How long until encryption is banned?

how long until encryption is banned?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Export_of_cryptography_from_the_United_States
slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/11/09/jihadists_are_psyched_that_trump_won.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Apple BTFO

>Apple
You do realize it affects more than Apple.

How can you realistically believe anything the media prints to at this point? Chill the fuck out, you can't ban math

>implying trump knows anything about encryption or how many things banning it would affect

Trump can't ban encryption. At most, he will prohibit companies from encrypting certain parts of their products, which will obviously create a massive security issue on the consumer end, but it's not like the average population knows what encryption is anyway so they won't care. I doubt he will ban SSL because Internet payments heavily rely on that, so the chance is almost 0.

In other words, Tyrone will finally be able to use his stolen iPhones and anyone intelligent enough will buy Android and encrypt the files with third party software. That's all.

You've summed it up perfectly. Thank you.

make caching proxies great again!

>believing the media in 2016
>just now worrying over privacy and encryption
My sides

lugenpresse

Already banned.
L a n d o f t h e f r e e

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Export_of_cryptography_from_the_United_States

This

>example shirt
>"may not be exported from the US"
>EU power plugs in the background

So you can't export things from the US
while everything is already freely acessible

gj

>encryption banned
not possible. all of internet commerce would cease to exist.

>banning the storage of random looking sequences of 1s and 0s

guys how do you get tor to work on Sup Forums? i can never post on Sup Forums through tor, i keep getting a failure to connect or whatever.

just in case they try some censorship shit i want to know

pay hiro
they're rangebanned otherwise

tor exit nodes are routinely banned just for being tor exit nodes
you'd have to use an unlisted exit node to use Sup Forums over tor

fuck

Just make one of your computers a node, hope many people connect through it and use it until you get banned.

You made a choice

Not to mention modern banking would cease to exist too.

hola/vpngate

mook cant be arsed to blacklist these. useful for countryballing on /pol too.

it has to happen before the midterm elections

so I guess between the 100-500th day he's in office

Heh, did you think Sup Forums was supportive of anonymity?
This is just play anonymity, don't use it for anything serious like criticizing the glorious god emperor Trump.

thanks user

And thats what Trump wants, "ask for Bill Gates to shut down parts of the internet", remember?

That's not how it will be done - He'll ban natural persons from encrypting on their own files without certification from the state. Companies will be given encryption certification and are fully allowed to use encryption on their devices as long as the encryption keys are given to the government (NSA/FBI or whoever else).

That way a normal guy can't encrypt, those normal guys who need or want to encrypt must apply for that right and has to give the government their keys, and companies has that same procedure where they need to apply for the right to encrypt.

What issue does this solve? Terrorists and pedos will just illegally encrypt their shit. If they get caught encrypting that's not as bad as being caught as a terrorist or pedo anyway so it's still a win win for them. It just fucks over the normal people and corporations who want to encrypt and puts them at a higher risk of their encryption being broken by hackers since they have to give their keys up to the ever trustworthy government.

>banning the storage of numbers
What's next? Making mathematics illegal?

PGP "leaked".
Too late.

Cannot ban encryption. Many reasons why.
1)SSL.
2)Someone would just throw some encrypt-enabling GNU/Linux packages on a flash drive and pass it around
3)SSL again

So, What does Trump do in this situation?

For the web he can use cloudflare as a middle-man to get tones of data.

For PCs, he can mandate certain software to be put in BIOS / EFI. He can also ban Tor, but this is easily bypassed via making it look like XMPP traffic, etc.

Really, there is not a way to get rid of it.

you can't

Luckily terrorist usually too dumb to use secret language and pedos can be tracked by certain metadata and personal habit.

In germany a copyright infriger can be penalized harder than a rapist.

Any lawbreak can be penalizes arbitrarily. If the man wants to discourage encryption he just has to set the penalty as high as or higher than child molesting or blowing people up.

>lawbreak can be penalizes arbitrarily
>encryption ... penalty as high as ... blowing people up

I don't want to live in such world. Where do I sign up as next anarchy extremist? How one start organization to put his broken corrupted stupid government down?

trump is the friend of Sup Forums but the enemy of Sup Forums.

ITT: encryptards mad that Trump's gonna fight ISIS.

Friend of Sup Forums is enemy of everything though.

>Trump's gonna fight ISIS.
It will worth it definitely.

you basically described CP

Now it's as good time as ever to donate to the EFF, you fags knew the war on digital privacy was coming however was elected.

We don't wanna ban encryption, you idiot. We just wanna deploy secure asymetric law enforcement-only backdoors. Nothing changes for you unless you're a criminal. Your privacy won't be compromised.

>We just wanna deploy secure asymetric law enforcement-only backdoors. Nothing changes for you unless you're a criminal. Your privacy won't be compromised.
>law enforcement-only backdoors.
>law enforcement-only
>Your privacy won't be compromised.

Fuck off, NAMBLA shill!

>How one start organization to put his broken corrupted stupid government down?
>implying america isn't beyond saving

i'm going to assume a line would have to be drawn at "consumer drive encryption"

Because a blanket ban on ALL encryption would make the internet unusable.

Fuck off, NSA shill!

obviously they not going to ban for institutions, banks, military, like theres isn't already hard competiton in private companies

How much is ISIS paying you?

Fatalism never accomplished anything.

Actually, terrorists are having a blast that Drumpf got elected since they know how legislation banning encryption can only be beneficial to them.

slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/11/09/jihadists_are_psyched_that_trump_won.html

>law enforcement-only backdoors
stil a backdoor, like criminals would respect that, eventually password/method would be leaked

>Trump mandates law-enforcement backdoors in US crypto
>China assigns a few thousand mathematicians and programmers to finding the backdoor
>China finds backdoor, has full access to everything using it

Make America Insecure Again

>Terrorists and pedos will just illegally encrypt their shit.

And they'll be jailed for illegally encrypting their data, and get their sentence doubled for not providing decryption keys.

Haha enjoy Drumpf!

t. francophone fucking-leaf

>I don't know how asymmetric backdoors work: The Post

What you just described is impossible, user. Stop spreading FUD and pro-ISIS fearmongering.

>only we can use the backdoor
>trust us goy

Plausible deniability. "No, officer, nothing's on that drive. I wiped it with random data." The officer won't be able to prove otherwise without the key.

There's also the fact that we already have court rulings stating that being compelled to tell law enforcement an encryption key is a "testimonial act", and therefore is being compelled to testify against oneself, which is disallowed under the Fifth Amendment.

Asymmetric backdoors are still vulnerable to the leak of the information that comprises their key (Imagine another OPM hack that discloses all the US government's backdoor keys to another government, or to the world at large) They are also still vulnerable to side-channel attacks and implementation flaws, just like any other crypto is. Are you prepared to bet the entire country on the proposition that your spec and implementation of it is 100% perfect?

For the crypto to be secure against China, it has to also be secure against the NSA. You can't have it both ways. Either everyone is secure or nobody is.

>implying trump is not surrounded by advisors telling him what's the best move on everything.

So he's a puppet of all the establishment figures that he ran against, because that's where all his advice comes from, and he just rubber-stamps it?

Great job, there.

Trump isn't going to ban encryption.
He owes Assange too much.
I think we need to be asking how long until Trump pardons Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden when Assange demands it.

keep your laws off my libraries

Donald J Trump is our new President so why does banning encryption sound so impossible to you?

The president doesn't have the power to just 'ban encryption'. Good god people are ignorant of what the President can actually do.

this
>only illegal immigrants use encryption

>implying that the goverment as a whole wouldn't want to control your computer.

there has never been a succinct argument for the banning of encryption besides talking head "journalists" and whining. all they have to do is make shit more transparent and revise the legal processes for warrants besides secret courts.

who cares they'll die in prison quick

They can already watch every fucking thing that we do on our computers, why would they need to control them? We provide it all without them doing any work, and I'm sure they like it that way.

>hillary thought we could have a manhattan like project to make unbreakable encryption with built in government back doors

She was/is just as dumb when it comes to tech

On the one hand I can certainly see him and batshit insane house repubs ban encryption due to some bullshit "national defense" reasons.

On the other, in this age technology will propagate throughout the world economy whether you restrain it or not. Slaves in North Korea can import cell phones and DVDs from the black market. If something as essential as this is restricted in the US (as well as any form of extreme protectionism on any products) that'll just open up a big black market and big corps will certainly find ways to circumvent all of it.

It's crazy to think this could actually happen; requiring a licence from the government to use a mathematical formula.

I-IT'S OK. PRIVACY IS JUST A MEME ANYWAYS. M-MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, AM I RIGHT GUYS?

within 2 years the us will have government mandated backdoors in closed source operating systems and maybe even hardware. the nsa has had those things for a decade, but now the fbi and dhs will have them. then the hackers will reverse engineer the backdoors and everyone will be ownable fiveever.

this is exactly what will happen. the prison death rate in the future is going to skyrocket. you thought #blm was bad before, just wait. bodies everywhere. if you're an activist, you will be targeted just like during cointelpro. the fbi used to assassinate people for supporting civil rights and they will again. crypto will not be a civil right.

Hopefully Thiel will explain to him how retarded this is. I really hope Trump is smart enough to take someone else's advice in the industry.

I blame this on Donald Trump's son, the Junior. He's been on /k/ since at least 2013 and now spread his cancer across America.