen buttons

Do you guys use a separate music player or do you all just use your phone?

HTC 10 or Samsung S7 or Huawei P9?

Pretty much the same order you wrote it.