/mpv/ - foss forever

>Installation for windows, osx and linux distributions.
mpv.io/installation/

>User scripts and meme shaders for advanced users.
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

>Some advanced configurations, don't copy/paste them like a retard.
github.com/haasn/gentoo-conf/blob/xor/home/nand/.mpv/mpv.conf
github.com/vyral-protoss/complete-mpv-conf/blob/master/mpv.conf

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Argon-/mpv-stats#why-are-my-frame-timing-values-colored
dpaste.de/Ws9M
github.com/haasn/blog/tree/master/posts
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Intel-Vulkan-Reloc-RADV-Hangs
lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=stream youtube with mpv
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Release_to_manufacturing_.28RTM.29
mpv.io/manual/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would like to use interpolation but unfortunately my GPU is too low.
Sometimes mpv bypasses the interpolation and display-resample.

Is it possible to optimize/increase performance of interpolation?
Could it be possible to run it smoothly on my pretty old hd3000 chipset?

I use fluidmotion from mpdn and I can't live without it anymore!
But mpdn is quite slow to start, buggy and has less features compared to mpv.

Why should I use this over MPC-HC?

How about you try it, form your own opinion, and use whats best for you.

Trump wins so goodbye foss and mpv...

What is going on with the faux-HDR shader?
It's changing all the time!

See github.com/Argon-/mpv-stats#why-are-my-frame-timing-values-colored

>Why should I use this over MPC-HC?
You shouldn't.

Wow dxinterop just werks on my thinkpad with Intel GPU. Never thought it would.

Why? Is it better than the default backend?

Well, they say opengl drivers on windows are shit.

lol at you, dxinterop still uses opengl, only default backend doesn't.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Where the madshi's shaders porting process is?
Is it already dead or are you wanting for his brand new NG1 shader?

wats better on Windows?

opengl-backend=angle
hwdec=d3d11va/-copy

or

opengl-backend=dxinterop
hwdec=dxva2-copy

Both output fine, dxinterop seems to perform better (use less resource) but there is downside to it?

NG1 > mpv with nnedi3 (quadrupling/128ns) + SSimSuperRes

Now what about the GPU usage?

Who cares? NG1 is just a prescaler and also just a regular super-resolution. Can you just shut the fuck up already? I doubt some one is going to port it.

mpv + youtube-dl > mpc-hc + nightly lavfilters + reclock + madvr + assfiltermod + 3dyd

Is wm4 in berserk mode these days?

>Is it possible to optimize/increase performance of interpolation?
What tscale are you using? How are you render times?

>Is it possible to optimize/increase performance of interpolation?
Vulkan would help a lot here btw

>reading comprehension
he's surprised that dxinterop works because everybody keeps saying opengl is shit

>vulkan
>intel hd 3000
:D

>interpolation
>hd3000
Will never be possible even with the linear tscale.

Not him, but my total is red even though no dropped frames. How is this even calculated?

What? Yeah it is, I watch all the time interpolated shit with opengl-hq (content up to 720p) on my 1600x900 laptop. It's at the threshold of frame timings but it works well, there's no stuttering.

>Who cares?
Me. :)

>NG1 is just a prescaler and also just a regular super-resolution.
Prescalers/supersamplers are good (forget super-xbr) for 4K+ and projectors, artefacts can be noticeable on monitors but who is watching their shits on that kind of devices?

>Can you just shut the fuck up already?
>I doubt some one is going to port it.
:(

No red stats or missed frames?

So it's been a while a while and I know that I used to watch videos like that without any problems, but now that I updated my packages on my laptop to try out, I noticed that even with just opengl-hq it takes longer than 16ms to render a frame. Did the parameters for opengl-hq recently (i.e. last 6 months) become more expensive?

And just interpolation with profile=opengl gives me 8ms frame timings. I'd take interpolation over higher-quality any day though.

Also is it normal that blend-subtitles reduces significantly (2ms) the frame timings? I thought it improved performance.

libass sucks

Noticed this too, probably a bug.
It's off by default for a reason...

What's wrong with it? I think it's nice that it's sufficiently flexible to render the osd and osc.

>libass sucks
It's the only maintained subtitle renderer...

What's the minimum GT/s to use interpolation with 1080p display and the lowest mpv config? I have a dumb shit with 4.80 GT/s only...

go away foozoor

>I thought it improved performance.
No. It requires an extra FBO indirection which costs some amount of time.

On modern GPUs it should be a few μs, but on slower hardware (iGPU) it can be significant

best mpv config ever

?

What configs are you guys using on low end laptops? I've got this atm:

--profile=opengl-hq
--keep-open
--opengl-backend=dxinterop
--interpolation
--tscale=oversample
--deband

Am I missing anything?

Ok good to know, that's a bit much for my igpu, maybe I'll have to rethink my use of this option. Also I can reproduce consistently my framedrop, I'll submit an issue this evening.

deband is included in opengl-hq. Also what's your definition of low end laptop? You'll already need a dedicated gpu to use these settings comfortably

- all those unnecessarily --s gave me eye cancer
- `deband` is already on by default in `opengl-hq`
- `interpolation` is ineffective in your configuration (requires display sync)
- `keep-open` users should bash their head in with a wrench

>Also what's your definition of low end laptop?
alienware i5 gaming laptop

i3-2330M & AMD 6470M.

So I don't need the -- I can just have the options alone?

>- `interpolation` is infective in your configuration (requires display sync)

How do I enable display sync?

>-`keep-open` users should bash their head in with a wrench

I need that option as I use mpv as my image viewer.

How about you READ THE FUCKING MANUAL instead of wasting Sup Forums's time with trivial questions

Anonymous imageboards: serious business.

Try this in your mpv.conf file:
profile=opengl-hq
video-sync=display-resample
interpolation=yes
tscale=linear
opengl-backend=dxinterop

Oh is it an intel/amd laptop?
On mine dxinterop crashes windows... so be careful.

For intel/amd hybrid laptops:
profile=opengl-hq
opengl-dcomposition=no

And don't forget to set mpv in performance preset in catalyst manager.

I hate what they've done to the OSC scaling in the last few weeks. It was perfect before, then they changed the default size of 1.0 to be what was 1.5, fucking huge. And I don't know what else they did but now if I have a bunch of mpv windows open next to each other (tiled and small) the OSC becomes tiny as fuck and unreadable.

I should actually say OSD instead of OSC since all the text that can pop up has the same issue.

Works On My Machine™. No Windows crashes with dxinterop on my Intel/AMD laptop.

Plain opengl vo should do just fine on anything but laptop GMA950 toasters and completely broken drivers from GPU's of the same era (and older ones)
opengl-hq will probably run on your machine, barely, maybe you will need to disable debanding

how do you configure mpv to display subs properly. I'm talking specifically about typesetting.

on the left is mpv and on the right is mpc hc.

I really hate that mpc-hc is getting it right .. I don't want to use it.

You download a non-shit release that doesn't rely on VSFilter specific behavior and quirks

utw vs retail..

hmm I'll take utw and use the shit player.

enjoy

mpv BTFO

Libass is not designed to achieve equivalent output with VSFilter derivatives and will never have it. Most new typesetting actually works better in libass, but stuff from the old guard like UTW relied heavily on VSFilter specific behavior. I'm still not sure if their Nisemonogatari OP renders properly or not.

Still nope. Oh well.

>Libass is not designed to achieve equivalent output with VSFilter derivatives and will never have it. Most new typesetting actually works better in libass, but stuff from the old guard like UTW relied heavily on VSFilter specific behavior. I'm still not sure if their Nisemonogatari OP renders properly or not.
In the past (maybe still today, don't watch anime anymore) typesetters actually used bugs (not specific behavior, outright bugs) to achieve certain results. This forced libass on multiple occasions to implement the same bug just to get the same output and I'm actually glad they do not/did not implement all the bugs.

>Not him, but my total is red even though no dropped frames. How is this even calculated?
It's written there. The link also says it's not entirely accurate but merely an indicator. Other than that, I suppose you have peak colored which is often high but doesn't mean much as it might've been just a single frame.

Lucky mpv is not an American project.

compiled mpv with this pkgbuild dpaste.de/Ws9M

vdpauinfo says mpeg2 can be hw decoded (and is afair) but mpeg2video looks like picrelated with vo=vdpau

halp?

lol

Is mpv working well with XWayland?
I would like to try a Linux distro but Fedora 25 is the only one that boot correctly on my machine!

>I would like to try a Linux distro but Fedora 25 is the only one that boot correctly on my machine!
PEBCAK

mpv natively supports wayland, although not fully (wrt interpolation in particular).

I can't really deny. I am not an expert who installed 100+ Linux distributions. I used Rufus to copy ISO image on my USB key, maybe I downloaded a bugged version but why did it work with the fedora install iso and not with the others?

However Gnome/Fedora is comfy and easily 5 times faster to boot than windows 10 and all my keyboard features work out of the box. On windows it was a nightmare, I needed to remove shitty GUI drivers/programs that were installed by WinUpdate, remove bunch of services to stop auto installation and download/install the correct programs just for keyboard! But every months WinUpdate installed its shits automatically again.

I don't have any apparent problems with mpv on fedora now but it was to be sure because mpv is probably my most used program.

I've heard good things about gnome when it comes to comfiness, I should try it someday.

I didn't hear anything bad about gnome except on #mpv.

Haasn has a blog:
github.com/haasn/blog/tree/master/posts

How can I make knob look exactly like wiiaboo's? Mine has a grey background and looks big and clunky.

>>vulkan
>>intel hd 3000
>:D
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Intel-Vulkan-Reloc-RADV-Hangs

hd3000 is sandy bridge, which is not supported by the vulkan driver.

>hd3000 is sandy bridge, which is not supported by the vulkan driver.
Ohhh, wasn't aware. Just checked on intel's site.

How do I play youtube videos on mpv on Windows 10?

rtm

lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=stream youtube with mpv

>rtm
what

rtfm

thanks for the clarification user. So only old releases are affected. I suppose .

that's the only problem i found so far, other than that everything is good.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Release_to_manufacturing_.28RTM.29

WHERE HOLY SHIT

mpv

where's the mpv manual?
mpv.io/manual/

google "mpv manual" you fucking troglodyte

You need youtube-dl too

and?

How did you find this site? How are you capable of even using mpv?

And what?

>how are you even capable of using mpv
its literally drag and drop, im tech illiterate but not THAT tech illiterate

Can mpv on windows play folders yet?

Hi guys, requesting your patrician knowledge on mpv. Can it stream to device (tv) on local network?

No (or maybe you can through some hacks or some scripts or really old mplayer functionality), it's supposed to be a media player

big bummer

You could try VLC, it was literally designed for LAN streaming