What went wrong?

AMD

It's AMD and there's no blower.

Good question.

Price. And 28nm.

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

AMD is always late ~1 year.

Price

Like everyone keeps mentioning, price. I mean I understand it uses 1337 uber fast vRAM but to make it cost more than 2X as much as an R9 Fury is fucking bonkers.

Holy fuck literally what?
Didn't see the price before, was expecting as much as 450
That's insane what were they thinking

I bought mine at $475, they dropped the price pretty quick out of the gate i believe.

Too cute for this world

What went so right?

Nothing

HLOY FUCL

its a pretty nice product, that said the 290x is still fucking amazing bang for buck used

*niche

the price at launch was not bad, this was an extremely high binned fury x that was so efficient it used what, half the power of a normal fury x, in a form factor that had no answer to it.

the price was shitty, but fully understandable.

Too expensive, too little stock.

If it was max $300 then it would've sold a ton - even if it was a binned unit with less shaders.

They had absolutely horrible yields due to HBM, so they had no choice but to premium price it. Which made it highly uncompetitive, unless you wanted an extremely small form factor gaming PC.

I'm only hoping that they got enough engineering experience with it that they can do HBM2 much better, like back when the 4890 allowed them to pioneer 50nm and get the 5870 out the door a year before Nvidia.

it's made by AMD
poo in the loo rajeesh!

It's $300 now

thing is the nano was objectively better binned than standard variants, that fucker ran cool as ice

Availability.
Literally every product AMD releases is almost impossible to find for months.

you could say the same shit for nvidia, paper launches out the arsehole with this gen