Besides stupid Sup Forums memes, Is Trump good or bad for free software movements?

Besides stupid Sup Forums memes, Is Trump good or bad for free software movements?

Other urls found in this thread:

edition.cnn.com/2016/02/19/politics/donald-trump-apple-boycott/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We'll be able to tell the CoC fags to take it chill with their demands for diversity and inclusion, making the community less tense and more relaxed.

I don't know. Does he have any opinion on copyrights?

Seeing as how conservatives/corporations were against net neutrality, I'd say bad.

bad for net neutrality, good to combat trans-fag cunts and other oddities that their only contribution to technology has been making comments on what term could or not offend people. That people needs to be put down.

he's a candidate of the people, he doesn't necessarily agree with the GOP, corporations and RINOs

*president of the people

Make it hard that net neutrality Is Important but also "were behind other country's with internet which makes us look bad and stifles business because Comcast" and tell him to ask people who know .
Hes the type that offloads work on more knowledgeable people, If he gets an engineer going "shit's fucked boss" it'll get fixed.

hitler was a candidate of the people too

heard*

He's also a walking talking corporation who would love to monetize anything within reach.

Tesla, the world wide American car brand.
wonder if he'll push to unfuck the issues in the Midwest with that shit.

Well, he's talked about making health insurance competitive across state lines. Insurers have fought for decades to prevent this, since they have their own little fiefdoms with minimal competition.

Going by the same logic, you'd think he'd be for net neutrality. Then again, it's a fairly complex and nuanced concept, so maybe not...

He has specifically come out and said he is against net neutrality in what I think is a misunderstanding on his part. He only hates it because he thinks "Net neutrality = Obama messing up the internet!"

Donald Trump has been a vocal advocate of free market principles. Net Neutrality ensures all websites are treated equally by ISPs. All websites have an equal opportunity to compete. That seems like a free market principle to me.

I heard he also drank water!

More like he is just in it for himself his own corporations

How about we shut the fuck up and see? Maybe post about actual technology in the mean time?

>le hitler was evil meme
>muh 6 trillion joos

You're completely wrong actually. Free market principles would give control to the ISPs to manipulate traffic flow to their whim. Net neutrality is about treating the internet as a public utility.

He is definitely better than Hillary for Internet freedoms.

No, my man. Free market principles means the ISPs can continue their oligopoly and fuck you up the ass as much as they want, because they can continue keeping competition out, driving up prices, and doing whatever they please without actual net neutrality laws.

So the year of the Linux desktop is definitely going to happen before 2020?

The internet is a marketplace. If ISPs are allowed to manipulate it, there is no free marketplace.

We don't know yet, but he's definately better than Shillary "let's kill Assange" Clinton.

Cant do that without government granting them a monopoly. We need competition to unshit internet access

He's a business man and only wants what would make him money

The internet infrastructure is owned by Time Warner (AT&T) and Comcast, which are companies. Free market principles would let the companies operate and deliver services to customers as they wish. Forcing them to provide free access to anyone is a government intervention, strictly anti-free market. In this case, it's for a good reason, as the internet has become an essential public service like electricity and land-line phone.

The ISPs are already doing this, where have you been? Why do you think we're paying double price for shit internet and shit infrastructure compared to other countries?

Open sores will always be complete fucking garbage regardless who's the president.

By "free access" I meant unrestricted, not cost-less.

There is arguably not a "marketplace" for ISPs. In many places, it is even illegal for there to be competition.

The free-er marketplace principle would be to ensure a fair playing field exists on the internet.

if he's in it for the money he'll focus on the big things like building a giant fucking wall and roads and bridges etc, the less important things can be like the people want them to be to boost his approval ratings

r00d

He wants to make software quality great again by building with -Wall.

Trump called to boycott Apple until they unlocked the phone for FBI.

edition.cnn.com/2016/02/19/politics/donald-trump-apple-boycott/

Trump is really really really bad for internet freedom, maybe the worst.

That "free-er marketplace" scenario is literally the government forcing ISPs to operate a certain way. That is not free market principles, even if it results in more freedom. The free market principles held by conservatives (and Trump) are against government intervention and letting the market sort itself out. That doesn't always work out so well.

"Boycott all Apple products until such time as Apple gives cellphone info to authorities"
~Trump

and he did what he thought was best for his people

>america
>freedom
lol

not worse than any other recent president

Because there is no local competition. Where is the small business isp? Where is there municipal internet where you pay for usage like water? We need options. Not more legislation.

Okay thanks for your input. I still think is true, but it seems like I am warping what the term "free market" means.

I see it like "Government is to Businesses as ISP is to Websites". ie ISPs themselves are stepping in and forcing websites to operate a certain way, in the same way that a Government would step in to meddle with the way businesses are allowed to operate.

This is I guess not really what most people (and indeed, Donald Trump) believe when they talk about a "free market". They may simply see that ISPs are a type of company that exists in the real world, and the internet is just a service that they own.

Looking at the idea of "free market"s though, the principle seems the same to me.

There is no local competition...because unregulated free market does not work. I have plenty of 'local competition' around me, too bad they're all providing inferior service for even more money, they get bought out and absorbed into the oligopoly or they're just resellers of the oligopolies. Not to mention starting a 'small business ISP' means you need to have capital to lay your own infrastructure, or you'll be paying to use the infrastructure currently in place, already owned by the big companies, forcing you to transfer that cost onto your consumers. It's not so simple that you can just say that more people should open more businesses. For another example of free market not being the end-all solution to problems, look at American healthcare before Obamacare.

Ya, you got it now.

ISPs are members of a market.

>He gave Ivanka to the jews in exchange for some commercial deals in Israel
Sup Forums redneck niggers deserve to get gassed along with the niggers and the jews for idolizing a cryptokike conman

wew lad

Horrible.

did the orange retard really say that

Yes.

Bad either way, with hillary or trump. This wasn't going to get any better with that evil woman.

Trump is going to fix the internet and destroy the commie "Free software" movement.

Let's not exaggerate, user.

There's no way Trump is going to be as based as Hitler.

>hey don't call me nazi, you're shutting me down, bigot
>heh based hitler
lemme guess holocaust didn't happen but it should happen again

Trump is going to deport all the immigrants, anchor babies, and Muslims. If we can't afford to deport them all, we'll just put them in camps. What's not based about that?

A bunch of folks in interment camps got BTFO because the country keeping them imprisoned couldn't even afford to feed itself anymore.

What you should be asking is what would have happened to the American Japanese prisoners IF there was some ridiculous clusterfuck where the Third Reich was marching down the I-95 corridor, the Japanese were landing troops on the coast of Oregon and thousands of starving people were rioting from Denver to New York.

Think the internment would have continued to be as relatively generous and comfortable as it was?

a 1/3 of trump voters would not mind with such a policy and most of pol

hmmm

pic related

starvation

This would actually be kinda plausible if there weren't "DUDE KILL JEWS LMAO" documents dated a decade in advance

100% of Trump voters wouldn't mind. Trump has repeated himself over and over again about wanting to do those things.

The only real problem I see is that it might take longer than 4 years to build a huge wall all along the Mexican border. Trump would just have to get reelected.

>Trump would just have to get reelected.
i thought it's rigged

turns out the only rigging happened in cities where there were fewer polling stations

Hey, that actually makes me happy

If he can exploit them, he loves them. If he can't, and it will gain him brownie points for bashing them, he bashes them. He makes Hillary look consistent, and Bernie look fiscally responsible.

Yup.

Free Software is the exact opposite of communism. It emphasizes personal ownership, by letting you actually own the code that you run. It does have some anarchist principles like decentralization. It also supports capitalism by creating a free market for support of software, instead of monopolies.

Bad. Trump and "free" are like oil and water.

YES

just werks presidente

>use everything apple

he also thinks that we can shut off the internet for isis, and believes that snowden is a traitor and a literal spy planted by a foreign country

And there was no Internet oppression nor spying when Hitler was in power.

Coincidence?

>no spying when Hitler was in power

obviously absolutely bad

Internet spying.

They had reading comprehension back then too, I imagine

Did they know how to use punctuation too?

Dunno we'll find out

T R U M P

if you're going to give people shit about reading comprehension it helps to realize it's obviously ambiguous and could be interpreted as spying in general or internet spying in its current form. it's on you to be more clear

>only fewer polling stations

Well the context and this thread at large is about electronic rights. I thought it was very clear.

Bad for tech companies that aren't targeting infrastructure/construction/military. Great for those who are. If free software is being targeted for embedded systems, it may find a way to benefit. If today's trading is any indication of how the market will trend during Trump's presidency

Hitler! HITLER! EVERYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS HITLER!

Hillary would be better in one way:

Freedom to read the president's emails.

lel
Could you switch off of Trump, but not off Hillary?

Trump is against net neutrality
He's pro policing and surveillance
He wants to open libel law to make it easier to sue for defamation, which will lead to abuse and censorship.

You're right #ImWithHe- oh wait XD

>Against TPP
wtf i love trump now
>Against net neutrality
wtf i hate trump now

Just a reminder for all SJWs to bottle their tears b/c salting the earth is bad for the environment

Are you pretending to be retarded or do you actually thing camps are free?

I love how people act like they dont just give you a paper ballot in that scenario.

Trump is probably bad for everything.
You fuckers are absolute buffoons for electing him and you will get the government you deserve.

He's against encryption and net neutrality, you tell me.

I jerked off in my station this year, four years ago we had a young brunette.

Who gives one about them guys

>Trump is probably bad for everything.
Except for memes

>being this butthurt
>not even american

I can't wait for turnip to backdoor your box

>Trump as president
>Majority Republican congress

This country deserves this shit.

because he has already backdoored yours

Thank you for the sodium chloride.

paining like 30 euros for this

fells good to be Slovenian

They already voted Hillary, they have to unselect/reset Hillary first before it will allow you to change.